SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-17-2004, 05:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

a guy i know went on a hunting trip to the Northwest somewhere to hunt a mountain lion - spent thousands of dollars, and trekked through snow and up mountains to bag one. i told him, "that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard - you spent all that money and went to all that trouble ending an animals life for what? a living room decoration?

i'd rather have a Plasma TV and a new computer, bunch of car parts, etc.

if you're gonna eat it and use the skin, fine. otherwise, your an idiot with a gun. hunt the cougar with your bare hands if you want to feel like a man.
I agree completely. It's hardly 'sport' unless you have to chase it with a rock.

Deer hunting, because I see so many of the critters, simply fits under the category 'I don't get it.' But the activity depicted in this video is somethign different entirely. 'Ooooh, yay, I just killed that big, endangered animal right there.' Pfft. How adolescent can you be?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Superbeast

Yeah, I would say deer dodging is more of a sport than deer hunting.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I remember watching real tv or a similar show not too long ago and some asshats found a black panther in the mountains so they chased it down and shot it.
What are there like 4 of those in the US? So they kill one?
I was totally cheering when the panther got a piece of the guy. Unfortunately it didn't kill the guy.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
The panther doesn't have any weapons other than what it was born with, so the guy should have to fight it one-on-one armed only with what he was born with as well. If he doesn't think that would be a fair fight, than maybe he should call off the fight and just let the panther be.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 03-18-2004, 10:54 AM

when cats attack

That dude got what he deserved to bad the lion didn't kill that looser. We have a problen in the hills with mountain lions and whenever one is spotted near schools or parks the news and people raise ****. Lions were here first, we cut down there homes with all our new buildings. What are they suppose to do become domesticated. So if a little kid gets mulled, hey thats the circle of life. Some may say thats not fair, a big cat against a little child. well how bout a hunter with a rifle against a cat thats not fair either!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
I remember watching real tv or a similar show not too long ago and some asshats found a black panther in the mountains so they chased it down and shot it.
What are there like 4 of those in the US? So they kill one?
I was totally cheering when the panther got a piece of the guy. Unfortunately it didn't kill the guy.
I should watch more tv. That sounds like an interesting thing to watch. Now how do I turn this tube on?

What's funny is that I got my hunting license and went though the stupid course of teaching people not to shoot themselves to get the license. I haven't actually hunted before, but would like to try. Funny thing is that I have no interest in hunting with a gun. Bow hunting seems more interesting, and better yet, if legal, spear hunting. I'm looking for someone who can custom make a few spears for me so I can give that shot (pardon the pun). I would like to track maybe some deer or some boars to hunt, try my damnest to sneak up on them, poke them with a spear, and go running after them (although I hear boars charge at ya when ya piss them off ).

That is a true sport in my opinion. Anyone know if using a spear is legal? I remember reading that we are suppose to only take a shot at an animal if we can get a clean shot. Not only do we have to be P.C. and care about other human being's feelings, but now we have to be humane to wild animals we hunt too. What is this world coming to?
Old 03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
ww111

I've seen video of guys hunting VERY small bore with a spear. Personally I can't hunt. If I started now I'd just kick myself. 17 years in Alabama (limit is a deer a day) and 5 years in Idaho (just about every animal in north america there)

I would go spear fishing tho' that looks and sounds pretty cool.

I could be the Bart Simpson (or Homer) of Jacque Cousteau's world.

Collins

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: