How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
well, my luck took a complete 180 yesterday... I was fabbing up a new braket to hang the alt up top and to ditch the A/C on my silver... The 4 1/2" angle grinder I was using got bound up in the bracket and ripped out of my hand... It slit me across the bottom of my stomach and gauged the top of my foot... I am stubborn and hate hospitals so I have been taking care of it myself... main concern is infection but after thoro cleaning and some good advice from the moma dux (RN) I should be ok... I am gonna try and get to the shop tomorrow and try out the belt layout... I just wrapped the wound with some gauze and used teflon tape to wrap the gauze and kept working until I thought I was done... Only bad thing is, the shop looks like a murder scene Oh well... I guess it is bound to happen some time

Tom
Old 01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
One teal and One yellow

Sorry to read about this, Tom! Hope you take care of your wound nicely and recover soon. Why are you stubborn don't go hospital? Do you have medical insurance? Tonight, I got really mad at something(somebody), I used my fist to punch the wall, never thought I made a hole there and the clock fell off and the broken glasses cut my foot, I just used my fingers to pull the broken glass out - no cleaning... I guess mine is stupid and my cut is minor compared to yours.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 01-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
well, my luck took a complete 180 yesterday... I was fabbing up a new braket to hang the alt up top and to ditch the A/C on my silver... The 4 1/2" angle grinder I was using got bound up in the bracket and ripped out of my hand... It slit me across the bottom of my stomach and gauged the top of my foot... I am stubborn and hate hospitals so I have been taking care of it myself... main concern is infection but after thoro cleaning and some good advice from the moma dux (RN) I should be ok... I am gonna try and get to the shop tomorrow and try out the belt layout... I just wrapped the wound with some gauze and used teflon tape to wrap the gauze and kept working until I thought I was done... Only bad thing is, the shop looks like a murder scene Oh well... I guess it is bound to happen some time

Tom
Tom,
Those things happen (and it could have been worse), but DO TAKE CARE of the wound. The possible infection will be MUCH worse than the injury.
And be more careful next time!!

Hope it's better SOON!!
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Maniac modifier

thanks guys... I checked them today when I woke up and they are comming along great!. Its def a relief... Now I gotta finish the silver today and check out a future pearly

Tom
Old 01-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Get well soon Tom.

Please consider at least going to your local doctor for any antibiotics and such.

It's probably a good idea for people to keep a good first aid kit in the garage and also keeping their cellphone on them -- especially if they're working alone.

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Used to have: 1994 Pearlie, 40,945 miles, PWR Radiator, Motorsports Aluminum Crank Pulley, Raceconcepts Stainless Brake Lines, Axxis Ceramic Brake Pads, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, BBS STi 17 Silver Wheels, Toyo Proxe4 225/45/17 tires, New Dekka Battery, Unauthordox Racing Oil Cap -- adds 3.14 hp, OEM Coin Holder FFTDS aka Force Field Theft Deterent System. Magnetic oil drain plug, Purolator larger oil filter. Now she's in good caring hands at Earls place.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Maniac modifier

its really not that big a deal... but thanks for the concern guys... I have a great mother who is a nurse and I have been speaking with here about it and aksing if I missed any steps... She has been helpful and I will make a full recovery

Tom
Old 01-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom

Oh, wait, you're still young enough to be indestructible
(make sure you don't start runing a fever!!)
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: