SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 08:59 AM
Green1995SVX

In an SVX void (Long)

Hey all.

I reciently moved from the eastern part of Pennsylvania, near Philly, to the western part of the state (near nothing) to go to school. Last week i began to notice something. There are NO other SVX's around here. At home, id see one or 2 a day. I mean, geez, 2 people in my development had SVX's. I know the dealer in lancaster sold a lot of them. And i believe that to be because it is also a Mercedes dealer. People went in there looking to spend 35k know what i mean? Anyway, so i want to get my transmission flushed, so i went to the local subaru dealer (In Butler, PA) to get an estimate on this. First of all, they said they didnt have the equipment to flush the trans. Secondly, they informed me that they only ever sold 2 SVX's EVER. and neither of them come there for service. So i would be the only person getting an SVX serviced there. Im not sure how much i like the sound of that... At the dealer at home theres usually 3 or more svx's there getting serviced when i take mine in. So at this point i told them that i would get back to them to make an appointment. (I figured i would try to find another dealer) I went to the next closest one on the listings subaru.com gave me "A. CRIVELLI Subaru-Chevrolet" When i arrived it was a much larger dealer. I was relieved. I went to the service desk and asked the man if they could flush the transmission. he said 'what kind of car do you have'. I replied "An SVX" he said. 'Now thats a chevy truck, right?' I AM NOT KIDDING! so basically i dont want to take it there.

So basically what im trying to get to (FINALLY!!) is does anyone know of somewhere in the pittsburgh area that specializes in SVX's? Or at least knows how to work on them? I dont want the mechanics learning how to work on SVX's by using my car. Also, is there anyone in my area that has an SVX? I would love to meet up and talk about our cars, share ideas, etc. Im about 30 mins north of pittsburgh.

Thanks everyone for your attention on this horribly long post

-Mike
-
'95 SVX L AWD w/Leather