Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Further Motorsport Adventures- Summit Pt

Catching up on my posting. It was a busy summer, 11 track days, not including racing school. Am on the wait-list for Lime Rock Park on Nov. 3, but who knows.

This post documents my weekend at Summit Point Main Course at the end of August. The main course is a 2 mile, 10 turn course with a 2900 ft. main straight. Those with big hp can hit over 150 there, but I'm limited to maybe 120 or so. The course runs clockwise and below is a track map:

A lot of attendees at this meet. In addition to DE people, like myself, they were running NASA half hour sprints for a variety of classes.

Some people travelled in luxury. I paced off this transporter, and it is exactly 70 ft. long (longest allowed for interstate travel) from nose to tail. The rig carried the husband's blue FF Cobra, and the wife's shocking pink 944 Cup. She insisted on running around the race track in a flimsy shocking pink tank top that demonstrated that her surgically augmented charms required no additional bracing.

As a result of the crowd, I only got in three 25 minute sessions each day. But, I got to ride in some interesting cars, including a race prepped 240Z, loud and fast, and a 996 GT3 with R compound slicks that was the fastest thing on the track. The driver, Anita Sangi, is a professional race car driver, having some podium finishes in Rolex Cup, notably Daytona. She was so little, but she was a demon behind the wheel, coaxing every little bit that Porsche had to offer. Totally on the edge, I was white-knuckling the entire 25 minutes I rode with her.

In addition to all the looking and riding, I did do some driving. Not at my best on Friday, very jerky and down on confidence. I hadn't driven at speed since mid July. Saturday was much better. Started to get the feel of the circuit. Good news is that I had no "offs', as I had at my previous Summit Point event. I got squirrelly once just after the short left-hand hairpin. I really like the sequence following that. The sharp right-hander, followed by a wider right-hander then the esses and down the back straight under the bridge. Get that right and it's really like a cross-court top-spin backhand. It makes life worth living. A few more pics.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Looks like a lot of fun. Love the pics.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 10-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
and the wife's shocking pink 944 Cup. She insisted on running around the race track in a flimsy shocking pink tank top that demonstrated that her surgically augmented charms required no additional bracing.
no pics?

sounds like you had a great time!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Not a good idea to post pics. Someone might get pi$$ed off

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

PM me pics then???

You had a great summer of track experiences Dan. That's awesome and I'm jealous!

Todd