SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 07:26 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
my theory on the disintegration, is turnover

the whole family irl thing, it's great, i'm hoping to become a member of the family, but people that had 92's and bougth them new, have had the car for 11 years, and just get rid of the car for something like a new audi, or bmw, or something, people leave their cars, and leave the community, younger people, likemyself who can get the car for 5000 join in, and don't know everyone already, i hope to become a well liked member of this community.

even now however the community seems much more friendly and personal than other webcomunities that iv'e been in, even others where i know the people irl. the people i've met irl seem more friendly, more likeable, more mature to say the least. and i like that, having come from nasioc, and before that the i-club, i watched it go downhill, as the wrx came out, before the wrx, the community was very very likeable, the people were mature and knowlegable. the general population had a knowledge of the car, and it's history. but then people who had never owned a subaru, or who had never even researched them got wrx's and joined up thinking that they're car was new and exciting, and the best car ever, the rest of the community knew that the usdm wrx wasn't all that, and many got annoyed at the new ignorant young immature wrx drivers and left, and the ones that remained, myself distanced themselves from the wrx kiddies, because they were rude and ignorant, i truely hope that this never ever happens here, because this is a great forum to be a memebr of. and the car alone is a more mature car, and i feel that it instills a measure of maturity in the driver, even if a slight wild side for modding remains, the mods i believe will remain tasteful, the altezza will never ever come our way and witht hat will keep out the riff-raff, that likes that type of mod, things like super and turbochargers, high flow headers, high performance exhausts that do more than just make the car loud, will become the norm, and the forum will evolve into a group of people who don't just mod their car, but have a great respect for the car and what it is, a perfect piece of engineering.

and this is all about maturity, and again as i said the younger people joining up will be a more mature group of young people, again, the car is not an immature car, it's a car for those who seek maturity and refinement.

just my thoguhts

brad.

(please excuse the lack of punctioation and capitalization it's early in the morning and i didn't think that i'd be typing so much)
Old 04-05-2003, 07:33 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: As I don't read his posts any more...

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Idiot Rob.... get a clue! Grow up...

I'm out....

I guess name calling goes both ways.

I thought we are better

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:50 AM

i agree with the lack of happy posts and all. i think we all are having some problems. while i agree that some of rob's posts are nasty, rude, and just plain pointless...sometimes when he is just kidding around, people take offense because of it. i kid around with people on here, most of them i have met in person. after meeting a person face to face, you can get a feel for them and they can for you too. i have met Lwin twice. we have an understanding...we talk on the phone...i consider him a friend of mine. he was just an example, i know other members also that i talk to.

the last thing i want is to have one member drive others away who have been here for a long time. members who have contributed well and who play nice with others. i don't think that is fair.

rob.....when 1 person has a problem with you, it might be their problem...if 2 people have a problem with you, maybe both of them have issues and should see a counsler...if 10 or more people have a problem with you, that means that you have the problem.

i hope i see all of last years Reading goers in Reading this year, i miss you guys! i will be there Sat early evening

i got a really good idea to fix this site...pm me if anyone wants to know

Kelli

ps to the people that are thinking about leaving...please don't, you are the reasons that i stayed on in the first place...and hoping that things get back to normal is the reason i keep coming back.
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:51 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Mike.

Lock this thread please. I've talked to Rob and he is trying to help. He kept his promises before with Chris. I think he will as well with me and michelle.

He is trying to work this out and this thread will just become a big name calling thread and people getting pissed at Rob thread.

Again, I am in for give him a chance and he is limiting himself and his interactions here. Let that be. You can read the whole story in the other room.

He is not going to reply here so just lock this down please.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Porter

This board is going through growing pains.

The exact same thing happened in '00 with the board that we once called Imprezer's Lair, which later became Impreza-RS.com, then I-club.com, and now NASIOC.com. We had to continually reinvent the interface and the userbase due to extreme growth and an influx of people with new ideas and no perspective on the community that they were inserting themselves into.

We lost a great deal of the "family" aspect of the board, but through creative and regulated moderation and a dedication to staying levelheaded in the face of extreme idiocy, we persevered.

It's unfortunate to see so many people getting their feelings hurt because their history and position in the group is not being recognized... I understand it because I went through it too with another group.

I hope that everyone can calmly consider their positive contributions as well as what they have taken from this group and realize that leaving a family because you don't like the attitude of one of the members is a counterproductive way to deal with the situation.

Best wishes to all of you,

Jason Porter
Old 04-05-2003, 09:09 AM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Mike.

Lock this thread please. I've talked to Rob and he is trying to help. He kept his promises before with Chris. I think he will as well with me and michelle.

He is trying to work this out and this thread will just become a big name calling thread and people getting pissed at Rob thread.

Again, I am in for give him a chance and he is limiting himself and his interactions here. Let that be. You can read the whole story in the other room.

He is not going to reply here so just lock this down please.

Lwin

Great post Lwin,

Electronic or not, this is what a "community" is all about. Let's work it out and move on.

Randy ii

Ps: Man, if Randy i is gone that's sure gonna hurt!
Old 04-05-2003, 10:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
my theory on the disintegration, is turnover

the whole family irl thing, it's great, i'm hoping to become a member of the family, but people that had 92's and bougth them new, have had the car for 11 years, and just get rid of the car for something like a new audi, or bmw, or something, people leave their cars, and leave the community, younger people, likemyself who can get the car for 5000 join in, and don't know everyone already, i hope to become a well liked member of this community.

even now however the community seems much more friendly and personal than other webcomunities that iv'e been in, even others where i know the people irl. the people i've met irl seem more friendly, more likeable, more mature to say the least. and i like that, having come from nasioc, and before that the i-club, i watched it go downhill, as the wrx came out, before the wrx, the community was very very likeable, the people were mature and knowlegable. the general population had a knowledge of the car, and it's history. but then people who had never owned a subaru, or who had never even researched them got wrx's and joined up thinking that they're car was new and exciting, and the best car ever, the rest of the community knew that the usdm wrx wasn't all that, and many got annoyed at the new ignorant young immature wrx drivers and left, and the ones that remained, myself distanced themselves from the wrx kiddies, because they were rude and ignorant, i truely hope that this never ever happens here, because this is a great forum to be a memebr of. and the car alone is a more mature car, and i feel that it instills a measure of maturity in the driver, even if a slight wild side for modding remains, the mods i believe will remain tasteful, the altezza will never ever come our way and witht hat will keep out the riff-raff, that likes that type of mod, things like super and turbochargers, high flow headers, high performance exhausts that do more than just make the car loud, will become the norm, and the forum will evolve into a group of people who don't just mod their car, but have a great respect for the car and what it is, a perfect piece of engineering.

and this is all about maturity, and again as i said the younger people joining up will be a more mature group of young people, again, the car is not an immature car, it's a car for those who seek maturity and refinement.

just my thoguhts

brad.

(please excuse the lack of punctioation and capitalization it's early in the morning and i didn't think that i'd be typing so much)
Well said, Brad. I am guessing that you are a member of the younger crowd here. If that is the case then you are a fine example of just how good it can be to have new blood in here. I look forward to meeting you in Reading.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

Great post Lwin,

Electronic or not, this is what a "community" is all about. Let's work it out and move on.

Randy ii

Ps: Man, if Randy i is gone that's sure gonna hurt!
I agree with Randy ii, Lwin. Thanks for your efforts last night to smooth things over with Rob. Tensions were getting pretty high and you kept a level, positive head.

I wouldn't worry about Aredub, Randy. He is not going anywhere. He is just overwhelmed with moderating the site and is too frustrated with everything so he had to step outside for some fresh air. If Rob holds true to his promise with Lwin things will calm down and so will Randy. As long as things begin to heal he will return.

Take your time, Randy(i), we understand. We still better see you in Reading!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Green1995SVX

Sorry about the delay in locking... I slept late today.

Mike
Closed Thread