Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Cool On the road finaly...

i have had my SVX for like 5 weeks now, cleaned it up and finally got the registration done on Friday. Talk bout thr nicest car ever. This coming weekend it will get all fluids flushed out/changed along with plugs, belts, and coolant temp sensor.
Yesterday wasnt good though- came home, backed into the driveway and went inside for bout an hour then when i came back out to go pick up the coolant sensor i realized that there was a leak in my rear right tire. I went to the closest gas station went from 26psi up to 41psi and drove to the tire place. Found out there was a 3" slash right in the tread. I thought i had 2 years b4 i had to buy tires now got $130 going to one and have to drive on the spare till this afternoon. ohh well trany is good for now and sold my pulsar to my brother-in-law for 3 grand.

You guys think there is anything else i should do to the engine-tranny on saturday?
Old 10-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Green1995SVX

You have to replace the tires in sets of 4... i'll let those with expierance back me up.

Mike
Old 10-29-2002, 08:34 AM
srusvx

MY GOD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u dont replace all four tires u will regret it massivley ..........................and it wont take long to notice the diffrence either, the more u drive on diffrent tires the more money that u WILL have to sink into the car....ur transmission will hate you and start to give u problems....just love ur car and go get all new tires of the same tread.....i know its a nice peace of money but the tranny already has its own problems .....dont give it ne more
Old 10-29-2002, 09:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Unhappy

I agree. It stinks, but you really should bite the bullet and replace all 4 tires at the same time. The only time I might not consider it is if I had just purchased the tires new and knew there was very little to no wear on them.

While we're on the subject, I wonder how much damage is caused by using those temporary spare tires they provide. You'd think they'd provide full size spares to minimize the damage caused.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Boone

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny

While we're on the subject, I wonder how much damage is caused by using those temporary spare tires they provide. You'd think they'd provide full size spares to minimize the damage caused.
Hmm.. that is why there is that fuse position to disable AWD.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

ok looks like new tired then. i have 3 for sale they more than half life in them Guess that means ill be getting better than that are on there, more $. oh well life goes on. What are the best priced to quality all season tires? also should i pull the fuse while the spare is on there?
Old 10-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Boone

Absolutely... INSERT the fuse to temporarily disable the AWD. The FWD light in the instrument cluster should come on. B.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:24 AM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Does putting the spare tire on the front do any less damage, as opposed to the rear?
Old 10-29-2002, 02:42 PM
srusvx

Well if i were you a good set of tires to look into is the Dunlop sports (SPA2). they are really good tires and right now at saers they are on sale for about 110 a peice.... they will do good for u in ne weather

Don
Old 10-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

well i replaced one and the rest will be in on thursday, I will just do minimal driving and take it slow for the next 2 days then i will be back to normal. I still think it is crazy that tires cost as much a a nice set of rims. But anything to keep the SVX happy. i would think bout dunlops but driving to sears would probibly do the tranny in if it made much of a difference. It is 20 miles to there and would have to do at least 40 or i would get pulled over.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
well i replaced one and the rest will be in on thursday, I will just do minimal driving and take it slow for the next 2 days then i will be back to normal. I still think it is crazy that tires cost as much a a nice set of rims. But anything to keep the SVX happy. i would think bout dunlops but driving to sears would probibly do the tranny in if it made much of a difference. It is 20 miles to there and would have to do at least 40 or i would get pulled over.
Don't forget about the FWD fuse!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Boone
Absolutely... INSERT the fuse to temporarily disable the AWD. The FWD light in the instrument cluster should come on. B.
I wasn't aware of that. You da man, Boone!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.