Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-24-2003, 07:00 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Exclamation SVX ran from my Jeep!!!! Who was it?!?!?!

This happened last night at about 7:00pm in Beaufort, SC.

Ever since I moved doen here I have seen a black and white SVX that drives around down here. We've passed each other every now and then and waved at eachother. But it has been about 6 months since I had seen it. About the time that I put my car in storage was the last time that I had seen it. Anyway last night I was driving back from Parris Island going to the Air Station when it passed me on the road going the other way.... Ever seen a Jeep Cherokee up on two wheels??? Well I wipped my Cherokee around so fast and ran over one of the orange construction barrels in the process. I hauled as much ass as a little 2.5 Ltr. 4 cylinder Jeep could haul to try and catch up with him.. Well I got up with him, pulled along side and was motioning to roll down his window and pull over or something. I wanted to meet him finally and invite him to join the network. Well I think that he thought that I was flicking him off or something ( it was dark) because he pulled ahead and turned off the main road. I wasn't about to let him get away that easy so I cut accross two lanes and followed him. At this point I think that I must have scared him or something because he just steped on it and shot away down the road. As soon as I saw this I started to work my shifting magic (Power shifting, Double clutching) to try and keep up. but there was no way that my little 4 banger jeep was keeping up with an awesome high speed cruiser... That didn't stop me from trying though. I chased him down these back roads for about 5 min. but finally gave up when he dissapeared on a long straight road.

I guess the whole reason for this little story is to ask if anyone knows someone in Beaufort or near that area in SC that drives a white and black SVX I'd love to know who it is to meet them. If anyone has any stories like this poast them on here for us to read.... Even though it did my jeep no good to treat it like I did for that 5-6 minutes that I was chasing that SVX, It was still a rush and kinda funny... That's an image, ... Me laughing at the situation that I am in as I'm doing about 85mph in a Jeep cherokee down back roads. Even though I didn't catch him I really had fun..... sorry for the length, the first thing that I thought after I gave up chasing was "Man I wish the Forum could have seen this!!"

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Green1995SVX

Ummmm.. Wow. heh.

Mike
Old 01-24-2003, 08:44 AM

Talking

yea it was fun... But kinda anoying 'cause all I wanted to do was to meet another SVXer

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

It is better to do it like Don and stalk them, then once they get out of the car chase them down on foot...

Where is Don, it is a snow day he should be here hummmm
Old 01-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
yea it was fun... But kinda anoying 'cause all I wanted to do was to meet another SVXer
If I saw another car, at night, pulling up on my back bumper, at a high rate of speed, I'd floor it and try to get away too. In fact, I did that one night. The car came screaming up on my back bumper, so, I punched it. A couple of moments later, I saw these pretty blue lights in my rearview. He just happened to be a Kentucky State Trooper.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
<Where is Don, it is a snow day he should be here hummmm>

I'm here.....lurk, lurk, lurk.... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Chaste, but unbowed.

Hey Lurkio,

Been to the Senate lately?

I thought it was the black 'n' whites that did the chasing in all the old movies?

Moral of the story? If you want to stop SVX drivers at night, especially when not driving another SVX, get one of those blue flashing light thingies. It will only go wrong if you stop a policeman owner. You can always plead insanity. We will forward this story to the police station as corroboration.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-24-2003, 11:40 AM

not a bad idea....

That's a good Idea. As far as I know him and I are the onle owners in Beaufort. He can't run forever. sometime soon I'll get him and then when he shows up at a meet and tells everyone how he got inducted into the club and the "crazy" marine that chased him down in a Jeep Cherokee we'll all have a good laugh... I'd love to know what he was thinking when he was running from me.......

Old 01-24-2003, 12:13 PM

i woulda ran from you too. i have had strange males chase me, especially on the highway. they usually drive Neons, so i can out run them with no problem. people constantly want to race me and pull up next to me at a stop light and eye my car up and down....they look at me and wink and heck, i flip them the bird. don't size up my car....just sit back and enjoy the view of my bumper, liscence plate, and spoiler. *DUSTED*

anyways, i also found the best time to catch up to a subie driver is to find one that is parked then waiting for the driver, i did that once, the guy turn out to be a real um...excuse the language...PPPOOOOOPPPPPPIIIEE HEAD. either that, or just drive up to their house and knock on their door...i did that too, but, um, well, i knew that one...

Kelli

i hate to be sounding like a mommy at my age, but please be careful when you decide to drive like that...there are deer lurking everywhere....Venephobic here...lol
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:08 PM

Cool Neon things!!

You know you should tell that whole Neon story to $VX. He likes to talk about Neon's all the time since he was an owner. He used to compare them to SVX's!!! can you believe that... What a retard!

Aern't you the girl that has a 5-speed in her SVX???

And yea you do kinda sound like a mom... how old are ya??

Old 01-24-2003, 01:12 PM

Re: Neon things!!

Quote:
You know you should tell that whole Neon story to $VX. He likes to talk about Neon's all the time since he was an owner. He used to compare them to SVX's!!! can you believe that... What a retard!

Aern't you the girl that has a 5-speed in her SVX???

And yea you do kinda sound like a mom... how old are ya??
i don't think cash is going to be around much anymore.

i don't like the word.."retard"...that is not nice at all. my sister has severe autism and people tend to call her that all the time...kinda makes me want to break some noses...not to mention hit them with a semi.

i don't have a 5-speed, but i would love to have one... anyone wanna donate to a poor college student?

i am going to be 21 in almost 18 days, WAYYYYY to young to be a mommy. heck i think 30 is too young to be a mommy...lol kids are cute as heck, as long as they go home with someone else!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:09 PM

???

Why where is crash?!?!? did he finally take my advice and join a Neon Forum???

Sorry about the whole Retard bit. I wouldn't have said it if I knew about your sister... I'm not blatently mean... so sorry.

Hey that's cool your as old as I am. well, I was just wondering. See ya later.

Old 01-24-2003, 02:11 PM

Re: ???

Quote:
Why where is crash?!?!? did he finally take my advice and join a Neon Forum???

Sorry about the whole Retard bit. I wouldn't have said it if I knew about your sister... I'm not blatently mean... so sorry.

Hey that's cool your as old as I am. well, I was just wondering. See ya later.
acutally i am OLDER then you

Kelli

ps, it is okay, you didn't know
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 01-24-2003, 04:12 PM

Cool

Whatever!.....