Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Certified Porschephile

I don't want to start any Chevy vs ford wars, but I think I'd much rather have the 2000 Vette over the 1967 mustang. The Vette is quicker, faster, safer, handles and stops WAY better, and probably gets better gas milage while doing it. Now if we were talking about a 67 427 MkIV Vette, then it would be close. I was never a fan of any fords. GM and Chrysler muscle cars were better. Except for maybe the Boss 302 block, ford motors were mostly dogs. The 429 had potential if ford would have gone a little further with it, but it was no way near the MkIV 427 or the 426 Hemi. The ford 460 was a boat anchor. As for the 390, if you check reviews from the times they were in production, the Chevy 396 (later a 402 but still called 396) the Mopar 383, and the Pontiac 400 were all better in thier minds. I do have to say the 69 and 70 mustangs did have a great look to them, but the 70 Cuda would have to be my pick for best looking muscle car. Enough on that.
As for the WRX vs the SVX, I loved my SVX. I thought it was one of the nicest cars I ever had, and that includes the Porsche I learned to drive stick on. But, I would pick a WRX STi now if I could. It does so much, so well. And I've even seen real sized adults in the rear seat!!!! And any WRX over a Lancer!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Headed to Texas...

I briefly, but SERIOUSLY entertained the notion of just trading the Legacy, WRX AND the SVX...yes, ALL of them for a new Sti

THEN...I ran straight for a cold shower!

After some actual thought, I realize I have the best of all worlds already with the cars I am lucky enough to have.

They really are different animals, the SVX and WRX. I wouldn't consider replacing either of them with the other.

BUT....if I HAD to have just ONE car....

Sti

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 11-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Certified Porschephile

Svxxx26 you sum it up perfectly, they are the same but different. Both unique Subaru vehicles, but different ends of the performance sword. Now if we really had it good, they would release a 350hp AWD 3.0 H-6 Turbo Intercooled SVX-II Coupe. They gauntlet has just fallen.........give it to us SOA!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Now if we really had it good, they would release a 350hp AWD 3.0 H-6 Turbo Intercooled SVX-II Coupe. They gauntlet has just fallen.........give it to us SOA!!!!!!!
.....at a price most of us can afford!!!!

(DON'T USE B11S STYLING, EITHER!!!!!!!!!!)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 11-14-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Headed to Texas...

Hmmmmmm......I'd like to think otherwise but something tells me the B11S styling exercise ain't gonna go away.

Also - until I see those letters on a NEW Subaru, I won't believe that they will ever do another SVX. EVER.

I remember when rumours were floating around not so long ago about a new SVX coming out based on the WRX. Then it was gonna be based on the Legacy. Nothing came out of either, instead we got more of the WRX in the form of the Sti, along with more turbos. Fine with me, but yeah I'd like to see a high performance Subaru coupe. Call it ANYTHING you want, and keep it in the Sti price range at least. Maybe after the new 2005 Legacy comes out, if it is a success...then just maybe.....

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 11-15-2003, 12:29 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Svxxx26 you sum it up perfectly, they are the same but different. Both unique Subaru vehicles, but different ends of the performance sword. Now if we really had it good, they would release a 350hp AWD 3.0 H-6 Turbo Intercooled SVX-II Coupe. They gauntlet has just fallen.........give it to us SOA!!!!!!!

Keep wishing. SVXII will never happen. SVX is the name SOA/FHI is not too happy with so you may even get another car with window-in-window feature but it will never be called a SVXII
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Certified Porschephile

We don't need the name SVX-II, I was refering to the character of a SVX, but with more power. LOTS MORE POWER!!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:27 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
We don't need the name SVX-II, I was refering to the character of a SVX, but with more power. LOTS MORE POWER!!!!
Isn't SVX good enough? I have crusied with the SVX at 130+ mph before and trust me, you don't want to go that fast. SVX was never ment to be rally champ or dragster so for what it is designed for, its amazing car. Like I said many times before, with money, you can make anything fly so anything can be done but I am happy with the SVX so far. But it does needs some updates
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by svxxx26
Hmmmmmm......I'd like to think otherwise but something tells me the B11S styling exercise ain't gonna go away.

then Subaru may lose a customer, because there's no way in hell you'd see me driving anything that resembles that big dumb grinning monstrosity - and i even like the looks of the 'bugeyed' WRX!!!!

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

then Subaru may lose a customer, because there's no way in hell you'd see me driving anything that resembles that big dumb grinning monstrosity - and i even like the looks of the 'bugeyed' WRX!!!!
We've talked about this before, but I think the B11S is a super design. It looks, and is, all muscle. That said, I hate with a passion that magnum beer-can ring-pull on the nose, that is one thing they must fix.

It should be remembered that many who saw it in the flesh said it is better than the pictures convey. It is low, wide, powerful and muscular looking, as it ought with 400hp. On a similar note, many people dislike the similar styling of the Mazda RX8, but it still made the top ten in this month's Car Magazine shootout, Best Performance Cars 2003.

I would say if Subaru got enough positive feedback on the car from the US, their most important market, then they might launch a version of the B11S badged as an Impreza Coupe, even though it is obviously a replacement for the SVX.

I hope they do. I am happy with everything on my car except the power-to-weight ratio, it is a sluggard. Without a more powerful SVX, I will probably be hunting a Nissan Skyline next time round.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

We've talked about this before, but I think the B11S is a super design. It looks, and is, all muscle. That said, I hate with a passion that magnum beer-can ring-pull on the nose, that is one thing they must fix.

It should be remembered that many who saw it in the flesh said it is better than the pictures convey. It is low, wide, powerful and muscular looking, as it ought with 400hp. On a similar note, many people dislike the similar styling of the Mazda RX8, but it still made the top ten in this month's Car Magazine shootout, Best Performance Cars 2003.

I would say if Subaru got enough positive feedback on the car from the US, their most important market, then they might launch a version of the B11S badged as an Impreza Coupe, even though it is obviously a replacement for the SVX.

I hope they do. I am happy with everything on my car except the power-to-weight ratio, it is a sluggard. Without a more powerful SVX, I will probably be hunting a Nissan Skyline next time round.

Joe
I'm with you on most of that. It's the nose of the B11S that kills it for me, otherwise I like the design.
As for the RX-8? YECCCH! Not faulting the performance of the car, but I still see "catfish" every time I look at it's nose.
I would say any model that Subaru puts out as a B11S/SVX whatever would be based on the Legacy - at least I hope so. My feeling is that it should be fitted with the H-6 and have a more luxury feel - just like the SVX

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 11-17-2003, 03:46 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
B11S

I have an Auto Weekly magazine from a few months ago, they got a test drive in one, pre-production.

They believed it had 400 hp, it was pretty quick. They remarked on the suspension being hard, or even harsh. They also said the exhaust was so loud, it would never make street legal. I suspect Subaru tricked it up power-wise to make it impressively fast for the petrol-head journos.

If it ever makes the street, I would prefer the wheel rims being about 2" smaller. Extremely low profile tyres are only any good on a smooth track. On real-world roads, you need a taller aspect ratio tyre to absorb shock and give a reasonable ride, also to protect the rims from pot-hole damage. Nineteen inch wheels would be plenty big and impressive enough.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: