How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-10-2001, 08:36 PM
Green1995SVX

Great Dealer - Junked SVX's

Since ive purchaced my SVX back in february, I've been taking my car to the local subaru dealer for service (Lancaster County Motors - MercedesBenz / Subaru ) I wanted to share with everyone that their service has been first rate. The car always gets fixed right the first time, and they always detail the car before i pick it up. And their waiting room has free doughnuts! You cant get any better than that haha. Anyway Lancaster County Motors - A great subie dealer.

Also, I've discovered an exotic car junk yard locally. Its called Octagon and they have multiple SVX's there, and everything is reasonably priced. If anyone has any parts requests, let me know and i can pick the parts up for you.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:03 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
OH YES!!! THERE IS GOD!!!

Can you do me a real great favour? Can you pick up a couple of things for me? I need:

1 Ashtray assy.
2. cover piece for the stereo (metal bracket and all the things around it.

I will pay for the shipping and everything to IL
Thanks
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-11-2001, 05:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Great Dealer - Junked SVX's

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Since ive purchaced my SVX back in february, I've been taking my car to the local subaru dealer for service (Lancaster County Motors - MercedesBenz / Subaru ) I wanted to share with everyone that their service has been first rate. The car always gets fixed right the first time, and they always detail the car before i pick it up. And their waiting room has free doughnuts! You cant get any better than that haha. Anyway Lancaster County Motors - A great subie dealer.

Also, I've discovered an exotic car junk yard locally. Its called Octagon and they have multiple SVX's there, and everything is reasonably priced. If anyone has any parts requests, let me know and i can pick the parts up for you.

Green SVX,

Please post the exact address and phone no. of Lancaster County Motors. I'll use it as a "just -in-case" back-up dealer service dept. Also exctly where is Octogon junk yard. Maybe we could schedule a local parts scavenge hunt/buying meet one Satuday morn.

Larry III

Larry III
Old 07-11-2001, 07:46 AM
Lowered SVX

Green.....

do they have any seats?? oh, wait you are selling some seats right? please send me those pics.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-11-2001, 08:03 AM
oneothefewproud

Here is another place to get parts. He claims he has had 10 SVX's thus far. he finds the really good deals and strips them. The last time I was in he had said that he had every part and will ship anywhere in the US. Maybe Up north also EH.

http://www.subaruworld.com/

Larry is his name really nice guy.

Caio
Wayne
Old 07-11-2001, 11:11 AM
black-svx

Green, you should post that service center in the section of the SVX Network where you can rate them. I added my local place which is also a great place to get work done.

-Raptor
Old 07-11-2001, 12:03 PM
I look like Gordon

Yes, please post some contact info for that Salvage Yard. If it is close to Lancaster, it should be well within day-trip range...

<daydream begins>

...a shelf in the garage, filled with a collection of neatly wrapped "just-in-case" SVX parts...
Old 07-11-2001, 01:22 PM
Habesha

Lancaster

Lancaster, PA is about 2 hours or so away from me (I'm by DC). My fiancee lives in Richland, PA, so I go up that way a lot. If someone needs something, I can check it out next time I visit her.
Old 07-11-2001, 03:02 PM

I posted what i need. If one of you guys can check it out for me, I'd be greatful and I'll buy you beer at the 10th ann. meet.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 07-17-2001, 08:19 AM
Green1995SVX

Contact Info for Junk Yard

Octagon Spares
NOS & PREOWNED BRITISH PARTS
Specializing in Subarus

348 Main Street
Felton, PA 17322

(717) 244-5279
Old 07-17-2001, 08:28 AM
Lowered SVX

GREEN1995SVX.....

seats, any info. on the seats.....please...
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-17-2001, 01:28 PM
I look like Gordon

Going parts shopping

Wow, that is really close. Just about an hour drive for me. I am going to drive up there sometime in the next couple weeks and check it out. Anyone local want to tag along or meet me there?

I'll check on all your posted "wishlist" items while I'm there, unless someone gets to it first. If anyone has any "definitely buy" items, you will need to give me specifics on the following:

price you are willing to pay
acceptable condition
colors, etc. if appropriate

I would be willing to pick out interior and non-mechanical items, and preferably low dollar stuff (ie: I will not bring you back a tranny).

Let me know here, or email
mwirt@phillipsfoods.com

I'm thinking this weekend or the next...
Old 07-17-2001, 02:00 PM

I am looking for gray ashtray. I will pay up to 25 for part and another 15 or so for shipping to Chicago.
Thanks
Lwin
Old 07-17-2001, 02:04 PM
SVXtypeR

Hey rufus!

I'm out of downtown DC, let me know when you plan on going (I'll be on vacation week after next but after that I'm ok).

I need to buy tons of crap to modify.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:18 PM
KEVINL

I need the radio door and assembly in wood trim