Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 AM

Registered SVX
How to put pics in your post?(tried searching)

So I tried searching and didn't have any luck. I've done it before by placing photos in my locker and then copying them and sticking them in the post but it doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I noticed that too. Can insert an image from Photobucket but not from my Gallery.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
This is is the NEW PROCEDURE for how it needs to be done: The following directions let me insert a photo from svxash's and bwb3's new gallery locker.

..... In your new gallery locker, Find and open the photo you want to insert into your post.

..... Once the image loads, right-click on the image and go to "Properties"

..... Highlight the Location address under Image Properties, right-click to copy (the address should end in .jpg)

..... Open the Insert Image block in post (its the little yellow square with the mountain)

..... Right-click and paste (or Ctrl +v) the location address into the box.

..... Press OK. The address should appear with the IMG tags at either end.

And that's how it's done!

Different from our old disabled lockers, where you justopened your file, copied the address bar, and pasted it into the insert image block and clicked OK.

The old lockers still work with this method.

TIP: After pasting the photo link into the post, highlight the entire line (including IMG tags) and click the center alignment for type to center the photo. See below from my old locker.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 11-05-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Classic SVX
This needs to be in the how-to sect because I've had trouble with it before also. Thanks for the write up.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Now down to only ONE!

Re: How to put pics in your post?(tried searching)

How can I insert a photo into a post from my hard drive?
96 SVX Lsi #821, Bordeaux Pearl, 4.44 98 Legacy Trans, Trans Resistor Mod, Dakota Digital Trans Temp Gauge on A-Pillar Pod (awesome), B&M Trans Cooler in Driver's Wheel Well, External Spin-on Trans Filter, Synthetic Fluids in Trans and Diffs, 17x7.5 Primax 695 Rims, Alcyone Rear Panel, Svxfiles' 5000 k HIDs, Clear Headlights, "BOXER6" License Plate, Hard Wired Radar Detector, 94 Power Up Window Switch, Motor Resealed, new Coil Packs, new NGK Iridium Plugs, PVC Valve, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Gloss Black Calipers and Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, SS Brake Lines, Superb TomsSVX Cat Back Exhaust... SS Resonator, Flowmaster 80 Muffler, Magnaflow Quad SS Tips, Poly Swaybar Bushings, Endlink Mod, Rear Subframe Bushing Mod. Feels great and sounds even better. Thanks to AWD, LLC.

2003 Outback llb H6 3.0 Titanium Pearl- "BOXERR" Mostly Stock

1995 Bmw 325i Conv. Calypso Red- "RBOXER" Modest Mods

2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec 15' Jet Boat, 1494cc, 1454#, 155 HP= <10#/HP Stock
Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 PM

Registered SVX

Make an account on photobucket, its free.

Then upload your pic to there. (click on the green upload button on the top the page)

when it is done uploading, scroll down and click on your pic.

Then copy the IMG embed code. To the right of the pic.

Then paste that code into your message window here.

I prefer to use outside host like photobucket. Why strain the forum with the picture bandwith? Specially someone like me that posts pics 10 at a time.

If you dont understand i can make you a video how to. but it is pretty strait forward.

I was bored, Here is the video:

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 03-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbsvx View Post
How can I insert a photo into a post from my hard drive?

Once you find the place in your post that you want insert a photo which is stored on your hard drive, click an insertion point.

In the Additional Options block below the text box, click the Manage Attachments button

A new window opens up to let you upload attachment from your computer. Click Browse.

A new window opens where you actually find your photo. When you find it, click Open

Go back to the Manage Attachments screen and click Upload Once it uploads you will see the attachment on that same screen. Right-click on the attachment and scroll down and click on Copy Image Location Then close that window

Now go back to your post and click on the image box (the yellow box with a mountain). Right-click and paste the link location in the box. Now you should see the link location with [IMG] at the beginning and [/IMG] at the end.

Preview your post to make sure it is there. You can go back and add more, using the above method, but only 5 images per post.

Hope this helps.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .