Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-21-2001, 05:08 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
weekend at the track

Well, I was not planing on being able to race this year due to job situation. But it seems after one club race and one import challenge missed, some of my team mates miss my attendance. I just happened to pick up support and got sponsored for this last weekends import survival series. Car ran its fastest time to date at this altitude and was VERY consistent. (had to pull the fan relays again) I made it all the way to the finals when I blew it, not my car. I slept at the light. My car still ran its dial, but because my opponent left on a .597 light and my dozing reaction time was a WHOPPING 1.021 I lost on the top end. He wasnt even close to his dial and I was right on, but I blew it at the tree. This was my worst ever reaction time, but I assure you it wil be the last! Anyways, car ran perfectly and INCREDIBLY close to its dial every time. My fastest specs were 16.341 @ 85.86mph. I ended last year 7th overall in Import and 5th overall in Club Challenge. I have been sponsored for running the rest of club series and my next race is June 1st. I am down one race in each of the series but if I run as strong as last year, I still have quite a chance. Wish me luck, I am representing us SVXs (and Subarus in general) out there against every muscle car and riced out Honda known to man. I will have to borrow a cam-corder just to show you how much of a threat I pose out at Firebird. When they call my class to the lanes, I pull in and NO ONE will pull next to me until track officials start to get involved. Its like I have the plague! But then again.... look at my dials and actual times and you will see why.

Dial 16.38 Actual 16.388 diff 0.008
Dial 16.33 Actual 16.341 diff 0.011
Dial 16.31 Actual 16.352 diff 0.042
Dial 16.40 Actual 16.444 diff 0.044
(time slip scans on the way)

Again wish me luck.... and Happy racing to all you other SVX and Subaru racers out there.

Chris

PS -- Aredubjay, could you email me scans of the scematics for the fan relays? I need to make an over-ride system

Last edited by Chris; 05-21-2001 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2001, 06:19 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Times

Chris

As an un-initiate of drag racing, I can not believe your figures. Such consistency means either you know somebody, or you are really good and like doing it. Keep it up, have not seen something this good in years
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-22-2001, 12:05 AM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
Time slips as promised

Well, after looking through times of PRO 1/4 mile bracket racers, I see why I am considered the plague. Yes, my times are real... and yes I enjoy racing. I have raced bracket before, but consitency was much less with my carburated, rear wheel drive, speed demon. I know I am not as fast as the other muscle cars out there, but I am more classy (IMHO). Also there is nothing more exciting than watching Mr. Big unload his 13 second ________ (fill in the blank muscle car.. mustang/camero/corvette/etc) from the trailer, talk trash, show off for all his buddies and get beaten first round by a 16 second Subaru. Then all his buddies jab him and laugh while he has to put it back on the trailer he pulled it in on and head home early in shame. Dont get me wrong. I am not a poor winner or looser. I wish everyone well and I congragulate people that beat me and I offer the loser commendations to a great race and the posibiliy of whoopping me next time. Honestly, most of the racers at the track are very good sportsman. The poor sports I am seeing more often at the track is the Television Rice Boy Import racers. These guys are sometimes downright rude. Not all mind you, but there are a bunch of trash talking Civics and Accuras at the track where I race. Sadly enough they come out only for Import races and really dont participate in any other events at the track. In my hunble opinion I think its all Image. They have a bunch to learn about Image especially from the "tagline" of Sprite. Image is NOTHING! Ok.. enough rambling. Attatched is an image of my time slips from last Friday.

Chris
SVX (Car number 850)
ps -- #555 was unavailible
Attached Images
File Type: gif tslips.gif (242.2 KB, 149 views)
Old 05-22-2001, 09:21 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

<<PS -- Aredubjay, could you email me scans of the scematics for the fan relays? I need to make an over-ride system>>

Chris, congrats on some fine numbers. I'll check out the schematics tonight when I get home and try to scan them. Good luck at the track this season. You're doin' us proud.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-22-2001, 04:08 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Time slips as promised

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
is NOTHING! Ok.. enough rambling. Attatched is an image of my time slips from last Friday.

Chris
SVX (Car number 850)
ps -- #555 was unavailible
Chris,

It is good to see the slips, but I am sure no-one here doubted your word. Good work!!

I empathise about the Civic driver syndrome. Over here, we get a lot of these tarted up motors with young bloods at the wheel. Wrong to generalise, but they can be hard to take.

Also, and this may upset some Subie fans, we have a blight of WRX types here also. These cars are the weapon of choice for the testosterone clique. I know the cars are new to the States, and some SVX people are going over to them, but I would not drive one because of the image problem here.

They are mostly driven by yoofs with bald hairstyles wearing a baseball cap backwards. Oh, and they are stone deaf judgeing by the amount of music they pump out the windows, in case you don't hear them coming three blocks away. No thank you, I would sooner drive an Edsel or a Cortina, rather than be thought of as some old git trying to "rise " his image.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-22-2001, 09:22 PM
Hitchhikin'

Yeah, Subarus used to have the quirky middle-aged couple as their main crowd here, specially with the outbacks, etc. , but their introduction of the 2.5RS, and now, the WRX, are bringing the "sport compact" crowd, as I call them, into the fold. Subarus are becoming popular, because of the turbo appeal, and AWD, in a low-cost package.

Even though I have an SVX, I identify quite a bit with that crowd, as you can tell by the mods to my car (2 10" subwoofers, carbon fiber hood, nitrous). Sure, I may not look like the bald kid with the baseball cap, but a lot of the sport compact crowd is made up of young Asians as well. And my testosterone has cost me plenty of moola in tickets. Personally, I would love having a WRX, just for pure speed, but i love the SVX's grand touring ability as well, even though I'm trying as hard as I can to eliminate my SVX's luxury feel (Next mod, once the monetary account has filled back up, is the koni's + Ground Controls )

Anyways, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, coming from a riceboy with an SVX.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:54 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
bin a while

Wow, its been a while since ive stopped in. The CF hoods look great! Congrats on the times chris, i dont think you have much to complain about wiht slips like that.
We have more then our fair share of rice boys up here, in theyre DX hondas, lowerd to the ground. That dosnt bother me, i jsut cant stand the cherry bomb deal. The, WAAAAAAHHHHHHHGKGKGKGKGG" they put out just annoys the hell out of me, espeically when they revv up by 6 or 7k. dont they know that the $800 intake exhuast/header sytem only free's up 8hp, so youd think a nice lil hiflow resinator wouldnt hurt much. But oh well, to each their own.
The eclipse is running great. Its much faster then i had thought, the spark plugs they had installed were the incorrect heat range, and when i got them replaced wiht the platinum NGK +4's, all i can say is wow. I dont beat on it often, but lets just say you know you have a pocket rocket when the car gets to 60 miles an hour in second gear at 5000rpm straight from the factory. I havnt done anything to the car, not even a stereo. But we will see, i did order a boost guage this weekend, so in a couple of months all of yall will be calling me the "ex SVX boost Junkie" If all goes well wiht my saving for the turbo Downpipe and IC piping, ill be dialing in at about 14.4 by the end of the summer Well ill keep in touch, keep on pimpin it
later,
phil
Old 05-23-2001, 02:51 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Loud and proud

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92

Anyways, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, coming from a riceboy with an SVX.
Ignore my rant Red, I'm just showing my age here! WRX's are sought after cars with thieves, joy riders, and are much prized as getaway vehicles by bank robbers. So their ability should not be in doubt.

They have also got major street cred with the rally crowd, although the latest one with the silly frog's eye lights has lost the aggessive snout and Subaru are marketing the cars with women in mind. This last is probably a defense line against the sort of bias I'm showing. They need to move towards the Audi and BMW market, and the young urban professionals who drive these would not be seen dead in a boy-racer car like the WRX {what do you guys call them, rice boys?}, and neither would I for slightly different reasons.

And as for the decibel punishment issue!! I see your lips move, but I don't hear what you are saying!!

Cheers

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl