Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

it will essentially be the same as I have it set up right now with the motorsport stage III CAI in the wheel well here is a pic of how I have it now. Maf will remain the same location for stage I and stage II filter will attach directly to the maf on stage I and will attach to a pipe routed into the wheel well for stage II and stage III
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-11-24 08.51.03.jpg (510.3 KB, 942 views)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

I have a couple questions. You state that the pipe from the throttle body to the MAF will be 3" and later that it will be similar to the TomSVX intake. Is it going to be partially two tube from throttle body to a 3 inch collector like Tom's (and the other designer involved-senior moment--forgot who)? Specifically will it be a single 3 inch pipe to the throttle body with 2 intake holes like the stock or two pipe to a collector? A picture of the Tom intake is attached.

The answer to the second question is probably obvious, but is essential. Will it include inlets for all the stock vacuum and breather lines? The angle of these inlets is important.

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IntakeDesign.JPG (357.3 KB, 304 views)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 AM

Registered SVX

Ok so on the stage 2 the filter is inside the wheel wheel/fender.
How do you access it to clean it?
Does it require removing the fender? Or pulling the wheel and removing the fender liner?
Or does it fit through the hole in the inside the engine bay that leads to fender?
Or do I have to cut a bigger hole?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

OK so I hope I can answer these questions and have it make sense to everyone this time, I swear I've answered almost all of them so far, but maybe I wasn't completely clear.

Q: Is the end that connects to the throttlebodies going to collect in the location that the Tomyx did or up further like the stock air hose?
A: It will be almost identical to the tomyx on the top end with a little twist of my own that will be identical flow wise but more aesthetically pleasing.

Q: Where is the filter for Stage II and III going to be located?
A: it will be in the wheel well where the stock snuffer box is located. you must remove both ends of the stock intake system from the vehicle from the maf onward.

There is a box that is located inside the engine bay that is composed of two parts, one that connects to both the maf as well as is bolted to the air intake that comes from the wheel well already which some call the snuffer, the second part is the top that you are able to open to replace the stock drop in filter. To install any of intakes you must remove this. The second part forward of the maf is the snuffer. you must remove the mud guard that goes over the wheel to access this. (I've done it with the wheel still on you just need to rotate it. At this point you unbolt the snuffer and discard it. Then you will feed the pipe from CAI through the hole in the side of the engine bay where air was sucked in from your stock intake. The way I am planning on designing it you must feed it from the engine bay side and attach the filter afterwards from the fender side.

No modification is needed, this will use all stock bolt locations and the maf will remain in it's stock location. As far as from the maf to the two throttle bodies it's the same procedure, just remove and replace.

Q: Will all the connections for all the vacuum lines be present?

A: All necessary connections will be present, if we decide to consolidate them when we get to finishing the design all necessary parts will be included in the kit.

I hope these answers are more clear, if anyone has any more questions feel free to answer.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

Please keep vacuum ports in the stock locations, and make all bends as smooth as possible. Just saw a picture of the TOMSVX intake, and after it splits into two pipes, there are a pair of INCREDIBLY tight bends that WILL seperate the flow of air inside the intake pipe, reducing the power that part can ultimately make.

I don't care so much if the intake takes liberties with underhood space, but it must use all factory mounts and allow vacuum hoses to connect without modification.

Finally, it must make more power than stock and last longer too.

Sorry, but I'm very picky about the parts I put on my cars. Must be a better part, from an engineering standpoint, than what it replaces.

Last edited by SoobCrazy; 10-14-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

post deleted...

I don't wanna step on your toes John
Old 10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
Just saw a picture of the TOMSVX intake, and after it splits into two pipes, there are a pair of INCREDIBLY tight bends that WILL seperate the flow of air inside the intake pipe, reducing the power that part can ultimately make.

Finally, it must make more power than stock and last longer too.
First, the "tight" turns are necessary or it will not fit. Second, the split pipes do NOT restrict air flow.

The design is dyno proven to increase horsepower.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
post deleted...

I don't wanna step on your toes John
nate you bein a hater....
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
nate you bein a hater....
Actually I was going to say the same thing lhopp said pretty much, I just thought I'd rather let you explain your own product.

BTW, I may be interested, I have to see what my plans are for my car since I just recently got an itch to do things to the silver
Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

uh oh and so it begins...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

for the doubters there will be dyno results etc for comparison between the following:
OEM intake system on a stock SVX
Motorsport Stage III CAI (with green filter) on a stock vehicle
Motorsport Stage III CAI on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage I on a stock vehicle
TruSpeed Stage I on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage II on a stock SVX
TruSpeed Stage III on a modified SVX with hydra (hydra is required for stageIII)

and finally a few new maps will be released within the next month:

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage II Map and TruSpeed NA SVX Stage III Map

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage II Map will be tuned to our Stage I Short Ram with catback exhaust

TruSpeed NA SVX Stage III Tune that will be for SVX's with Stage III CAI and full headerback Exhaust
Old 10-30-2010, 02:18 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Good luck Johnny!

Actually, you should make the intake for your own enjoyment. Just share your results be it positive or negative. As long as you are happy with it is all that counts.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 10-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Cool man way to step up with mods for us!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Work on this and a few other projects will continue post SEMA/EFI this coming long weekend for us. We've been super busy trying to get new products and services set up as well as getting our name out there! more later
Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

ok so the time is here to make this happen we had a ton of fun at SEMA and met a lot of awesome people, learned a lot at EFI and are ready to get back to work. I will need the pay out for those who wanted the intakes so that we can get them produced, so if you can all send me a pm with your email address so I can send ya a paypal invoice that would be awesome! Thanks again!
Closed Thread