How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-01-2003, 08:04 PM
tlemmons

Cool A story From Colorado.

On my way home from work tonight I noticed a state patrol car on my tail. Sure enough he hit the lights and pulled me over. The reason was that I had forgotten to tape my temp tag in the back window (just got the car) and actually had left it at home with registration and insurance

After I told him my story he wrote down the VIN and went back to his car radio to talk a while. When he came back he asked where I said I bought it (way out of state) and how much it cost. When I told him the price I paid he frowned and told me he had just bought a silver SVX himself locally. I asked him about it and it was the one I had almost bought just the night before he bought it. I would not quite pay as much as the guy wanted and he would not come down because he had a guy coming the next day to look at it. Talk about a small world.

We talked for a while and I told him about this forum and he said he had checked it out a few times while trying to decide if he wanted to buy the svx. So anyway I know that there is an SVX advacate in uniform around Denver. Thought everyone should know.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:36 PM
JLittell

Wow... That is weird!! Should carry some of those "SVX Club Cars" and handed him one! Where did you pick up you car anyways?
Old 04-01-2003, 10:04 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
OOOOO, now we have "one of them" with us!

Think that would effect him pulling SVX's over?
If so...which way would it effect him?

Or....would a network card become a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card?
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 04-01-2003, 10:05 PM
tlemmons

I got the car out of NJ. Less then half the price of the one here. I got a good deal.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 AM
tlemmons

I had to add to this story. This morning I saw the same cop with a blue SVX pulled over in almost the same spot that he stopped me. Anyone get stopped this morning on C470 outside of Morrison, CO. Just courios if he let you off and/or talked about the SVX for a while.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
When I was looking at my SVX before I bought it, the salesman told me that some kid from another town had driven it and would be back the next day with a deposit. Uh huh, sure. I figured the salesman was full of it, but I put a deposit down myself just in case.

I bought the car, and a year later I ran into a guy who told me that he wanted to buy an SVX 'just like that one,' but somebody else bought it before he got a chance to put a deposit on it.

Ha, weird.

My wife also ran into the previous owner of the car - well, more accurately, the previous owner's son, who traded it in when his dad died. This guy's son was a student in the very small private school my wife taught music for.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE