Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
The Reading Xiii Countdown Clock

READING .XIII .WILL. BE .HELD .ON .APRIL. 26-29,. 2012

The exact time remaining until it begins can always be found

HERE

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 07-08-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: The Reading Xiii Countdown Clock

Is this being combined with the 20th anniversary celebration? If not, I may be able to find some sponsors of the celebration.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

There have been no concrete efforts for any sort of 20th anniversary meet. No real decisions on dates, locations, accommodations, activities, etc. i really believe that, like the 15th Anniversary, it will never happen. just look at the posts on those forums.

That being said, there is no reason we could not celebrate Reading XIII AND commemorate the 20th Anniversary at the same time. Reading always had the distinction of being the most successful SVX meet. We should recognize this milestone, just like the 10th Anniversary of Reading.

At least the Japanese are maintaining their momentum and enthusiasm...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Sponsors would be great.

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 06-28-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
There have been no concrete efforts for any sort of 20th anniversary meet. No real decisions on dates, locations, accommodations, activities, etc. i really believe that, like the 15th Anniversary, it will never happen. just look at the posts on those forums.

That being said, there is no reason we could not celebrate Reading XIII AND commemorate the 20th Anniversary at the same time. Reading always had the distinction of being the most successful SVX meet. We should recognize this milestone, just like the 10th Anniversary of Reading.

At least the Japanese are maintaining their momentum and enthusiasm...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Sponsors would be great.

I will give it a try. The problem is that most of the potential sponsors I know are in NY. When I think of towns that are inundated with Subarus, for example, I think of Ithaca, NY...Rochester, NY...Syracuse, NY and every town north of Freeport, Maine.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

READING .XIII+ .WILL. BE .HELD .ON .APRIL. 26-29,. 2012

And the reason for adding a third day? Click HERE to find out.

Last edited by svxcess; 07-08-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

I should be able to come *knock on wood* (or fake dashboard wood for that matter)

I am not in academics that week, yay tech-voc school.

I should be able to donate a moderately damaged but still functioning belt cover. You would need the bolts though. No promises yet however.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
I am not in academics that week, yay tech-voc school.
I went that route for high school. We are having our 25th reunion this summer. I can't believe it has gone by that fast. We did an "exploratory" period freshman year where we went through every "shop". I learned how to run a lathe and milling machine...how to do electrical wiring...how to solder pipes...how to take apart a small engine...that I suck at carpentry...

I went into electronics as I was always fascinated by that stuff. One thing lead to the next and I eventually found myself in the EE Ph.D. program at MIT. You never know what the future holds so don't let anyone tell you that you can't go to a good college out of vo-tech or that you can't do anything else in life for that matter...for any reason. If you want to do it...go for it. You won't get or achieve everything you go for but going for it is the only way to have a chance.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I went that route for high school. We are having our 25th reunion this summer. I can't believe it has gone by that fast. We did an "exploratory" period freshman year where we went through every "shop". I learned how to run a lathe and milling machine...how to do electrical wiring...how to solder pipes...how to take apart a small engine...that I suck at carpentry...

I went into electronics as I was always fascinated by that stuff. One thing lead to the next and I eventually found myself in the EE Ph.D. program at MIT. You never know what the future holds so don't let anyone tell you that you can't go to a good college out of vo-tech or that you can't do anything else in life for that matter...for any reason. If you want to do it...go for it. You won't get or achieve everything you go for but going for it is the only way to have a chance.
Thats very cool. We also had exploratory. That was alot of fun. I was really bad at cosmo Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I sometimes hear that Tech voc schools are bad but i just think to myself that I already have an education in a field I work in. We also get industry certifications at are school so that puts us ahead of the game. I went into the Computer Technology shop.
Two years ago one of our Bio-Tech graduates went to MIT

Enjoy the reunion. That should be alot of fun.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

157 days (about 5 months) to go

Haven't gotten a lot of input, ideas, support or interest so far.

Seems like this is going nowhere fast...

Last edited by svxcess; 11-20-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Registered SVX

I'd be willing to sponsor through my side business and pony up a couple small items as door prizes And I may be able to get my warehouse guys to sponsor for some lighting/Sparco supplies (HIR 9011/9012 bulbs, H3 +50% fog bulbs, pedal covers, etc). If someone wants to PM me all the details or a sort of plan and and idea of how many are showing up, I'll pitch it to em and see what they are willing to pony up We do have an auxiliary light mounting bar that is made locally here in Reading for WRX's (also fits the Legacy and Outback, as well as our cars) that I may be able to have them throw in that allows you to mount almost any aftermarket fog or driving lamp Or even a Supertone horn kit (the dual tone red bodied ones that are on almost EVERY WRX out there )

I'll definitely throw out a couple of items for door prizes, most likely a couple small Optimum brand car care kits and possibly a few MEDS Restorem headlamp kits (by far the best lens refinishing kit on the market, comes with enough to do 2 vehicles, which we've done 3 vehicles with each application 2 applications per box, and includes an instructional DVD in each kit).

I'll also extend a discount to the forum members if they want to order through me in the future

One more thing to add, I may even be able to get my other group of guys from the Fiero forum together if anyone is interested in a cruise We usually get a decent turn out with one of our cruises

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 11-21-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: details details details :p
Old 12-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Registered SVX

John, you must be counting sheep, I mean svxs in your head
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Registered SVX

I might make a surprise visit . Wife has a relative in Wilks Barre. If I can set up a dialysis machine at there place , it is only a short ride then to Reading (86 miles ) . We would need to take to cars to Wilks Barre ( 209 miles ) God willing and the creek don't rise<LOL>
Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
John, you must be counting sheep, I mean svxs in your head
Don't really start counting until we're in the double digits.

Right now, not enough room in my head to keep the 137 SVX's straight.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Don't really start counting until we're in the double digits.

Right now, not enough room in my head to keep the 137 SVX's straight.

so you are counting?
STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 4 You View Post
so you are counting?
Not really counting. I leave that to the countdown timer on my desktop.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: