How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-27-2001, 08:28 AM
CGLathrop

You wont believe this... (kinda long)

Yes.. I amn backl from my so called deployment to an unknown place for an unspecified time... here is the story

FRIDAY: Leave minot on 21 Dec and go to Macdill AFB. Get there and they say "who are you and why are you here?" I tell them, show them a copy of my orders. adn they cant find me in the system. Since its close to 1600, they tell me to check into billiting and give them a call tomorrow (saturday) to find out where I will be working.

SAT: Call the in-processing guys, and they give me another # to call. Call that #, and they say they didnt ask for a comm troop. They give me another # to call. So I call it and same story.. they didnt ask for a comm troop. This guy was cool though, and said to hang tight, he would call me back after he makes a phone call. Calls me back a little while later, and says that they didnt ask for me, but since I am there they will keep me nad put me to work. First thing they would need though is my clearance level. Ok.. Well.. cant get that to Mon. because nobody is in at my home unit. So they will have to wait..

SUN: Sit back and watch Turner Classic Movies, American Movie Classics, TBS superstation.. ETC....

MON: Get someone in my home unit to fax my clearance level down. But have to wait for it to be put in the system. Around 1030, get a call. They give me a choice. I can stay there and schedule video teleconfrence, or go home. hmmm.. not a tuff choice here. home it is. Unfortunatly, SATO (the people we have to get our tickets through) are closed untill the 26th.

TUE: Watch movies.. talk to the kids and wife on the phone. eat some turkey at the chow hall, nap, more movies..

WED: Get to SATO and get some tickets home. But I dont leave till 5:15 pm. So I pack, eat some lunch and then go to the airport. All is well untill I am on the airplane that goes from Minnieapolis (spelling??) to Minot. We are sitting on the ground at the gate when we are informed that maintenance is looking at the front strut. well.. they fix it, we get the plane deiced, and mange to leave only 50 minutes late. Finally arrive Minot at 11:45 pm. then waiting for luggage.

Thur: Finally get luggage.. wait for taxi.. get taxi.. finally get home about 1:15 am. 8:00 am.. surprise the heck out of the kids.. at least I got to do that much.

Anyways. I do appreciate all the well wishes everyone had for me before I left. I will hang on to them and put them to good use next time they decide to send me.

Chris
Old 12-27-2001, 08:36 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Chris,
So much for "Government Intellegence!"

Thanks for the report. I think I like that one more than the one I was expecting. God bless you and your family this holiday season. Oh, wait . . . I think He already has . . . twice.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-27-2001, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
To paraphrase a brilliant man,

"There's the right way, the wrong way, and ."the Army way."

Or in this case, "the Air Force way."

I guess all our prayers were answered. God does work in strange ways. He put you into "The Army Way", rather than into harm's way.

Larry III

Last edited by LarryIII; 12-27-2001 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:51 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: You wont believe this... (kinda long)

Welcome back!
Was that your Xmas holidays?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 12-28-2001, 02:12 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Oxycotin....I mean oxymoron...

Welcome home Chris! Don

---------------

<So much for "Government Intellegence!"> I beg your pardon! I'll have you know that in Naval Intelligence, we knew our asses from our mules at all times....

...usually... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"