Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM

92 in CT

$1695. 100K, NEW TRANS @ 60K, PERFECT A/C, RUNS STRONG 203-613-4222.
This has to be one of the better deals on the board. Someone here buy it so it
has a good home and saves me from having to deal with Craigslist !

Link to photo: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...2&limit=recent

Location: Weston, CT (50 miles from NYC) one town in from shore

Year: 1992

Model: the more expensive one

VIN: JF1CX3539NH106216, clean Autocheck (I can send a copy).

Paint Color: original Black

Interior Color: Grey leather

Miles: 100k, just.

Options: seems to have everything; leather etc

AWD

Modifications: tasteful woodgrain kit on dash/console, looks surprisingly good. Cold air intake but I have the original intake plastic.

Major service: rebuilt trans at about 60k, the only receipt I have from prev owner, who spent $4,000+

Engine Condition: good, strong, but a few smaller issues (see below)

Maintenance Records: most of what's been done since I bought it 25,000 miles ago, brakes, tuneups, belts, a/c, whatever it needed at the time

Transmission condition: fine

Glass condition: fine

Type of tire and remaining tread: 225/35 18" I think they're almost new, about $135 ea. W speed rated I believe.

Type of wheels: Lexus SC430 "age of machines" type bought from forum member

Interior condition: Fine, except leather on seats has a few small tears from wayward German Shepard. Glove box won't unlock.

Body condition: OK, not perfect by any means: dings, small dents, clear coat fade top of rear quarters. Looks good from 25 feet.

Everything I can think of:
Bought from orig owner, a city cop, about 3 years ago. He must have parked it in a small crowded lot, so there are some dings. CEL on. needs starting fluid to start on very cold days, but then runs great, so there's some kind of cold-enrichment issue. On warmer days it starts fine; we replaced the temp sensor but that's not it, or the sensor wasn't a good one. Recently, the idler pulley for the Alternator/Pwr steering froze. I have a new pulley and belt but have not installed them, too cold out. You can drive it (car is currently registered and current with pollution inspection), but no of course no p/s or alternator charging. When it gets warmer I'll put them on.

Original wheels were thrown out when my son bought the Lexus 18". They look really nice (some edge damage courtesy of being a teenager), but I had to take out the fender liners for clearance (wheels don't rub on the fenders themselves). Exhaust has some leakage at joints, I used muffler cement but it periodically comes out, and I haven't bothered to redo it in the cold, so it's a little noisy (mufflers, cats and pipes are good). It has a very strong motor, and a good tranny. The wheels look really sharp. Climate control heats and cools great, works perfectly. Hood and trunk struts are of the "watch your head" functionality. No rust that I can see. No accidents that I can tell - certainly none since we've owned it. The shoulder belt for the driver started not moving sometimes beginning last year; now it seems to have stopped altogether. I downloaded the troubleshooting files but haven't looked at it. Bottom line: Basically a nice but surplus car, and I can't summon the interest to give it the attention it deserves while it's winter, plus it's taking up valuable driveway real estate. The kids have moved on to SUV's (what do they know?). I put a picture of it in the member galleries.

Asking price: $1,695.00. I am going to sell this car. The only question is how much and when.

Last edited by w261w261; 02-04-2010 at 01:15 PM.