Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania

Old 03-22-2001, 08:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
For any one looking for a factory style wing, maybe one that is a little taller, you can go with one made for 94-99 Acura Integra. It fits perfectly, but you will have to drill 4 holes. It also has a long LED brake light. Both myself and Phil (Phastsvx) have this wing. Best of all, you can get it from NOPI parts for around $200 plus the cost of painting. It has the same 17 inch side profile as the factory wing and stands about 6.5 inches tall. I have pictures in my yahoo briefcase if you want to check it out. Once I find the invoice, I will post the exact part #.
-Greg
http://profiles.yahoo.com/fastestsvx
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com
Old 03-22-2001, 09:55 PM
RRX

Wing

If I fits along the edges like the stock spoiler, Im definately interested. I couldn't really tell by your picts but it looks nice. Thats a good price too. Post that part# when you find it.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:59 PM

Wing

As long as the wing is mounted all the way back to the back edge of the trunk, it fits almost like the rear wing along the edges. - Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com
Old 03-23-2001, 11:32 AM
Lowered SVX

Question what's with the chrome edging??

what made you decide to chrome the window edging?? just curious?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-23-2001, 08:40 PM

Its not chrome edgeing

That is a white 1/4 inch wide pin striping material. It matches my white stickers. I did that after my windows were tinted because I wanted to still accent the bar that runs through the windows. Sorry, but I personally hate chrome. Its alright on rims, but anything else it looks ghetto. -Greg
Old 03-24-2001, 01:51 AM
Rev Hard

I happen...

.... to like chrome. Not particularly on the SVX but on lincolns Lexus and Cadillacs it looks good.

PAUL!
Old 03-24-2001, 01:03 PM
RRX

Chrome

I have chrome rims on my svx, and they look damn good. I cant see putting chrome anywhere else on the car though.
Old 03-25-2001, 07:47 PM
suby_qa

Thumbs up SVXBOY

If you have your camera handy and don't mind, take a few pictures of your rear spoiler close up and from a side angle. It looks VERY GOOD from a distance and I am seriously considering going this route. If possible though I would like to see it close up. Thanks
Old 03-25-2001, 08:52 PM
RRX

Spoiler

Is that the same spoiler as this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 238.jpg (4.3 KB, 273 views)
Old 03-26-2001, 02:02 AM

Spoiler

Thats pretty close. Next time I get to borrow my buddies digital cam. I will post some more pics of the wing, ok -Greg
Old 03-26-2001, 01:07 PM
Lowered SVX

it's white??

im sorry but it looks a little ghetto......but to eachs own! good luck with your car.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-26-2001, 01:43 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<im sorry but it looks a little ghetto.>>

Okay, I'm still getting used to youthful terminologies. So, is "ghetto" bad, and "pimp" good? In other words ghetto = "bummin'" and "pimp" = "groovy." (Leave me alone, my mind is still hitchhiking back from Yasgar's farm).
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-26-2001, 03:27 PM
Lowered SVX

Talking terminology explaination

ghetto for me is kind of gaudy or overdone. i dont like things that stand out too much or that are too obvious. the white edging is just a little "ghetto" for my tastes. it doesnt necessarily mean it is bad. i dont like chrome rims either but they are not bad. i like simplicity and symmetry.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-26-2001, 03:37 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<i like simplicity and symmetry.>>

Oh Lord. Not another engineer!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-26-2001, 04:15 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
pin stripe

Ive decided to go wiht a black metallic pinstriping for my window split. I bought it like 3 months ago, but it hasnt been warm enough for the adhesive to stick. I think my striping may be a bit to stiff to work, but we'll find out. IT was cheap for alot of it. I didnt think the white would look good on my pearly, its not as brilliant as it use to be.
Got my spoiler light hooked up today. Going wiht Greg's (svxboy) Instructions i just hooked it up before the brake light relay, otherwise it will not work due to some kind of voltage sensor/regulater. I recamned this wing to anybody, i have mine mounted at about stock settings, but may bondo the holes and move it all the way to the back of the trunk lid...(i know, more holes, im undecided if it would be a good choice or not) Heres a picture of my spoiler set where it is, tell me if you think it really would look that much better if i mounted it back.
later,
phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled-1 copy.jpg (68.6 KB, 259 views)