Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale

Old 12-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered Abuser

My 92 black is up for sale

Location of the SVX: Beaverton, OR

Year: 1992

Model: Subaru SVX

VIN: JF1CX3539NH103851

TITLE IS RECONSTRUCTED

Manufacture date: 7/91

Paint Color: Black (repainted)

Interior Color: Grey

Miles: 185K, odometer shows 122K because I just replaced the faulty speedo with a new combination meter

Options: LS-L

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: 93 Legacy AWD trans and rear diff 3.90 final drive with the VLSD carrier

Major service: New brake rotors and pads < 2K

Engine Condition: Very good, but has minor intermittent lifter tick.

Maintenance Records: none

Transmission condition: fully functional, but should have an Ecutune TCU be perfect(Michael offered to make me a one-off for the 3.90)

Glass condition: windshield has crack a couple inches over hood line(not in view), all other glass is perfect with no aftermarket tint

Type of tire and remaining tread: Conti Extreme 235/40 18 all four the same at 60-65%

Type of wheels: 07 Maxima 18x7.5 40 offset

Interior condition: Better than most of this mileage, leather is very good, just a seam opening on the outside of each front seat near the top, no rips/damage otherwise

Body condition: PERFECT (that's probably keeping me from parting it out)
no
Known defects or problems: gas gauge, EGR 34 code after warm (usually), shift lock interface(have to depress shifter release to shift out of P(usually))

Comments about the car: Everything else works like AC and sunroof. I've done the 15 min mod with great results, also the 20 min mod from Tom(not installed)

Asking price: $1900

photos are here: http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4219603684.html

It's going to be awhile before I can drive this car again without pain. I pulled my groin muscles shortly after buying this car and getting in and out of it is killing me. Wish I could save it for later, but I can't afford to. I'm very happy with my Previa right now. I have to climb up to get into it. I'll heal eventually, but I also need to get something with better MPG for the moment.

Last edited by elninoalex; 12-02-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered Abuser

Re: My 92 black is up for sale

Note: I peeled the white plasti-crap off the rims revealing the nice silver OEM paint. After 5 coats of white and 5 more of clear, I was only able to wash them once. Black is a better choice.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 PM
<<<Alcyone

Say it isn't so, why couldn't you have posted this 10 days ago . . . ? I know, you weren't injured then.

I needed a backup to drive and just picked up a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer last monday.

I would have preferred your SVX, I have a set of mounted studded tires ready to bolt on to it.

Good Luck,
Dan, your kinda sorta neighbor from the other side of Portland.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil View Post
Say it isn't so, why couldn't you have posted this 10 days ago . . . ? I know, you weren't injured then.

I needed a backup to drive and just picked up a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer last monday.

I would have preferred your SVX, I have a set of mounted studded tires ready to bolt on to it.

Good Luck,
Dan, your kinda sorta neighbor from the other side of Portland.
Aw bummer. I would have loved for it to go to someone on here.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered Abuser

I'll probably give it the month and then part it out. Did I mention that I am interested in part trades of older Subarus OR high-mpg econoboxes of LESSER manufacturers?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Why would you part out a car with a perfect body and good engine and tranny?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoalex View Post
I'll probably give it the month and then part it out. Did I mention that I am interested in part trades of older Subarus OR high-mpg econoboxes of LESSER manufacturers?
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - Hold out as long as you can.

If you still have it in May or June, I think I'll be able to take it off your hands.

Dan
Old 12-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Why would you part out a car with a perfect body and good engine and tranny?
That is a fair question. The answer is: because no one as yet wants it as a whole. I have to come up with money by the end of the month or I am going to be screwed. I am making it as easy as I can to purchase by offering to accept practically any cosmetically-challenged econobox as part trade. I've owned well over 40 Subarus and 5 SVXs and I love Subaru as much as any one and wouldn't feel particularly good about taking another one off the road. But the reality is that I can't drive it much for my pain, and I need some cash by the end of the month. I swear it has to be the best looking car that runs for under $2000 that i've seen....

I do have an offer to buy the body(and title) if i start to part it out.

Having said all that, I hope to work a trade tomorrow for a Mazda 323 plus cash.

Steve
Old 12-11-2013, 05:18 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

That's good news. It would sell in a heartbeat on the east coast.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Registered Abuser

More good news: Sold it in one piece. Well, I got a 89 323 as part trade. Should be at least double the mpg and doesn't cripple me getting in and out. Should be a Merry Christmas. Even though for the first time in quite some time I find myself without a Subaru. I'm trying to enlist the new owner to sign up here. SVX ownership is much easier with help from this site. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE HERE. YOU ROCK!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-13-2013, 11:32 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Congratulations! Another one saved.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Congratulations! Another one saved.

Well, I hope so. But I'm not so sure. The new owner called me a couple days after buying it and said he ran it up a hill too fast in too low a gear and the trans was smoking and the car was hesitating afterward. He told he had a quote for $300 from picknpull for the entire car. UUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I couldn't believe that he just traded me his car and $800 for my SVX and was ready to just write it off in two days. That car was worth BANK in parts. I begged him to bring it back so I can see if there is a problem with the trans or tc and he said he would, but never did. I told him if he brought me a part that we could knock it out in a day and he sounded very happy to hear that. I hope the issue was just temporary and went away. Obvisouly, it was running fine when he test drove it. Hopefully, it's still in one piece.

The good news is that my legs have almost completely healed. I have to sit down in the car basically side-saddle and pivot on my ass with my knees pinned together to get my knees under the steering wheel. My problem is that I deliver pizzas so on a work night, I'm in and out of the car 30 or 40 times.

No more coupes for me. Next project will likely be a 60s VW Bug with an EJ22. Maybe throw a captain's chair in there for the driver's seat. HAHAHA

Steve
Old 02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered Abuser

Looks like it has changed hands again and is back up for sale for $1500 in portland craigslist. Still in one piece at least.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoalex View Post
Looks like it has changed hands again and is back up for sale for $1500 in portland craigslist. Still in one piece at least.
It must have sold already, I can't find it . . .

Dan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: