How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-22-2002, 12:23 PM
museumquality

Angry Door ding anyone? theres plenty willing to give them-

What is it with people and giving door dings?? yes the svx is very sensitive to dings. But can't people watch their doors when they open it. man, i caught someone this moring in my parking lot. i noticed they were parked very close to my svx, so i went out to check it out. and bam!, there is a huge door ding right there. -look red paint on his white door. i cruised over to his shop, and asked him to come out and take a look. he says -hes to busy. i said, i'll call the cops, (prob extreme) but to have this touched up will run 100.00. so he marched out pissed, -but who cares, i was pissed. then tells me it wasn't him it was his daughter. i said i don't care, just be ready for a bill. it just takes a touch of standard consideration to avoid this.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I make it a habit to park where no one else does but on the 2 occasions I did get door dings and the donor's car was still there they will defnitely feel the burn for a long time. Its amazing how fast the svx key can rip 4 letters into door paint.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
I make it a habit to park where no one else does but on the 2 occasions I did get door dings and the donor's car was still there they will defnitely feel the burn for a long time. Its amazing how fast the svx key can rip 4 letters into door paint.
Didn't your parents teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

I hate door dings as much as any of you - I have received half a dozen on each side of my car since I moved here to MI - but keying somebody's car doesn't solve anything. Most likely, what they did was an accident. What you did in response was malicious.

Door dings piss me off. But do you know what pisses me off way more? When somebody intentionally damages my car. How angry would you be if you came out to find your car keyed? Would it teach you some sort of lesson? Of course not - it'd just make you mad as hell.

Whenever possible, park away from other cars or pick spots that leave you extra room.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-22-2002, 02:26 PM
museumquality

good man pockets!

you are on it. it is upsetting and there isn't anything you can do besides confront the culprit and demand whats right.
i would think if you scar a car in your area like this, they could easily remember your svx, and next time they see it around town, its goin down.

i believe most of these door dingers do it on purpose, simply not caring about others property is considered on purpose to me.

unfortunately living in a congested area there isn't allot of parking choices. i had a guy in a Lamborghini once ask me why i'm parking near him (far parking lot of stadium) away from everyone. i said -same reason you are here.

I fear grocery store parking lots, allot of activity, very scary place for my car.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yeah they did. They also told me other things as well -- now if only I can remember what they were.

I personally like the WD40 on the windshield (A pain to wash it off). I also like spray paint on the side of the car.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-23-2002, 06:00 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I know the saying and they taught me it and then spanked it into my behind. When I park in no mans land and then still come out and find an 83 caprice parked next to me and a nice dent in my door as a reminder I lose my memory really quick. 2 cars at the very end of a lot and one of them smashes his door into the other one is not a simple mistake, it is someone bitter that they don't drive such a beautiful car and intentionally scarring it.
I admit being childish and having a bad temper in these situations but I don't let these go unnoticed.
You are right though, cube - it probably doesn't teach the other guy a lesson, it just makes them mad too - perhaps I will have to be more creative in my retribution
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:52 AM
red95svx

I also have to park in no man's land at work. The first week I had my car someone decided to give me a nice scrape on the right side of the rear bumper..........THANKS

David
Old 06-23-2002, 10:58 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
You are right though, cube -
Wow...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-23-2002, 11:07 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I know a solution. If you are in a lot, look for high costing cars. Something above 30k range and park in between them. My favs. are Lexus, Acura (TL, CL -- not the integra crap), Foreign made or newer SUVs. If you can park there, you will not find a scratch on your car.

Another spot is the space beside a handicap spot. The spot is even sweeter if the space next to you has one of the cars mentioned above.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I hate door dings as much as any of you - I have received half a dozen on each side of my car since I moved here to MI - but keying somebody's car doesn't solve anything. Most likely, what they did was an accident. What you did in response was malicious.

Door dings piss me off. But do you know what pisses me off way more? When somebody intentionally damages my car. How angry would you be if you came out to find your car keyed? Would it teach you some sort of lesson? Of course not - it'd just make you mad as hell.

Whenever possible, park away from other cars or pick spots that leave you extra room.
I know this 'keyed' feeling... Ask Maria, better yet, see for yourself at the 10th anni. meet. Why hasnt it been fixed yet, well because the insurance money for it went to a new tranny... go figure...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:07 PM
museumquality

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
I know a solution. If you are in a lot, look for high costing cars. Something above 30k range and park in between them.
Lwin
seraph, that is something i do as well, i scout and review the cars for quality machines whos owners most likely have the same concerns.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:12 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
ya

I agree with everything but the SUV thing.....i mean those doors get bigger and heavier every year!.....
phil
Old 06-23-2002, 03:25 PM

Registered SVX
Re: ya

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
I agree with everything but the SUV thing.....i mean those doors get bigger and heavier every year!.....
phil
Yeah, and the Excursion's doors could just go right through our windows. :O

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 06-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Green1995SVX

A few months back a friend and I met at starbucks for coffee etc. We both parked way out in the parking lot, and when we returned, this was next to us...

-Mike (A pic for everything.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc300047.jpg (50.3 KB, 127 views)
Old 06-23-2002, 09:05 PM
deadeye95

I have a theory about parking way the heck out in the parking lot and then finding other cars parked next to you.

Folks see your SVX parked in the middle of nowhere, thinking it is a Ferrari or something they go park by it to check it out.

After they figure out it is only a Subaru, that's when they open their door into yours....