Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 03-24-2006, 09:58 AM
It goes fast-that's all I know

Keyless entry

Here's the deal: I bought my 92, Liquid Silver SVX last month minus the keyless entry "doo-hickey" The previous owner had lost it a while back. So, I take the car to the Subaru dealership and pay them cash to order a new one. Once it arrives however, and the subaru service dept. tries to program it, I learn that the module isn't functioning properly or ? - replacement/labor for it would end up costing me somewhere around the $250 price range. I decline to do this, but am out 80 bucks+ for this nifty keychain remote that can't be programmed to my car.

Any takers? OR does anyone know how to troubleshoot the module to confirm it's really dead? I'm suggesting this because the car also has an Alpine Stereo replacing the original one and I think it's shorting out on me from time to time and wonder if the malfunctioning module's wires are possibly tangled in the mess as well or ?
Thanks for any input and if you're interested in keyless entry, drop me a line and make me an offer.
Happy Friday Everybody!
Jeanne
Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
I think I have a module.

Dunno how hard it is to remove/replace. Make an offer on it.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 PM

Amen....
I did the same thing. If anyone has a module i would buy it..... I missed a bid on ebay by a minute.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
It goes fast-that's all I know

Oh... Oh...
You're asking the wrong person about removal/replacement, etc. As I joke in my avatar..."It goes fast. That's all I know". Sigh... I'm trying to learn however! I'll research the module removal stuff over the weekend and will try to get back to you soon. Thanks!
Jeanne
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 AM

Theres a thread on it somewhere... The module is located in the glove. As for wiring or removal I am clueless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: