How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
svxboy94

motor swap car to car

ok here my plan im not sure if it will work but im going to try, as you may or may not have seen on cardomain there is an svx that has the 5 spd conversion, turbo and much more. Im going to try this myself only not in an svx body, i think im going to take a 2000 2.5 RS body and drop my 3.3 into it and turbo charge it and all the other goodies, im ogin to try to get a 6spd sti tranny for the manual i know through garret turbos you can get one from what i seen on the guy on cardomains car, im just wandering if the body of the car and everything else along the lines of suspension and all could handle the tourque it will push to the light weight i have a feeling this car will be ungodly fast if all goes right, only problem now spinning and my answer for that is 18 inch rims hopefully and 13.5 inch tires bbs will be my rim of choice, can anyone give me and pointers or am i just settin myself up for failure, i know i can cut and weld all that i need and gettin the car and trasnny wont be hard since i have a subaru dealer here in my town, just the nessicary adjustment, welds, cuts, electronics is all i need, i will have the money come summer time i graduate and go onto my job paying 15.50 and hour 40 hours a week which should be enough
Old 02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Ciscokid

Seeing as you want info more on the Impreza than the SVX, why not post on Nabisco also?? I am sure you will get some answers on their boards.

www.nasioc.com in case you need the addy

Good luck, sounds like a sick project
Old 02-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Best of luck

and you might want to review Anders EZ30 Impreza conversion here

http://www.linaracing.com/pics/event...6%20Conversion

With the 3.3 being longer than the 3.0, I'm not sure how well it will work.

The NASIOC guys would have referred you to this site after calling you a n00b and yelling at you to use the SEARCH button first.

Todd