SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Hypothesis: Hyundai Elantra drivers are complete f***tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
So wait... You are saying your Jag has more than any beemer?? I mean, there is no Jag that will outrun the newer M cars... I mean the new models are getting a twin turbo charged v8 in place of the 10cyl. They have been running, very successfully might I add, flappy paddle boxes since the E39 in all their M cars. I was merely jutting at your car in particular.

As for the std trans... Thats all my preference. I like to put my car into the gear I want it to go to when I want with as much clutch slip as I want... Not what they car thinks I want.

And just so you know...

///Tom
Congrats, you must have gotten your car back as by your putting words in my mouth I'm sure you spent your trip home breathing CO.

My Jag has more what than any Bimmer? Where did I say that?

The 11 XJR is sporting a 5.0 540hp engine and in Europe (including Germany_ the XJ has been outselling the 7 series (which it is now classed with). The XFR is sporting the same engine with 520hp, Both cars weigh it quite a bit less than anything but a 3 series.

The biggest mistake Jaguar made in the late 90s was their choice of the same tranny that auto m5s had at the time, it unfortuantely sucked and set them back quite a few years. Thankfully Jaguar felt the R needed and upgraded tranny compared to the XJ at the time and went with a much stronger box. As for the J gate, remember, Jaguar has tradition that the buyers insist on. BMW has no such tradition. I mean who wants to emulate the cloth seats in a 318ts anyway.

Oh and I posted that U-tube link pages back. It only proves my point. There is nothing your bland German Oakley holder can do that the XJR can't nearly as well but simply looking better doing it... Or just sitting still (which your car seems to be doing a lot of as of late). BMW spent what 8 generations of cars and billions of dollars to catch up with a car designed before you were born. They must make good cars. Car and Driver told me so.

Last edited by benebob; 08-04-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Congrats, you must have gotten your car back as by your putting words in my mouth I'm sure you spent your trip home breathing CO.

My Jag has more what than any Bimmer? Where did I say that?

The 11 XJR is sporting a 5.0 540hp engine and in Europe (including Germany_ the XJ has been outselling the 7 series (which it is now classed with). The XFR is sporting the same engine with 520hp, Both cars weigh it quite a bit less than anything but a 3 series.

The biggest mistake Jaguar made in the late 90s was their choice of the same tranny that auto m5s had at the time, it unfortuantely sucked and set them back quite a few years. Thankfully Jaguar felt the R needed and upgraded tranny compared to the XJ at the time and went with a much stronger box. As for the J gate, remember, Jaguar has tradition that the buyers insist on. BMW has no such tradition. I mean who wants to emulate the cloth seats in a 318ts anyway.

Oh and I posted that U-tube link pages back. It only proves my point. There is nothing your bland German Oakley holder can do that the XJR can't nearly as well but simply looking better doing it... Or just sitting still (which your car seems to be doing a lot of as of late). BMW spent what 8 generations of cars and billions of dollars to catch up with a car designed before you were born. They must make good cars. Car and Driver told me so.
Didn't see the link... Just found it the other day looking for specs on your car which seems to have had the same body style for the last 50 years.

Its been fun going back and forth about it but simply put, the Jag isn't sporty enough. The suspension is too soft, its an auto, its not N/A, and quite frankly... its british. Of course all IMHO but thats why I prefer the BMW. I will indeed meet you at the track in Sept if you are seriously gonna go. Been too long since we got to race eachother

Tom
Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Didn't see the link... Just found it the other day looking for specs on your car which seems to have had the same body style for the last 50 years.

Its been fun going back and forth about it but simply put, the Jag isn't sporty enough. The suspension is too soft, its an auto, its not N/A, and quite frankly... its british. Of course all IMHO but thats why I prefer the BMW. I will indeed meet you at the track in Sept if you are seriously gonna go. Been too long since we got to race eachother

Tom
It actually isn't soft, once you've convinced the suspension computer that your not out for ice cream. Again, you have never driven one or had a classy enough friend to be in one so how would you know. Even soft it does not like to brake a bit in the dry. I'd also place a sizable wager that you have more british electrinics in your car then I have in mine. BMW is the biggest customer of Lucas parts today.

Provided all goes well at work in the meantime Sept. should work just fine on my end. I though you were turning into Bill. Maybe your skills will have improved enough that you won't be utterly embarrassed by "inferior" antique technology.

You are starting to realize one thing though that Jaguar's styling is so far superior to anything BMW has ever done. They are one of the few companies able to continue to sell without the need for a 5 year new platform. They never go out of style.

Oh and I'm sure you have no clue what car actually got thrown at the end.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
It actually isn't soft, once you've convinced the suspension computer that your not out for ice cream. Again, you have never driven one or had a classy enough friend to be in one so how would you know. Even soft it does not like to brake a bit in the dry. I'd also place a sizable wager that you have more british electrinics in your car then I have in mine. BMW is the biggest customer of Lucas parts today.

Provided all goes well at work in the meantime Sept. should work just fine on my end. I though you were turning into Bill. Maybe your skills will have improved enough that you won't be utterly embarrassed by "inferior" antique technology.

You are starting to realize one thing though that Jaguar's styling is so far superior to anything BMW has ever done. They are one of the few companies able to continue to sell without the need for a 5 year new platform. They never go out of style.

Oh and I'm sure you have no clue what car actually got thrown at the end.

Was guessing an old 3 series convertible Do you have a link handy for the registration for the event?

Tom
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM

No but I may have a prob. I thought it was a Sunday Monday. Let me do a little more research.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: