Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-14-2018, 09:38 AM

front ABS tone ring

I need to replace the front ABS tone rings on my 95 LSi and it's over $235 from the dealer and not readily available (local dealer only has 1 and would need to get other shipped from Japan). The tone ring from a Legacy looks the same and is available aftermarket for less than $50; anyone know if the Legacy is the same as the SVX? The SVX part # is 26750PA000.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 AM

Re: front ABS tone ring

svx is a larger hub and tone ring , try F&S auto parts in waterbury ct they have 4 acers of cars and should be able to help you
Old 03-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: front ABS tone ring

Thanks for the response. I have called them and their SVX's are covered in ice/snow from our 3 recent Noresters (the 4th may be on the way); they suggested I call back in a couple of weeks. I have found a dealer in AK that has 1 for about $140 and it is being shipped. It appears that the Subaru's US warehouse only has this 1 tone ring since several dealers have told me the same thing that they only have 1 tone ring(at a high price of $245 +shipping). I only need 1 tone ring but I need to replace the front 2 bearings and since the tone rings need to be removed to do the bearing, I figured I'd replace them at the same time. If anyone thinks the tone rings may need to be replace, should start looking now since it will take months for rings to be shipped from Japan if they haven't already been discontinued.