Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-20-2012, 12:33 PM

Re: Crank Pulley Separated

One of the first things that needed to be replaced on my SVX was the separating crank pulley. Huck came down with his family to go to Disney World and while he was here, he helped me out. Scratch that - he was going to show me how to do my T-belt (since I was brand new to the SVX world), and ended up just doing the whole job. Too nice of a guy! While doing it though he noticed the pulley was separating (which explained an annoying stumbling I had been having). So we went to a junkyard and pulled one off of a Legacy. Exact fit. Period.

I recommend doing that. It's cheap, it fits perfectly, and no problems since. Hopefully you've got one in a junkyard nearby.

I don't recall which MY Leg it came off of, but these guys will be able to spell that out I'm sure. But it was 100% the same pulley.

EDIT: I'm a moron - didn't see that you had already gotten yours. Nevermind. (for anyone else running into this situation though, the EJ legacy thing works just fine.)

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by Austin; 08-20-2012 at 12:37 PM.