Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-28-2004, 03:27 PM

Best brakes for the money?

I got a pair of Bradi (a subsidiary of Brembo) front discs, drilled and slotted, from Rotors Direct in Long Beach, Ca., some months and several thousands of miles ago. Reported this in a thread but I don't know where you'd find it. The price was considerably less than OEM. Installation was uneventful and the brake shop that did the work was sufficiently impressed with the quality and value of the Bradis that they now offer Rotors Direct's products to their performance oriented customers.
These are the same Bradi rotors you see offered from time to time on e-bay. You can reach Rotors Direct @ 562 218 3888 during normal business hours PST. Ask for Ron and tell them you're in the SVX Network and were referred by Bill Johnson in San Diego. I am v. pleased with my purchase...saved over $100.00 over the next best deal (Brake World) on the same rotors and have had no problems. By the way, while waitng for Brake World to pull their "last pair" and ship them to me I found and contacted Rotors Direct, ordered, recieved and had installed RD's Bradis before Brake World's rotors even arrived! I used OEM pads but I was in a hurry to get the car back on the road (daily driver), otherwise I'd have likely gone with the Greenstuff pads. You'll have to do your own price shopping/comparison. OEM pads aren't cheap, but work v. well w/ the Bradi rotors.
Hope this helps.
WGJ
Old 11-28-2004, 04:49 PM
ilsegretosvx

I have the same set as mentioned above with pads from him also. They have been great.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:34 PM

EBC rotors

Quote:
Originally posted by BordeauxComet
I've been thinking about getting those pads (if I can't afford the Endless ones). I've heard good things.

Do they actually make those rotors for the SVX? I remember looking and didn't see them listed. Got a link?
Thanks.
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ebc2004_5ukdisc.pdf

page 159 list the svx rotors D731 front D732 rear it's in the euro section.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Most of the NASIOC people HATE the redstuffs... most that try them, use them at the track and i've seen multiple posts talkign about how they went through a new set of pads in one trak day, (3 15-20 minute runs)

I like the EBC greenstuffs on my dads wrx.. nice bite...

I really liked my metal masters on my car... now that i have some generic semi metallic pad on my car that SUCKS! i miss them...

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker