SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 07:34 AM
cjoffe

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

You are wrong there. Please see the link. Its a chrysler engine.

- Ca$h
This guy's driven and written articles about more cars than you've ever even read about. Compared to you and your "Allpar" link, I think I know where I'll put my money.

CJ
Old 11-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
They're right, Ca$h. It's not JUST a chrysler engine. Just like most Chrysler engines aren't totally Chrysler engines. But we won't go into that now.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:50 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Yes, the show was idiotic, but then. . .

. . . consider the source. Ultra-liberal Public Radio. They always preach economy this and frugal that without regard to their soccer-mom, Lexus, BMW and Mercedes SUV-driving audience.

His 'friend' was going to buy a what? A Passat?! Yeah, he'll probably want the W8 (I would), which would mean that he'd pay half again what he would for the ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE, better handling WRX. I have no idea why their giving all this press (and actually, it's good press) to Subaru when that commercial is no more moving (well, maybe to US ) than the already mentioned Nissan. Or how about Mazda (Zoom zoom zoom)? These guys are like 'local color' newspaper columnists. They just couldn't work up any real inspiration, so they decided to rant about nothing. PBS is state-sponsored propaganda anyway.

Ya-a-a-a-a-a-a! My second car is a Volvo! What am I saying?! Please pardon my hypocrisy.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 11-18-2002, 10:29 AM
Green1995SVX

For those in Pittsburgh, I just saw a preview that one of the local stations "Ch 4" is doing a segment on the evening news about Car TV ads depicting high speed driving and shuch. Should be pretty interesting.

Mike
Old 11-18-2002, 12:53 PM
$VX

Sorry, I consider www.allpar.com to be an EXCELLENT source of credible information, in contrast to your 'friend' who's into BMWs. Its a f*cking chrysler engine. They've been usign the exact same engine in export neons for years.

- Ca$h
Old 11-18-2002, 01:26 PM
cjoffe

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Sorry, I consider www.allpar.com to be an EXCELLENT source of credible information, in contrast to your 'friend' who's into BMWs. Its a f*cking chrysler engine. They've been usign the exact same engine in export neons for years.

- Ca$h
Actually, moron, he's not all that fond of BMW's, although he did have an M5 for awhile. In addition to the Mini-S, he's got a '61 Mini, Jag XJ6, Jag XK8, '62 'Vette, and an AC Cobra. He used to race 911's and did articles and photo shoots for Sportscar International.

Or I could listen to you and your neon.... which one of you does the talking BTW??

CJ
Old 11-18-2002, 02:22 PM
$VX

Actually, MORON, I don't have a neon. However, I think a certified website that deals SPECIFICALLY with automotive information is MUCH more credible htan some auto enthusiast. THIS ENGINE HAS BEEN USED IN EXPORT NEONS FOR YEARS.

- Ca$h
Old 11-18-2002, 03:04 PM
cjoffe

From www.allpar.com:
=================
Allpar, a car owner/enthusiast site not associated with DaimlerChrysler, focuses on Chrysler, Jeep, Plymouth, and Dodge cars, minivans, and trucks. We have repairs, histories, car reviews, and pages on Mopar engines (Mopar is a trademark of Chrysler, but is used as slang for Plymouth, Dodge, Jeep, Eagle, DeSoto, and Chrysler cars. We are not Mopar.)

We are not affiliated with Chrylser (www.chrysler.com / www.daimlerchrysler.com). Allpar is owned by Allpar, LLC, of New Jersey. All materials copyright © 1999-2002, David Zatz. Privacy policy | Terms of Service. .
==================

Certified?? You maybe..... can't speak for them.

Why am I even still responding??? End of topic, as far a I am concerned. Rant away if you wish.

CJ
Old 11-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I know I'm not one to talk about taking threads off topic, but, if we continue on these Mopar tirades, every single time we turn around, I'm going to have to start deleting complete threads. This would be a shame, since, often there is good information associated with them. But, enough of the name calling, enough of the Mopar, Dodge, Chrysler stuff. Let's all give it a rest.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-18-2002, 03:29 PM
$VX

No. Someone said the mini is better than a chrysler. I stated one thing, that the mini has a chrysler engine. Then everyone denies it and calls me stupid. So I back it up WITH SPECIFIC information, and now some nimrod is going to say that I"M WRONG because he has a friend? No. I respect you and all, but I can't stand misinformation, and the BMW friend is totally reiterating BS info.

- Ca$h
Old 11-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
YES! Give it a rest! I'm tired of dealing with this crap! It's unnecessary and counterproductive. Quit beatin' your horse unless you're ridin' it out of here.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-18-2002, 07:22 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Instead of deleting threads, just delete certain members.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:26 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Can't you just feel the love.

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 11-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Green1995SVX

I believe to preserve the peace around here, things need to start happening. I am begging you all, PLEASE try to get along. I'm really becomming ashamed of this place.

Lets try to start from scratch AGAIN.

Mike
Closed Thread