Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Several of you are saying that this was provoked because of the capture of the 2 Israelis. While you are justifying their actions, you fail to see the overall picture. They captured TWO soldiers, and now Israel has killed 141 (at last I saw), mostly innocents and children.

What makes one life worth more than another? We are all just 23 pairs of chromosomes. An Israeli life is worth no more than a Lebanese, an American is worth no more than an Iraqi, a Catholic no more than a Protestant, a white no more than a black, a rich no more than a poor.

I guess what I'm pretty much trying to say is...WAR IS STUPID...

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-17-2006, 10:54 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Several of you are saying that this was provoked because of the capture of the 2 Israelis. While you are justifying their actions, you fail to see the overall picture. They captured TWO soldiers, and now Israel has killed 141 (at last I saw), mostly innocents and children.

What makes one life worth more than another? We are all just 23 pairs of chromosomes. An Israeli life is worth no more than a Lebanese, an American is worth no more than an Iraqi, a Catholic no more than a Protestant, a white no more than a black, a rich no more than a poor.

There ya go....good post steve.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Maybe You Are Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo

Maybe you are the one that is ill informed, naive or simply blind to the real situation. NO---it was not [B]ONLY [B]the capture of 2 Israeli soldiers that started the IDF retaliation. For openers it was a cross border attack killing 8 and capturing the 2. This is AFTER years of repeated rockets launched into Israeli settlements frequently killing women and children AND not to mention periodic suicide attacks killing innocents. Additional, a very open and continuous THREAT by the Hamas and Hezballoh to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH".

If your family was under constant threat and members had been injured and maybe even killed in your own yard----wouldn't you retaliate if there was a serious attack on your family in your own home. And don't tell me you would let the law handle it because the law does not apply in this case.

I will definitely agree that war is stupid in this case----HAMAS AND HEZBALLOH WERE STUPID TO START IT.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-17-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:18 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Maybe you are the one that is ill informed, naive or simply blind to the real situation. NO---it was not [B]ONLY /B]the capture of 2 Israeli soldiers that started the IDF retaliation. For openers it was a cross border attack killing 8 and capturing the 2. This is AFTER years of repeated rockets launched into Israeli settlements frequently killing women and children AND not to mention periodic suicide attacks killing innocents. Additional, a very open and continuous THREAT by the Hamas and Hezballoh to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH".

If your family was under constant threat and members had been injured and maybe even killed in your own yard----wouldn't you retaliate if there was a serious attack on your family in your own home. And don't tell me you would let the law handle it because the law does not apply in this case.

I will definitely agree that war is stupid in this case----HAMAS AND HEZBALLOH WERE STUPID TO START IT.

Lee
:sigh: I'm afraid you've missed the point almost entirely

In any case, best wishes to you Danny, keep your head up stay safe

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM

Arabs aparently don't care about their children and are more than happy to dress them in explosives and see how many jews they can take with them. How do you defend against that?

I don't think this is about David's land or who boinked the maid 2000 years ago. It's really about Israel simply not knowing what else to do.

Yes, killing 100s of people in revenge for 2 is nuts. But guess what, Israel tried that eye-for-an-eye approach. It has not worked for the last 10 years. Maybe doing real damage will convince Lebanon (and Syria) they harboring these guys is not going to get them anywhere.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
We are expecting that from Israel. Really!!! the Jews never care about the Arabs lives, they are like NAZIs, they think that they are Abraham's decendents and the Arabs and Palestinians are also his offspring but not a pure one because it is from his entercourse with the maid... So their race is the purest and Arabs are garbage. I say again, Lebanon's problems started with the Palestinian invasion, I hate them to death, but in the same time, one cannot ignore that they are being hunted down like animals and driven out of their houses... isn't it considered TERRORISM??? US is covering them in the UN meetings by using the Veto power for everything against Israel... I think the US backed the wrong horse on this one... this is why you had 9/11 over there
Even though the UN council asks Israel not to invade Lebanese space and many more illegal acts, they just do not listen and do what they like.
Danny,

You probably don't know this already, or you would have used a different word. Calling a Jew a Nazi is not only one of the most inflamatory things a person could do, it's also one of the most insulting.

Hitler and the boys rounded up millions of Jews (and Cathloics, and Gypsies, etc) from every country in Europe. They put them into slave-labor camps, conducted medical experiments on them, and killed as many as he could. They were not just lined up a shot either. Jews were starved, beaten, burned alive in ovens, forced to kill their relatives, gassed, any form of torture you can think of. There is probably not a single Jewish family now who does not have a relative that did not experience some form of Nazi persecution.

This happened under the noses of the rest of the world, and no other country did anything about it (including the US - we even denied sanctuary to a boatload of Jewish refugees, dooming most of them to death).

There certainly have been wars, assasinations, thefts, injustices, insults, etc, etc, purpotrated by Jews on Arabs. Yes, the Palestinians have problably gotten the short end of the stick and deserve better. However, there is absoutely nothing that any Jew has ever done to any other human being, before or since, that is even remotely similar to what Hitler did.

Yes, many of the people in Israel are arrogrant pricks. They do think they are better than everyone else, and are not afraid to say so. But they don't go around rounding people up and starving them to death. You don't have to like Jews (especially Israelies), but don't shoot your mouth off comparing anyone to the Nazis. That's just silly.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Not to say Israel didn't suffer civilian casualities during the same time but...

ISRAEL IN LEBANON
March 1978: Israel invades to stop Palestinian attacks

1982: Full-scale invasion; Israel occupies Beirut; pro-Israel militias massacre Palestinian refugees

May 1983: Israel pulls back, but keeps "security zone"

February 1992: Israeli air strike kills Hezbollah leader

1996: Israel launches "Grapes of Wrath" raids on Hezbollah; 100 civilians die under Israeli shelling of UN base at Qana

May 2000: Israel withdraws troops from Lebanon

January 2004: Prisoners-bodies swap agreed between Hezbollah and Israel
Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 PM

OH NO3S!!! El Presidant said "Sheet!"

I'm now le tired.

oh yeah, best quote so far:

Israel's chief of staff, Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, told Israel's Channel 10, "If the soldiers are not returned, we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years."
--from a CNN article.

That's one way to bring back the 80's huh?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
SVX Appeal

If suddenly everyone became atheists, this struggle would be over tomorrow.

It's nice to see people [on the forum] discussing this in a civil manner. There seems to be so many opinions and taking positions. That's the way these wars begin. Very rarely does a conflict result from only one antagonist. I believe that if it were somehow possible to analyze the situation objectively, we'd find all parties to be approximately equally in the wrong. It takes two to fight.

I'm sure Danny has spent a lot more time contemplating this situation than the rest of us, and with a lot more firsthand knowledge. It's interesting to hear what he has to say.

Hang in there Danny.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Maybe you are the one that is ill informed, naive or simply blind to the real situation. NO---it was not [B]ONLY [B]the capture of 2 Israeli soldiers that started the IDF retaliation. For openers it was a cross border attack killing 8 and capturing the 2. This is AFTER years of repeated rockets launched into Israeli settlements frequently killing women and children AND not to mention periodic suicide attacks killing innocents. Additional, a very open and continuous THREAT by the Hamas and Hezballoh to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH".

Lee

Come on everyone! You know the words... Sing along!!

All Lee is assssskkk-kinnnng.... is give war a chance.

(I can just see that little ball bouncing from word to word.)

All Lee is asssskkk-innnnng is give war a chance.

Seriously though. My vote has to go with Lee on this one. Hizbollah really miscalculated on this attack. It was unprovoked. Israel was staying on their side of the border playing nice this time.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Little Israeli girls write messages for soon to be killed civilians

Alright ... got the shells all decorated nice for the Lebanese kids about to have their skin burned from their bones

Fire in the hole

Result in Lebanon

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing"

Got this through a Myspace buletin...
Old 07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Israel is not the only nation that accessorizes their armaments.

But yes it is deplorable and wrongful to brainwash kids about nationalism and such but lets check out what your averge Palestinian youth may encounter.

And I bet you the source you got your pics from is as blatantly biased as the sites I got my pics from. The fact is all nations in the middle and even in the western world depending on the family may fill their offspring with genocentric jargan.

So since Israel is evil who are the good ones doing nothing and are they that pias by doing nothing?

Last edited by Weebitob; 07-17-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 PM

I know you guys think I'm sick, but those pictures are awesome.

The kids writing on the missles and such. Kids wielding guns and turbans. Thanx for the pics.

From Danielle. :P I wonder if teh Lebanese can reed teh He-Brew

Last edited by Noir; 07-17-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Wake Up!!!!!

"AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!

That's what we think we heard on the 11th of September 2001 (When more than 3,000 Americans were killed -AD) and maybe it was, but I think it should have been "Get Out of Bed!" In fact, I think the alarm clock has been buzzing since 1979 and we have continued to hit the snooze button and roll over for a few more minutes of peaceful sleep since then.

It was a cool fall day in November 1979 in a country going through a religious and political upheaval when a group of Iranian students attacked and seized the American Embassy in Tehran. This seizure was an outright attack on American soil; it was an attack that held the world's most powerful country hostage and paralyzed a Presidency. The attack on this sovereign U. S. embassy set the stage for events to follow for the next 25 years. America was still reeling from the aftermath of the Vietnam experience and had a serious threat from the Soviet Union when then, President Carter, had to do something. He chose to conduct a clandestine raid in the desert. The ill-fated mission ended in ruin, but stood as a symbol of America's inability to deal with terrorism.

America's military had been decimated and down sized/right sized since the end of the Vietnam War. A poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly organized military was called on to execute a complex mission that was doomed from the start.

Shortly after the Tehran experience, Americans began to be kidnapped and killed throughout the Middle East. America could do little to protect her citizens living and working abroad. The attacks against US soil continued.

In April of 1983 a large vehicle packed with high explosives was driven into the US Embassy compound in Beirut When it explodes, it kills 63 people. The alarm went off again and America hit the Snooze Button once more.

Then just six short months later in 1983 a large truck heavily laden down with over 2500 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US Marine Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed. America mourns her dead and hit the Snooze Button once more.

Two months later in December 1983, another truck loaded with explosives is driven into the US Embassy in Kuwait, and America continues her slumber.

The following year, in September 1984, another van was driven into the gate of the US Embassy in Beirut and America slept.

Soon the terrorism spreads to Europe. In April 1985 a bomb explodes in a restaurant frequented by US soldiers in Madrid.

Then in August 1985 a Volkswagen loaded with explosives is driven into the main gate of the US Air Force Base at Rhein-Main, 22 are killed and the snooze alarm is buzzing louder and louder as US interests are continually attacked.

Fifty-nine days later in 1985 a cruise ship, the Achille Lauro is hijacked and we watched as an American in a wheelchair is singled out of the passenger list and executed.

The terrorists then shift their tactics to bombing civilian airliners when they bomb TWA Flight 840 in April of 1986 that killed 4 and the most tragic bombing, Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in1988, killing 259.

Clinton treated these terrorist acts as crimes; in fact we are still trying to bring these people to trial. These are acts of war.

The wake up alarm is getting louder and louder.

The terrorists decide to bring the fight to America. In January 1993, two CIA agents are shot and killed as they enter CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

The following month, February 1993 , a group of terrorists are arrested after a rented van packed with explosives is driven into the underground parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York City. Six people are killed and over 1000 are injured. Still this is a crime and not an act of war?

The Snooze alarm is depressed again.

Then in November 1995 a car bomb explodes at a US military complex in Riyadh Saudi Arabia killing seven service men and women.

A few months later in June of 1996, another truck bomb explodes only 35 yards from the US military compound in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It destroys the Khobar Towers, a US Air Force barracks, killing 19 and injuring over 500. The terrorists are getting braver and smarter as they see that America does not respond decisively.

They move to coordinate their attacks in a simultaneous attack on two US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.. These attacks were planned with precision. They kill 224. America responds with cruise missile attacks and goes back to sleep.

The USS Cole was docked in the port of Aden, Yemen for refueling on 12 October 2000 , when a small craft pulled along side the ship and exploded killing 17 US Navy Sailors. Attacking a US War Ship is an act of war, but we sent the FBI to investigate the crime and went back to sleep.

And of course you know the events of 11 September 2001. Most Americans think this was the first attack against US soil or in America. How wrong they are. America has been under a constant attack since 1979 and we chose to hit the snooze alarm and roll over and go back to sleep.

In the news lately we have seen lots of finger pointing from very high officials in government over what they knew and what they didn't know. But if you've read the papers and paid a little attention I think you can see exactly what they knew. You don't have to be in the FBI or CIA or on the National Security Council to see the pattern that has been developing since 1979.

I think we have been in a war for the past 25 years and it will continue until we as a people decide enough is enough. America needs to "Get out of Bed" and act decisively now. America has been changed forever.. We have to be ready to pay the price and make the sacrifice to ensure our way of life continues. We cannot afford to keep hitting the snooze button again and again and roll over and go back to sleep.

After the attack on Pearl Harbor, Admiral Yamamoto said "... it seems all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant." This is the message we need to disseminate to terrorists around the world.

This is not a political thing to be hashed over in an election year this is an AMERICAN thing. This is about our Freedom and the Freedom of our children in years to come.

If you believe in this please forward it to as many people as you can especially to the young people and all those who dozed off in history class and who seem so quick to protest such a necessary military action. If you don't believe it, just delete it and go back to sleep."

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-17-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:56 AM

Quote:
"AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!
If you don't believe it, just delete it and go back to sleep."

Lee
Yay, another chain email!!

You're right Lee, we should dish out some good ole 're-education'. Nothing like 're-educating' all those backward Arabs. If that doesn't work, I say we turn the Middle East into one big piece of glass.

People seem to have forgotten Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let's remind them what we're capable of.

+1 Re-education and/or Destruction of the Middle East.

Who's with me?