SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
no cats, glasspack and a flowmaster
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 PM
fl_svx

You have a 5-speed? Sounds like you were takin yer time in the gears, sounds great....hmmmm.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I recorded it back when my tranny was slipping a few years ago. I was shifting manually.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
The most fun I have ever had confusing a ricer was not racing em. I was on my way home from the track with my bro in his car and me in my 94L. We pulled up to this light along side some kid in a "tricked out"(POS) honda crx. I put her in neutral and reved her up to redline. My bro did the same. We kept revving our cars at the light making a huge scene and getting this CRX punk all excited. When the light was beginning to change, we all kept our rpms up like we were waiting to launch. I then proceeded to drive like a grandma out of the light and so did my bro. Watching this CRX bounce off the line and keep hopping through gears. It had to have been the funniest thing i had ever seen!! I was cracking up for like a half hour afterwards....ahh funny stuff I tell ya!!

Tom
Old 04-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Well, it does resonate a little around 2500rpm but other than that it has a pretty throaty wail to it.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil..._suby/2140.wav
Great sound clip Matt! My car sounds pretty similar to that with a magnaflow muffler and the exhaust resonator removed. Wicked!!!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_svx
Hey, it just dawned on me...SVXRide, you just ordered a sticker from me on eBay !!!

Cool, thanks. John
John,
You're welcome! Always trying to do my part to support the SVX community!
-Bill (starting to store "things" for the eventual SVX body/paint phase )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
no cats, glasspack and a flowmaster

ah, to live in South Carolina (no cats!!)
-Bill (still working on how to get to only one cat...)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-24-2005, 01:27 PM

Registered SVX
Is that a 5 speed?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
SVinX

Around here, it's the pickups that fly up and ride your tail on the back roads instead of ricers calling you out.

I'm content to putz along , monster truck all but connected to my back bumper. When we get to the S-turns and switchbacks common in my neck of the woods...well...lets say that Bubba in his Hemi can't exactly hang.

In safe, non racing or sprited driving in any way as to not break any laws, conditions, or contracts thereof, MAN that car knows how to take a corner!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
we all just have to make sure enjoying our "time machines" too much doesn't result in "doing time" ("But Officer, the car kept telling me to go faster and everyone on the SVX site said the car can do 150 mph...")
-Bill (1+ years since his last SVX-related speeding ticket...)
I have no comment on the effectiveness of that excuse. I told the cop I only had 30 mph more til I hit my top speed, but he just started yelling at me with a redneck accent about my jap piece of crap and gave me two points. And suspended my license. And fined me $1000.

Did you guys ever see that failure of a market campaign that Subaru ran? An ad in a car magazine saying "You can drive it so fast, that you'll get so many tickets, that you'll lose your license"? They didn't tell you, but they got the idea from me. I've had a copy of that ad hanging on my wall ever since that fateful night a few years ago.