the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Yo jay, that SUCKS man. After all the carefull preperations to not get greese in your car at the garage meet, THAT happens. What a *****

On a similar note, I almost got plowed into last week. It was just starting to snow, andIm driving on the parkway, going a reasonablish speed, and carefully passing the "OMGOHNOEZWHATDOEYEDOITARESNOWINGZZ" slow people. My friend phil was with me, and says "Woah, there's a guy with blue headlights coming up on you"

I look in my mirror and the nimrod was coming at me, FAST! I jammed the gas to get around a box truck so I could move over / not get rear ended. He flew past me easilly 20 mph faster than I was going (and I was going a solid 75 by the time I passed the truck)

Dumbass
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
To further illistrate my point, I have drawn a graphical representation of the event. Please see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXyGirl View Post
On my way home from VA beach this past weekend we almost creamed some retard in a honda because he did the same thing. He did the same exact thing except that we couldn't jump into another lane and we were in a box truck filled with stuff and towing a heavy RV trailer. After laying on the horn for a good while he looked in the mirrior like "what? what did I do?"
I used to drive a box truck for work (Salvation Army) and people used to do dumb crap like that to me all the time.. But I had to be nice cuz of the big "salvation army" logo on the side, and couldn't lay on the horn or flip people off.. I just had peace that since SA = Christian organization, messing with the Salvay driver = Messing with GOD, so I figured He'd take care of 'em for me lol... I think part of it was cuz this truck was a 350 TBI, barely had enough power to get out of its own way (and got 6MPG on a good day... 454 would have gotten 8 lol) so most of the locals didn't want to be behind me
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
To further illistrate my point, I have drawn a graphical representation of the event. Please see below:

As you can clearly see, she crossed directly into my path, there was no swerving that could be done. Why I let her go is completely beyond me. It will, however, never happen again. Even if a battery does not spill all over the back of my legacy.

Mine was girl in a green cav! I could draw the same pic! She knocked me onto the median!! ( from the 'hammer' lane!) I was in a county owned, 'cop' looking gray Caprice! Some people should just stay HOME!! The worst part with me was ALL THE DAMNED paperwork it required!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
Yo jay, that SUCKS man. After all the carefull preperations to not get greese in your car at the garage meet, THAT happens. What a *****

On a similar note, I almost got plowed into last week. It was just starting to snow, andIm driving on the parkway, going a reasonablish speed, and carefully passing the "OMGOHNOEZWHATDOEYEDOITARESNOWINGZZ" slow people. My friend phil was with me, and says "Woah, there's a guy with blue headlights coming up on you"

I look in my mirror and the nimrod was coming at me, FAST! I jammed the gas to get around a box truck so I could move over / not get rear ended. He flew past me easilly 20 mph faster than I was going (and I was going a solid 75 by the time I passed the truck)

Dumbass

Howzabout a red box truck passing EVERYTHING in site, including MEE, in a sleet storm. I looked through the ice on my windows and THOUGHT it said 'Austin Powers'. I was WRONG!! It said " Austin POWDER company, and had EXPLOSIVES placards all OVER IT!

That guy should have been DRAGGED out of that cab and SHOT!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Sorry to hear that sounds like me december of '06, on the way back from the body shop geting an estimate for damage done earlier that day by a left turning motorist I almost creamed a mustang, he was stoped in a lefthand turn lane and I was going 35 in a dedicated straight through lane, when I came to a stop we were 3 abreast in 2 lanes, I was yelling obcenities and shaking my fist in the air, his eyes were huge, never seen anything like it!

As far as your carpet, I saw 2 outbacks and I think a 96-up legacy in the Rancho Cordova CA (sacramento) pick-n-pull last week, but you'd need to find a local to look since I'm 1.5 hours away and only have full size truck to drive

Quote:
Christmas is a week away... I'm driving down the freeway home from work in my 1996 Subaru Legacy LSi. While the exterior might have minor imperfections, the interior was immaculate. Then, some ***** crosses two solid white lines, an empty lane, to directly in front of me, who is doing 55mph, doing a mere 20mph. I slam on my brakes to avoid a collision, in the process upsetting everything in the back, where I stored my Christmas presents I had bought, including a 6 volt farm/truck battery I bought for my father for his 1949 Chevy Pick-up. The battery spilled acid all over, ate clear through my carpet and virtually everything else in the trunk.

At the time, I did not flag her down to check the damage, which I should have done. Instead, I was furious, that I got in the other lane, which was clear of cars, and sped ahead. I knew the battery was back there, and that it probably flipped, but hoped that it was sealed to the point that it wouldn't leak from being flipped around. I arrived home 10 minutes later, checked, and sure enough, everywhere. Now I'm 10 times more furious than I was when it happened. I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, having some shred of faith in humanity left, but now I realized that I should not have done so. I'm done with people being inconsiderate, I'm done giving people "one more chance". From now on, someone does something like this, or any other form of ill will towards me, I will take appropriate measures. By that, I don't mean taking a tire iron to her window, but flagging her down and calling the police.

On a related note, if anyone has a grey carpet out of a 1996-1999 Subaru Legacy wagon in very good condition they want to sell, please let me know. Subaru can get the carpet, but it's $359, and that's just not happening.

/rant

I cannot exclaim how infuriated I am right now, that people would be so inconsiderate. It baffles my mind. This ***** had no thought in her head other than of herself. There are many things I'd like to say I'd do, but better judgment kicks in and prevents me from doing so.

If anyone sees a 50ish woman driving a gold acura sedan, that looks very well off type, the type that if you were to see, you'd be like "man, she seems like a *****", driving around, be sure to give her the finger for me.

/rant pt. 2

Since I have a very poor ability to portray emotions of any sort, and i know that this post doesn't accurate portray how angry I am, I'm just going on the record stating the fact that I haven't been this angry in ages. I'm a man of principal. Weather it's $5 or $5000, it's the principal of the fact that this woman was so much of an inconsiderate person with no regards for other humans. I pride myself in my consideration I portray towards others. To see others with none, it burns me up.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Just acouple days after I had bought my '95 (was still waiting for the license plates in the mail) I had some lady do that to me on the highway.......the rear bumper of her car disappeared under my hood (thats how close we came). As I passed I had to let her know how I was feeling but she didn't even see........to busy talking on her cell phone.

Acouple months ago I was driving my mom's car and had a guy cut me off just to get into my lane (which was shortly coming to an end) so after he got in front of me and I got into his lane he cuts me off AGAIN!!! If my step-dad hadn't been in the car I would have stayed next to him and let him slam into the side of the car there was no lane for me to pull into, my only choice was to slam on the brakes and hope the guy behind me didn't rear-end me.

I hate people who don't know how to operate the steering wheel in their vehicle.......

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
Acouple months ago I was driving my mom's car and had a guy cut me off just to get into my lane (which was shortly coming to an end) so after he got in front of me and I got into his lane he cuts me off AGAIN!!! If my step-dad hadn't been in the car I would have stayed next to him and let him slam into the side of the car there was no lane for me to pull into, my only choice was to slam on the brakes and hope the guy behind me didn't rear-end me.

Dustin

Something like that happened to me, then the guy starts following me through every lane change, after 10 miles I move over and rapidly slowed down, move over again and start following him then he left, real quick
Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Good morning!

Something to think about, 8 months ago I purchaced a 2001 chevy diesel long bed extended cab 4x4 truck in white, on the inside it is loaded with EVERYTHING except leather, just the way I wanted it, outside it is a color that, while I didn't dislike, I wasn't looking for and wouldn't buy on purpose, but I wasn't going to pay 5-7K more for a truck in worse shape and a better collor. It literally is stealth, no one looks at me, no one cuts me off, I have the registration stickers at home, I just forgot to put them on, but not one cop even looks at me although it seems to be 2 years out, no one races out to get in front of me, and the strangest part of all...

If I use my turn signal people will almost always slow down to let me move over I've never had that before

I have a teratorial cat that pees on the dog bed, me thinks people are teratorial on the freeway, and kill/die often as a result
Old 01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

There is a person I know, who will remain unnamed, that has a special little system in the back of their car just for occasions like this. A special little system that on command, squirts a fine jet of your finest DOT 3 out the back of his car. When someone cuts him off or advertently causes a near miss, he politely passes and gets in front of them, triggering this wonderful little setup for a few seconds "harmlessly" spraying the front of their car. Too bad for the folks that don't know what brake fluid can do to clearcoat and paint when it sits for a few hours. F**ckers should learn how to drive properly and be respectful of others.

There have been MANY times that I have(and still do)considered trying to initiate legislation for a law that mandates a license testing procedure every 10 years minimum. If you can't pass a simple safety and common regulation test, you don't deserve to have your license.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM

Driving Oblivious

A long time ago, when I was fairly new to the automotive writing business, my daughter used to help me pick up test cars. She came up with the notion that people drive oblivious. They're in their steel cocoon, listening to their tunes or rants on the radio, and are only slightly aware of what's in front of them, much less what's to the side or the rear. I was stopped at a stop sign a few years ago, waiting for a traffic break in the major road I was turning into, when suddenly WHAM! and I'm around the corner. I look back, and see the lady in the car behind me sheepishly putting down her cell phone. She at least apologized, and admitted that she was paying too much attention to the call, and not enough to her driving.
Have you all been aware of the studies of driving vs. cell-phone use that have been done at the University of Utah? Five years ago, they found that hands-free cell phones make no difference, the conversation is what is causing the distraction. A driver on a cell phone equals a driver with the legal limit of alcohol. Now they've done a new study, and found that in commuting in heavy traffic, drivers on the phone can add up to 20 percent to the total commute time because they're not paying attention to the road.
My friends ask me why I don't have my cell phone turned on much of the time. It's because when I'm driving, I'm driving. If I need to make a call, I pull over and stop driving. Multi-tasking does not work, if one of the tasks is driving.
Paul
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri
Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Hater

Quote:
Then, some ***** crosses two solid white lines, an empty lane, to directly in front of me, who is doing 55mph, doing a mere 20mph.
most likely a SWAT team member, getting ready to militarize and mobilize.

Quote:
On a related note, if anyone has a grey carpet out of a 1996-1999 Subaru Legacy wagon in very good condition they want to sell, please let me know. Subaru can get the carpet, but it's $359, and that's just not happening.

you can get a giant roll of tan or grey automotive grade carpet at Pep Boys for like $20 or $30. i have a roll of it that i was gonna use to make a trunk mat for my SVX, but never did. i'd send it to you, but its tan.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: