Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
please, for the love of god, consider that you get what you pay for. I did bodywork on an eclipse that had the most half asses lambo door hinges on it. He had to cut away some of the fender supports, and in the end he got doors that opened out, bounced off the fenders, then went up...On the way down, theyd drop too far and the door would hit the striker...the doors never closed right, not to mention it ripped off the door molding and crappy side skirts he had on the car. A 1500% kit rather than a 300 dollar kit is probly the way to go.

Personally, I think vertical doors look kinda cool... untill you're in a parking garage and have to squeeze out from under your door, or your car flips upsidedown and catches on fire *NWS link, extreamly graphic images*
I smell dead people

Tom
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM

Death Trap for SVX unlikely!

Although anything is possible... I want to see a picture of someone trapped in a car with converted lambo doors. unlike the original Lamborghini (which I adore) The kit I have, along with most kits like it have double hinge points. Vertical converted doors will swing out before it's lifted. In an incident were the car is upside down the doors can still be forced outward even beyond its stops, allowing the driver and/or passenger to squeeze out.

A Lamborghini only have a single hinge point, and the only direction for the doors to go is up.

I don't want to think of ever having to be in that situation but if so, I know I have a better chance of freeing myself than the guy in the picture.

Understand even regular swing doors can jam in an overturned vehicle. Just drive safely and be very cautious at all times.

94 Blue L, 5-speed, converted 4wd, Clear headlights, Angel Eyes, Converted Radiator and fan, White faced guages, Cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Lambo doors ...
------------------------------------
Old 03-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Somebody should start fabricating, or we should ask for a group buy from a company on these hinges.

Black Beast, let your friend do that kit, if it turns out to be solid, put me on then for one...

Mr Pwrlite, if you can provide me with each of the hinges parts dimensions, I can have them fabricated in my country using CNC machining.

I recently did two plates for closing my engine decks (well not me, my mechanical engineers superfreak friends at Americ. Univ. of Beirut) using this machine.... Oooops... too much said

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.