Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Financing would be tough due to the fact that a bank will not want to give a car loan of 15k for a car that kbb's at 2500.- The three of you will probably have to set up a payment plan from your buyers that will circumvent using a bank.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-10-2007, 02:48 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
thats why banks offer personal loans... or there might jsut be a cookie jar with something saved up for a rainy day
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 11-10-2007, 02:56 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
crazy jokers!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 11-10-2007, 06:08 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Great idea for cars like the Buick Grand National, Later modelled Chevy Impalla SS (The ones shaped like the caprice).

and classic cars.

The SVX? Like what was said earlier...it will be hard for some people to buy it for the amount of $$ and time put into it. I don't think it will be worth it.

Now rebuilding the trannys at a competitive price could be ok. I really can't think of anything else. You never know though. Ideas like this can get shot down by many until someone follows through with it and makes a fortune.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 11-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Old Guy

Tom, I might be interested but there is a nagging issue that causes me to hesitate....electrical components. In my opinion, the SVX was "underwired" from the start, needing a more substantial wiring harness and components. How would you propose to address these issues in your refurbished SVX? I think you have a great idea going, so don't lose it. Continue to work on it, refine it and give it a go. As others have suggested, you might produce a more appealing car using a standard transmission. That in itself gets rid of one of the potential component failures (a major one, by the way). Best wishes and keep us posted on your plans. Best wishes.
Preston
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
thanks for the input but they are as I figured. No one really wants a stock svx anymore. Everything would need to be changed.

Tom
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 AM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
It's not that everybody doesn't want a stock SVX, they want what the SVX should've been made with from the factory.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Svx

I think you would have to have someone with a good down payment before you could even conceder doing the first one.. The cost to start would make you go broke... and a lot would not have the wishes of putting 15k into a vehicle that is not a collectors item yet....I would stick to the repair shop business and just fix the one's in need...The demand for SVX is not on the table of of many..Just my 2Cents
Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Tom,
My 2 cents worth -- rebuilt engine, HIDs, upgraded suspension (Mychialo's springs + Konis) to improve the ride quality and "rake" to the car, iPod compatible stereo + new speakers all around, 5 spd, new windshield, upgraded brakes (slotted/dimple drilled rotors), update A/C freon, make sure sunroof works without "assistance", new (non drooping) visors. Body work should be limited to making everything "straight" and addressing any clearcoat issues.

$30-35k and market as a "SVXSpeedShop" XXX model (you figure out what the XXX should be -- definitely not GT, put something that conveys handling, comfort, long distance cruising ....maybe take a page out of BMW's book - "3.3xi"). I think you can go even higher in price, given the clients you attract (think "uniquewhips" and all the other custom shops that are all over the cable networks now...)

You business model can work, you just need to target folks with disposable income who are looking for a unique vehicle. I think there is also a market for $10-15k versions, they'd probably be limited to cleaning up the body, HIDs, 5 spd or 4HEAT with improved valve body, brakes, and 100k or less motors (not rebuilt, just resealed + timing belt).

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Maniac modifier

well this is only one of the ideas for the new shop. Couple things going into planning are below

-Mild turbo kit(stock engine)
-High power turbo kit(built engine)
-Exhaust in a box (bolt on exhaust systems in 2 forms: Quiet and performance) Able to be shipped.
-Woodgrain painting (for all your who want paint matched interior panels)
-ToMyx Intakes
-Refurbished headlights
-Tinted tail lights
-Big Brake kit by Wilwood

This is only the SVX specific stuff, I also plan on doing more work with other Subies. We will also be refurbishing cars that have not had the best lives in order to flip them and make a little extra money on the side. Just a peak in to things available in the future

Tom
Old 11-10-2007, 11:53 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
What we're all forgetting here... is that somewhere, in some long lost & lonely shipping container in Tokyo, there is a 92 Pearlie with 0k on the odometer
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
well this is only one of the ideas for the new shop. Couple things going into planning are below

-Mild turbo kit(stock engine)
-High power turbo kit(built engine)
-Exhaust in a box (bolt on exhaust systems in 2 forms: Quiet and performance) Able to be shipped.
-Woodgrain painting (for all your who want paint matched interior panels)
-ToMyx Intakes
-Refurbished headlights
-Tinted tail lights
-Big Brake kit by Wilwood

This is only the SVX specific stuff, I also plan on doing more work with other Subies. We will also be refurbishing cars that have not had the best lives in order to flip them and make a little extra money on the side. Just a peak in to things available in the future

Tom
+
trans cooler
trans filter
OT HID kits (installed)
sway bar bushings (front and back)
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Those are all things readily available elsewhere. These are services that we can provide no problem. more or less I am talking about parts that people can buy across the country and we can ship them. BTW pics of the shop will be posted in the moving the shop meet thread in an hour or two. ITS HUGE!!!

Tom
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

there sure is

and tom is putting a jdm 4.44 5sp in it with a bunch of goodies for 7400 rpm shifts. make me an offer i cant refuse.yes it has the suede interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze View Post
What we're all forgetting here... is that somewhere, in some long lost & lonely shipping container in Tokyo, there is a 92 Pearlie with 0k on the odometer
Old 11-10-2007, 04:32 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
A few things you may want to add...rack and pinion,a/c compressor, condenser, 4 wheel alignment, all of those nifty little lights behind our beeping buttons and driver information panel.

if you roll the speedometer forward you could just call it 1,000,000 miles eluding a car with zero miles. or just go with a new inst cluster.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click