How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
iwishicoulddunk

car had issues starting

first off sorry for going post happy but i'm leaving tomorrow for jersey and i want my head at ease. When i fixed my a/c problem i had it running full blast in my buddies driveway for a few minutes just to monitor it. I then shut the car off for about five minutes and then when i went to start it again i got nothing. Just the same deadness before i replaced the starter, thats right i have a brand new starter. So after doing research through the threads the only thing i believe it may be is those locking pins in the ignition are coming loose, but as other owners have stated they have had to band the steering wheel or wiggle and jiggle to get it to start, this was not the case with me. I'm guessing it may be because of a heat issue maybe (due to me leaving the car running with the a/c on full blast for a few minutes. Any input is appreciated thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Check the shifter position as well (try starting in neutral)
Old 07-24-2004, 12:10 PM
guitarman400

hot starting problem

I am having the same kind of problem. my car is having trouble sometimes starting after it was driven until it got hot and then turned off. When I try to restart it, the car is totally dead. No clicking sound. Nothing. Its as if the battery is totally dead. I have to try for almost 7 times before it starts. Same problem with my remote starter.

I figured if we can put our heads together, maybe we can come up with some answers to our problem. Email me and maybe we can talk on the phone. If this sounds good to you, I will reply with my phone number or you can send me yours. Thanks, and good luck.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:24 PM

check

here --------> http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=20164