Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 03:21 PM

My Comment, That Happends A Lot Any Shop Will Try To Get Every Penny From You. I Understand That You Are Mad. And I Will Probably Will Go After Them. But First Of All That Is The Only Subaru Dealer I Know Around.... When I'm Around I Can Help You. The Blacknite Doesn't Know What The Service From A Dealer Can Do For Her. And As Long As We Are Together Is Going To Stay That Way!!!!!
But I Will Hate To Go In The Dealer For Parts, And Have Every One Stearing At Me With A Hate Look!!!!!! We Dont Want That. So Please Dont Take It Any Further. And They Have The Worse Custumer Service And On Top Of That They Will Be Upset, I Really Wound't Like See That Happening...
Old 03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
When your repair was $450, was it a Subaru dealership, and did they replace the gears? They gave me the gears, but what is scary of it all, is one of the mechanics own two SVX's. I don't know who he is, and never met him. The smaller of the two, the drive gear had some wear on it... Not much. The larger driven gear looked new.
Yes they replaced the gears and no it wasn't a dealer. Try to find out how many hours it takes to do a speedo gear and their hourly rate and see if it matches your bill. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you call them on the carpet.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknite
My Comment, That Happends A Lot Any Shop Will Try To Get Every Penny From You. I Understand That You Are Mad. And I Will Probably Will Go After Them. But First Of All That Is The Only Subaru Dealer I Know Around.... When I'm Around I Can Help You. The Blacknite Doesn't Know What The Service From A Dealer Can Do For Her. And As Long As We Are Together Is Going To Stay That Way!!!!!
But I Will Hate To Go In The Dealer For Parts, And Have Every One Stearing At Me With A Hate Look!!!!!! We Dont Want That. So Please Dont Take It Any Further. And They Have The Worse Custumer Service And On Top Of That They Will Be Upset, I Really Wound't Like See That Happening...
I wouldn't walk in with guns blaring and cussing everyone out. I will definately play the "political game". It's obvious if I walk in and treat them all like a disease, they may retaliate the next time I bring the car in. Maybe lie about how they fixed it while charging me over double the going rate. Heck, they may even tear up other stuff while doing it!!

Wait a minute.....................Anyone see where this is going?

As Rambo the duck said...... "Dey dwew fhirst bwud".

And I've let it go and never said a word the first couple of times they screwed me. Maybe... I've let it go, and they view it as weakness. Hence, my newest example of big money fraud.

Either way, I've now entered the era of "make them bleed", I've been under the car today, taken pictures, went through the manuals, etc. Tomorrow morning, I'll go there first, and see what the reception is. If it's not what I feel it should be, I'm going the media/legal route. This.... time... I...can....prove...it...

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-20-2005, 05:21 PM

Oh! And blacknite, your name will never be mentioned.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Yes they replaced the gears and no it wasn't a dealer. Try to find out how many hours it takes to do a speedo gear and their hourly rate and see if it matches your bill. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you call them on the carpet.
Does anyone out there have an hour chart for subaru on this?

Old 03-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Get Pissed And Stay Pissed!

Electro,
You were robbed plain and simple. At least a street thug has the stones to face you, you trusted this azzhole and he defrauded you...beneath contempt. How many good people have these pieces of **** ripped off before you? Somebody has to require an accounting. If not you, who? If not now, when?
I SAY NAIL THE BASTARDS!
Carlsbad Subaru has a master Subaru mechanic w/25 years experience. Call him toll free: 1 866 528 0474 . Ask the service writer to give you the standard flat rate out of the manual and then confirm w/ the master mech. I will inquire seperately and forward my info to you. I have to visit Vegas soon to see a man about a lot of money he owes me. Perhaps I can lend you some moral support. If there's anything else I can do to help PM me. DO NOT LET THIS **** PASS!
WGJ
Old 03-20-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
Electro,
You were robbed plain and simple. At least a street thug has the stones to face you, you trusted this azzhole and he defrauded you...beneath contempt. How many good people have these pieces of **** ripped off before you? Somebody has to require an accounting. If not you, who? If not now, when?
I SAY NAIL THE BASTARDS!
Carlsbad Subaru has a master Subaru mechanic w/25 years experience. Call him toll free: 1 866 528 0474 . Ask the service writer to give you the standard flat rate out of the manual and then confirm w/ the master mech. I will inquire seperately and forward my info to you. I have to visit Vegas soon to see a man about a lot of money he owes me. Perhaps I can lend you some moral support. If there's anything else I can do to help PM me. DO NOT LET THIS **** PASS!
WGJ
Thank you! I'll be calling them tomorrow. And I promise.. It's not going to stand. I appreciate the support!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:49 AM

I Really, Like How Things Are Going To Work Out. I Hate For Bussines To Do This, A Friend Long Time Ago Playing Around Toll Me This (i Charge For What I Know, Not For What I Do) In A Way He Is Right. But I Alway Hate To People In General That Are Not Honest. Point Out What You Toll Me About What Happen To The $2,500 Sound System In Your Car. But Anyway Just To Let You Know That I'm Around And I'm Willing To Help You With Anything I Can!!!!! Where Are Only About 20 Miles Away!!!! So You Don't Have To Go To The Dealer..... You Just Probably Lost $500 With The Dealer. But We Got The Chance To Meet And At The Long Run You Will End Up Saving A Lot More Money. Remember I Don't Work On Cars For A Living.

And I Will Do Anything To Keep An Svx Alive!!!!!!!
By The Way On Your Sound Set Up I Can Help You Out If You Don't Mind Coming Over To My House Just Bring The Wires...... And The Stuff That You Want To Install.. Call Me...
Old 03-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I Really, Like How Things Are Going To Work Out. I Hate For Bussines To Do This, A Friend Long Time Ago Playing Around Toll Me This (i Charge For What I Know, Not For What I Do) In A Way He Is Right. But I Alway Hate To People In General That Are Not Honest. Point Out What You Toll Me About What Happen To The $2,500 Sound System In Your Car. But Anyway Just To Let You Know That I'm Around And I'm Willing To Help You With Anything I Can!!!!! Where Are Only About 20 Miles Away!!!! So You Don't Have To Go To The Dealer..... You Just Probably Lost $500 With The Dealer. But We Got The Chance To Meet And At The Long Run You Will End Up Saving A Lot More Money. Remember I Don't Work On Cars For A Living.

And I Will Do Anything To Keep An Svx Alive!!!!!!!
By The Way On Your Sound Set Up I Can Help You Out If You Don't Mind Coming Over To My House Just Bring The Wires...... And The Stuff That You Want To Install.. Call Me...
Thanks Blacknite. You are a genius at these cars, that's already been proven, whether you do it for a living or not! As far as I know, we are it for SVX owners besides that one mechanic for the Las Vegas area. There use to be 2 attorneys that worked together a few years back that had them. But from what I hear, they got rich during the LV build up, and now drive 7 series Beemers around. Amazing, isn't it? This is a pretty big city for just 4 of these. I guess it evens out with yours being a 5mt. Not many of those around!

Old 03-21-2005, 03:15 PM

I Know I Have Seen A Couple Of Them. But Probably About 5 Of Them. I Know Svx Are Very Unique.. I Really Never Seen One In Cali... But Any Way Let Me Know About Your Sound, Is Pretty Easy Plus Best Buy Is Having A Sale Of 2 For 1 On Some Of The Woofer Plus You Have A Amp. That Will Run This Speaker. So Let Me Know That Is A Lot Easier To Run Like My Set Up!!!!!!! My Be $200 Will Make It Happend... I Think Is Worth It
Old 03-21-2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I Know I Have Seen A Couple Of Them. But Probably About 5 Of Them. I Know Svx Are Very Unique.. I Really Never Seen One In Cali... But Any Way Let Me Know About Your Sound, Is Pretty Easy Plus Best Buy Is Having A Sale Of 2 For 1 On Some Of The Woofer Plus You Have A Amp. That Will Run This Speaker. So Let Me Know That Is A Lot Easier To Run Like My Set Up!!!!!!! My Be $200 Will Make It Happend... I Think Is Worth It
I already have An Alpine RS Sub and 300 Watt Amp. Considering I'm keeping the rest of it stock, the sub is going to be overkill. I've got this one handled

Old 03-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Just Let Me Know Unless You Already Got It Together... And How Are The Ps Running?????
Old 03-21-2005, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Just Let Me Know Unless You Already Got It Together... And How Are The Ps Running?????
The Ps is doing great! But another member is asking about evacuating the AC on another thread. I witnessed your method.. You might want to go over there and give him a pointer or two.