How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-17-2003, 01:24 AM
The Molinator

Question Better Bearing?

Is there a better bearing YET for the SVX? (Rear, of course.)

I've heard of possible Legacy, Impreza, and Forester bearings (esp. 2003) being used to improve replacement prognosis for rear SVX OEM bearings! I heard (here) that in Canada Subaru is already replacing bad SVX rear bearings with a "better bearing" than OEM! I also heard that SKF has a better bearing (equivalent)!

Does a "BETTER BEARING" exist for us YET?
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 03-17-2003, 01:49 AM

Registered SVX
I have been informed by the local suppliers of Subaru parts ( They are a genuine and very helpfull lot ) that there should be no problems in obtaining rear wheel bearings for some time as several current models are fitted with identical and equivalent bearings.

This would indicate that there could indeed be an improved bearing in the parts bin and the thing to do would be to order on the equivelent part no. rather than the SVX no. so as not to get supplied the original ex old stock. Some research is called for.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-26-2003, 03:37 AM

Can anyone add to this thread? Is there any updated info on this? Motosport Warehouse has some BCA bearings for $170 a pair but I have no idea if they're better quality and worth the price. I have to order bearings immediately, like today!

Curly
Old 03-26-2003, 01:41 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
the legacy bearings are stronger than the impreza bearings, the impreza weighs a good bit less than the svx, and i had my rears fail at around 60k miles i had them replaced w/ impreza bearings, and later found out that the legacy bearings are stronger...

there are probably other stronger compatible bearings out there
Old 03-26-2003, 03:00 PM

Great news! I'll order a Legacy bearing but first, what year and model of the Legacy should I get it from? And, should I get Legacy seals or SVX seals? Any or all part numbers for the job(left rear BTW) would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks a lot for the quick responses. Eventhough my left rear is wobbling a bit, hopefully it'll hold out until I get the bearing replaced :-P

Curly

Last edited by curlykicker; 03-26-2003 at 03:03 PM.