Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-02-2003, 06:02 PM

Axles

Are the front axles an svx only part or do the legacy axles fit as well. The legacy axles are more readilly available. It's time for front axles and struts on my car.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
As far as I can tell they are SVX only. If you check out the part number: 28021PA061 the PA indicates SVX specific.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:04 PM

I called a shop in Maine today that deals strictly in service and sales of used Subarus. they didn't know if they could get rebuilt axles or not. they checked with their supplier and they are available. 99$ apeice. I'll have both done at the same time since they are shot from wear verses damage from a torn boot. they have close to 240'000 miles on them. struts are next on the list. then tires and brakes.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
240,000??

They must have been replaced at least twice previous!!
Old 04-04-2003, 07:43 PM

Maybe once buy the first owner. they put a rebuilt trans in at 120'000 miles. Had all work done at dealer as far as I could tell by the paperwork. The dealer in NH had all the records and nothing to indicate that they were changed. the miles are 90% highway straight line driving. I've owned the car since AUG 2001. It had 150'000 miles when I bought it. I'll also be changing both front ball joints as they are a little loose.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Porter

The Legacy and Impreza front axles are both VERY similar to the SVX units... so similar that they're hard to tell apart, other than a difference in total compressed length of about 1/8th of an inch.

I'd still stay with the SVX units if possible... it's russian roulette otherwise. I bought new ones from Subaru.