SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-02-2004, 01:25 AM
NERV

anywhere with free vin check?

i need to check the vin of an svx:

JF1CX3532NH100497

there are free check promotions all over but they all seem to be expired, anyone know of any current ones, or does anyone have a carfax aco**** they cud check this with?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:49 AM
msatpro

got your vin check covered

I do have carfax and I am mad at them fo falsely advertising "unlimited" acess when they really should have said ONE MONTH UNLIMITED! I believe it is still working. I will have to figure ouy how to send them as an attachment to you.. I would be glad to send it , so I'll try to send it.
Maybe, once you get the info you could give me some feedback on my SVX trans hunt..either a wrx trans conversion w/ rear diff to I think, or The factory unit put in at dealer?(i'm in Chicago), or a local reputable shop ..BUT....that means I MUST find the front diff bearings and a price on front diff, just in case.
I want to do all my research and planning so the job will go smooth and according to some budget and all options figure out.
There it is , I haven' gotten much feedback so far.
I am sure I just need to be more patient, but I prefer my 83 full size bronco to the svx right now since it will slip in 3 and 4 and the snow (and salt) season is almost over.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
msatpro

All good-vin

All good three -owners(illinois) and the car was last recorded at 47;000 miles no accidents etc.
Where is this vehicle out of curiosity,Iliinois?
If it's in the Chicago area, I could do an inspection if your thinking of buying it. I am a mechanic selling Mahogany Doors due to being laid off from the Jaguar dealer.

Last edited by msatpro; 03-02-2004 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
NERV

the car was on ebay, the reserve wasnt met, he's taking offers, he has it listed as a "1992 LSi" which i didnt tihnk existed, but the pics of engine speak for itself, looks so clean u cud eat off of:

Old 03-02-2004, 02:01 PM
NERV

Re: All good-vin

how much would it be for an inspection? cuz i would like to know if the car needs any work, i know the tires will have to be replaced soon and thats all i know, he says the transmission was replaced 3 months ago, wud sometihng like that show up on carfax?

Quote:
Originally posted by msatpro
All good three -owners(illinois) and the car was last recorded at 47;000 miles no accidents etc.
Where is this vehicle out of curiosity,Iliinois?
If it's in the Chicago area, I could do an inspection if your thinking of buying it. I am a mechanic selling Mahogany Doors due to being laid off from the Jaguar dealer.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:23 AM
msatpro

svx on e bay/where is it?

Hello it's mike,

I don't think you would ever find trans replacement info there (carfax), but you might find history of it through the dealer, which is free. They would have record of every and any time the subaru dealership(s) had put in a trans.
How much is an inspection? : I would be willing to do the inspection for half the price of a "basic 1 hr. used car inspection" because I do love these cars. That equates to about $60 and I might show up driving the '92 svx. How close to Chicago is it?
I generally charge 15/hr including gas for travel if it's over 10 mi. away from Evanston (city just N of Chicago ).
I could give you the full print out from carfax to.
I have a diagnostic scanner on my laptop but unfortunatley It is OBDII which started in '95.
Mike S
Illinois plate: SVXLNT 3
Old 03-03-2004, 08:31 AM
NERV

Re: svx on e bay/where is it?

its in richton park, dunno exactly how far it is from chicago but i heard it not that far

Quote:
Originally posted by msatpro
Hello it's mike,

I don't think you would ever find trans replacement info there (carfax), but you might find history of it through the dealer, which is free. They would have record of every and any time the subaru dealership(s) had put in a trans.
How much is an inspection? : I would be willing to do the inspection for half the price of a "basic 1 hr. used car inspection" because I do love these cars. That equates to about $60 and I might show up driving the '92 svx. How close to Chicago is it?
I generally charge 15/hr including gas for travel if it's over 10 mi. away from Evanston (city just N of Chicago ).
I could give you the full print out from carfax to.
I have a diagnostic scanner on my laptop but unfortunatley It is OBDII which started in '95.
Mike S
Illinois plate: SVXLNT 3
Old 03-03-2004, 08:39 AM
NERV

im currently waiting for a reply from asking if he would be open to an inspection, the existing issues i know of are a broken pulley on the passenger side window and the tires only have about 5000 miles left, are you available any time or is there any specific time that would be good for you? my parents are gonna be in chicago this weekend and if all goes as planned i will be going with them and getting the car
Old 03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
msatpro

almost 60 miles from me

No, it's not that far, but it's not that close either. Mapquest told me: 1 hour and almost 60 miles. I would be more than happy to do the inspection for you. I believe what you need on the pass. side is a window regulator(or maybe a motor). I have needed one on my drivers door for some time and actually ordered it but they sent it back before I was able to pick it up. It was around 170 bucks. I have a temporary repair holding the window up.
I would do it any evening or on Saturdays. I't looks like it could take three times as long to get there during rush hour, so find out if he/they keep Saturday hours +/or are open until 9pm, and if it is at a business, if they have a lift.
Without any trafic problems it would take 2+ hours of travel and cost $110 - $150 depending on conditions of car, weather, and travel time.
The list of potential problems and estimated repair costs can be used as leverage against the asking price. I own an svx so I am already familiar with most of their common problems. These are easy to check. Even though Carfax shows no accidents, looking for the UNSEEN is the most important. I will give my BEST OPINION ON THE GENERAL CONDITION of the vehicle and components but there is no guarantee of longevity or prior repair history beyond my ability to see these things in my inspection.
Since the history was flawlless, Id say you have a great start!
Next step is an inspection and a testdrive
Let me know if you want me to e-mail you my cell #.
Mike S.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:37 AM
NERV

nevermind, i decided not to get the car, the savings on the good price were cancelle dout by potential shipping costs and i dont like teal, ive decided to go buick and get a nice pimpin park avenue
Old 03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
msatpro

svx in richton park

No sweat!
Hey, was that car on e-bay or what?
I was also wondering what they were asking, just curious. Phone #'s etc.?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 PM
NERV

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=16968 there ya go