Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Lowered SVX

speaking of the network......

and pending lunacy......is it just me or do things look a little different? the smiley faces have depth and i dont know things just look a little different......

randy sell his svx.....hahahaha......never.....never.....never... .
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-03-2002, 10:45 AM
lightning_8669

"AUNT RASTA'S KEY LIME STRUESSEL:
You put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and den you feel better."

And what does the rest of the group think about this? Hmmm???? You forgot the "den you dring'em bode up". Now there's a song I haven't heard in, let's see, 25 years? Key Lime streussel? I like it with the crushed Oreo Cookie crust (I heard Richard Nixon like oreos with French onion dip. Which might explain some things). And you?
Old 01-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: speaking of the network......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
and pending lunacy......is it just me or do things look a little different? the smiley faces have depth and i dont know things just look a little different......

randy sell his svx.....hahahaha......never.....never.....never... .
You obviously missed the thread over the holidays, labeled "Our New Look."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-03-2002, 11:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669
"AUNT RASTA'S KEY LIME STRUESSEL:
You put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and den you feel better."

And what does the rest of the group think about this? Hmmm???? You forgot the "den you dring'em bode up". Now there's a song I haven't heard in, let's see, 25 years? Key Lime streussel? I like it with the crushed Oreo Cookie crust (I heard Richard Nixon like oreos with French onion dip. Which might explain some things). And you?
I'm fairly ordinary when it comes to Oreos. I like 'em with milk. However, you, as an "engineer type" would appreciate the fact that 7 seconds is the maximum amount of time you can hold an Oreo in milk, by your fingertips, and still get it into your mouth without it falling apart, or, breaking off and falling into the glass.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-03-2002, 11:27 AM
lightning_8669

"the fact that 7 seconds is the maximum amount of time you can hold an Oreo in milk, by your fingertips, and still get it into your mouth without it falling apart, or, breaking off and falling into the glass. "

So, using both hands and assuming a .5 second unload/re-load cycle you could put an Oreo in the body at a rate of one every four seconds. Hmmmm.... This comes to 15 every minute or a total of 900 per hour. Okay, who want's to see Randy eat 900 milk soaked Oreos in an hour??????? Being from Wisconsin (Moo? Moo Moo!) I'll supply the Moo Juice.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Lightnin' & Aredub,

<<<However, you, as an "engineer type" would appreciate the fact that 7 seconds is the maximum amount of time you can hold an Oreo in milk , by your fingertips, and still get it into your mouth without it falling apart, or, breaking off and falling into the glass. >>>

<<<<So, using both hands and assuming a .5 second unload/re-load cycle you could put an Oreo in the body at a rate of one every four seconds. Hmmmm.... This comes to 15 every minute or a total of 900 per hour. Okay, who want's to see Randy eat 900 milk soaked Oreos in an hour??????? Being from Wisconsin (Moo? Moo Moo!) I'll supply the Moo Juice. >>>>

I thought that only engineers were this anal.

Larry III
PS: You guys are really scaring me. I'm going back to the Yahoo site where Maria the speednut and Eddycat should make an interesting tag team match.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:16 PM
lightning_8669

"I thought that only engineers were this anal. "

I'm always irritating my wife (that's a husband's job isn't it? ) by finding defects in things where ever we go. I can walk into a room and notice something wrong almost immediately. Whether it's and upside down electrical outlet or a crooked seam in the wallpaper. She says I'm a pessimist always looking for faults. I told her I just notice things more than the ordinary guy. Example: I was visiting a local machine shop and, while waiting for the guy I was there to see, picked up a phenolic (kinda plastic) gear he had laying there on a stack of paper. He walked in and noticed I was holding the thing and told me one of the teeth was machined out of tolerance. I looked at the thing and turned it over and said "What about all this porosity (small holes like swiss cheese) in the material. His eyes about popped out of his head. "Holy $h!t" he says, I didn't even notice that!". He thanked me and we've been doing business ever since. Now if I knew how many hairs I have growing out of my back, THAT would be anal Anyone care to guess?
Old 01-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<Now if I knew how many hairs I have growing out of my back, THAT would be anal Anyone care to guess?>>

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 01-03-2002, 12:45 PM
lightning_8669

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
<<Now if I knew how many hairs I have growing out of my back, THAT would be anal Anyone care to guess?>>

Doug
Maybe I need to be more specific. How many for the "winter pelt"? 257?! How am I supposed to stay warm during a Wisconsin winter with only 257 hairs? Easy have that many on the back of my neck alone. Now look what Three Eyed Larry has started!
Old 01-03-2002, 01:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm fairly ordinary when it comes to Oreos. I like 'em with milk. However, you, as an "engineer type" would appreciate the fact that 7 seconds is the maximum amount of time you can hold an Oreo in milk, by your fingertips, and still get it into your mouth without it falling apart, or, breaking off and falling into the glass.
I agree that 7 seconds is a safe time limit, but I tend to soak my Oreos for 8-9 seconds. I even accompany the submersion with a light up-and-down motion. Any more than that and the risk of the Oreo breaking off and forever being stuck at the bottom of the glass becomes greater with every second.

My wife is the real sicko - disassembling the Oreo, eating the cream filling and throwing away the cookie.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
lightning_8669

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I agree that 7 seconds is a safe time limit, but I tend to soak my Oreos for 8-9 seconds. I even accompany the submersion with a light up-and-down motion. Any more than that and the risk of the Oreo breaking off and forever being stuck at the bottom of the glass becomes greater with every second.

My wife is the real sicko - disassembling the Oreo, eating the cream filling and throwing away the cookie.
SOMEBODY HOLD ME BAAAAAACKK!!!!!!

GAAAAAGH!!

Old 01-03-2002, 02:45 PM

Registered SVX
By the way, John. Did I tell you how great it was to have you back.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 01-03-2002, 06:11 PM
calmone

are you interested in a trade for the kid, i got one in college whose tuition bill just came?
Old 01-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

AUNT RASTA'S KEY LIME STRUESSEL:
You put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and mix it all togedder, put de lime in de coconut and den you feel better.
....lime in de coconut, feed it to de Taliban. Daylight come & Osama flee betta'.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by calmone
are you interested in a trade for the kid, i got one in college whose tuition bill just came?

I may be. You ain't seen my kid's grocery bill. College tuition may actually be cheaper.
Subaru Ambassador