Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Black '93 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Jon Neely Send a message via MSN to Jon Neely Send a message via Yahoo to Jon Neely
Sad Day for my SVX :(

Hello all, I know I am rarely on this forum, sorry, but I have had my SVX for nearly two years now, and I love it, The other day when driving home on my grade, I lost my 4th gear, Seeing that now I have up to 3erd, I feel i have lost the clutch all the way... when in Drive it only has 1st. So when I got home I dropped the pan on the Tranny just to find it full of metal... no good, So after getting some estimates on how much a rebuild is, and how much I have to spend being a starving Film student, I find my self almost deciding to just sell the car for parts and move on, It has 175,000 miles on it, but still runs true, leaks some PS fluid, but not too bad... I want to know if I should sell it for parts, or is there some special formula to get a cheap tranny rebuild? The car runs soooo good, and is such a champ in the winter snow, I would hate to see it go, plus I just got the darn thing smoged! Any info would be great, also I I do end up selling for parts, how much should I let the whole thing go for? $1000? $1500? or is better selling it in individual parts?

Thanks,

Jon