Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 07-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: automatic trunk popper

I definitely want this more and more every day subaru supposedly "fixed" my trunk release issue... but honestly it popped for me once but ever since I have been crawling from inside to pop it, messed with the cancel both ways, which way is it supposed to be??? I have yet to get it to pop anymore.

I think my next paycheck will be dedicated to a viper 5901 trunk popper and window module.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

See this post (posts 8 and 9 in that thread).

If the remote release lever (next to the fuel door release lever) doesn't work, a solenoid won't work either -- it will be pulling on the same cable. You'll need to figure out what's wrong with your trunk latch.

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
I bought my SVX new. The trunk has never popped up at all. It has the spoiler.

In fact, fairly early on I thought it was mis-adjusted, because it seemed to take too much effort to open. I discovered that it's somewhat easier to open by grabbing the ledge just above the license plate than trying to push up by the spoiler.
The only thing the remote release (or, for that matter, the key) does is unlock the trunk latch. The lid will still look the same as if it's latched. You have to do all the moving.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I'm taking the car back to subaru this week sometime as they claimed to have fixed it, but it has still yet to work for me other than once. I also am getting a new lock cylinder as the old one is all gummed up and dead for lack of use. I am able to pull the release and pop the trunk and the latch puller or whatever it's called moves when the lever in the cabin is pulled. it just for some reason won't release the trunk anymore.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

ok so I checked it, the wire on the pully to release it is a little loose, I don't see any adjustment where I can tighten it in the trunk is it in by the driver's seat or where would I find this????