SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Hypothesis: Hyundai Elantra drivers are complete f***tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
At least they had a v12 in them... something worth the hassle of such an hideous car

Tom
Kia ora Tom,

When BMW produce a car which is as significant in the market place as has been Jaguar, you can talk.

The proof of the pudding has been proven over a number of years right here in New Zealand, refer. ---

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...ACHAM+MK2.html

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...AM+E-TYPE.html

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...HAM+XK150.html

You will argue that a BMW does not require to be re engineered, but neither did these Jaguars at the time they were built. Because of there design and merits they remain timeless and of lasting value. No BMW is, was, or ever will be, within this class of automobile, regardless of constant advertising blurb and under table payments to the media. Fact is fact and advertised BS is exactly that.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Ouchies... Its too bad it doesn't stack up... More power out of an N/a engine, std gearbox because thats what real cars should have, better handling, and the looks.... oh theres that

I don't use duct tape and wd40 to fix my cars and quite honestly don't feel like working on it myself right now, so off to service for proper repair

Tom

More power huh, you have all of 24hp more but have 19 pound feet less at peak and your powerband looks like the rockies. I guess you must be spending a little too much time with some Honda ricers. Oh and how many more CCs do you need to get ithat monsterous power out?

Funny, Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo are moving on from manual trannies. They can put the power to the road better and more consistantly with a manumatic. I didn't want to have to tow with a stick nor do I want to have to replace clutches every other oil change. It is simple enough that when you have a nice flat torque band and not a crappy BMW auto in there you don't need to spend your waist your time shifting to keep in that Honda like poweband.

How much does your car tow anyway? Can you even put a small trailer back there to tow your golf clubs that don't fit in the trunk? Oh and handling, your edge is so slight according to the numbers that you'd need to upgrade what's behind the oakleys to keep up.

Oh that's right you prefer virtual racing to actual racing. Its less embarassing to ya
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Kia ora Tom,

When BMW produce a car which is as significant in the market place as has been Jaguar, you can talk.

The proof of the pudding has been proven over a number of years right here in New Zealand, refer. ---

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...ACHAM+MK2.html

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...AM+E-TYPE.html

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/MARQ...HAM+XK150.html

You will argue that a BMW does not require to be re engineered, but neither did these Jaguars at the time they were built. Because of there design and merits they remain timeless and of lasting value. No BMW is, was, or ever will be, within this class of automobile, regardless of constant advertising blurb and under table payments to the media. Fact is fact and advertised BS is exactly that.
Don't get me wrong, jag makes a great luxury car. Sporty... not so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
More power huh, you have all of 24hp more but have 19 pound feet less at peak and your powerband looks like the rockies. I guess you must be spending a little too much time with some Honda ricers. Oh and how many more CCs do you need to get ithat monsterous power out?

Funny, Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo are moving on from manual trannies. They can put the power to the road better and more consistantly with a manumatic. I didn't want to have to tow with a stick nor do I want to have to replace clutches every other oil change. It is simple enough that when you have a nice flat torque band and not a crappy BMW auto in there you don't need to spend your waist your time shifting to keep in that Honda like poweband.

How much does your car tow anyway? Can you even put a small trailer back there to tow your golf clubs that don't fit in the trunk? Oh and handling, your edge is so slight according to the numbers that you'd need to upgrade what's behind the oakleys to keep up.

Oh that's right you prefer virtual racing to actual racing. Its less embarassing to ya
Who tows with a sedan?? I mean what the hell kind of sports car comparison is based on what it can tow?? My clubs and two other sets fit in the trunk just fine along with my tool set.

Enjoy your slush box, you don't even get those stupid flappy paddles do you? Let me know the first time you go to accelerate out of an apex and the car downshifts unexpectedly and lets it all come around... I will be laughing through that corner

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
that's hot!

i'll raise you:

The S type which uses the same platform as the Lincoln LS simply shows how good Jaguar is at taking what their told to do and provide the best possible outcome. Looks a hell of a lot better than the car on which it was based and actually fits that retrostyle quite well. Granted I would never touch one with a 10 foot pole but looks a heck of a lot better than virtually any badge engineered cars out there in the past 20 years.

As for the XJS, lets review what was being made at the same time as that was designed/ Chrysler was still making replacing its horns with "there she blows", Subaru was bringing us the FF1 and BMWs flagship was the wonderfly designed and built Bavaria (I know where you can get a beautiful example of one Tom if you want to explore your proud roots).

Oh and that group 44 XJS ran like stink beating out virtually all competition in racing for nearly 2 years when it was banned in the spirit of competition. While I wouldn't search out one, I would still be happy to drive a later 6 cylinder version for a beater car as it is a hoot to drive just quite cramped in headroom department. Just like most any other late 60s early 70s sports car design.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, jag makes a great luxury car. Sporty... not so well

Who tows with a sedan?? I mean what the hell kind of sports car comparison is based on what it can tow?? My clubs and two other sets fit in the trunk just fine along with my tool set.

Enjoy your slush box, you don't even get those stupid flappy paddles do you? Let me know the first time you go to accelerate out of an apex and the car downshifts unexpectedly and lets it all come around... I will be laughing through that corner

Tom
It is obvious you have never driven one. You'd just prefer to let the Cannonball Run yahoo croud warp your sense of reality.

You sir do not own a sports car, you own a sports sedan just like a Pontiac GTO owner. I have no need to buy anyother vehicle just to do my towing. Obviously BMW thinks you should go buy yourself an X5 for that. Oh wait, you can't put a trailer brake controller on one anyways as it will void your warranty.

No I have no paddle shifters, Jaguar has used what is called the J-gate, which they have used since, well the last Bavaria passed a safety inspection. I can choose my gears easily at will.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
It is obvious you have never driven one. You'd just prefer to let the Cannonball Run yahoo croud warp your sense of reality.

You sir do not own a sports car, you own a sports sedan just like a Pontiac GTO owner. I have no need to buy anyother vehicle just to do my towing. Obviously BMW thinks you should go buy yourself an X5 for that. Oh wait, you can't put a trailer brake controller on one anyways as it will void your warranty.

No I have no paddle shifters, Jaguar has used what is called the J-gate, which they have used since, well the last Bavaria passed a safety inspection. I can choose my gears easily at will.
So you have the chose the gear but don't want a std gearbox?? So just letting the extra power go bye bye to the heat built up by that slushy slushy is just how you want to spend the lack of power that supercharged engine makes? **** I had a blown 3.3 6 cyl in an SVX making more power than that thing does.

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I've even trapped opposums and groundhogs and then proceeded to put the trap in the trunk,drive 5 miles and let them go. How many of you would do that with your svx, bmw or jag?
I've thrown 2 cats in a trap in the trunk of my svx to relocate them. Does that count?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Who tows with a sedan??

Tom
+10000000000000

Sorry to interrupt, you two can get back to your "squabbling"
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I honestly miss my corolla since it was my less than $1k utility vehicle. I threw my surfboards/snowboards in. I drove it into manhattan and parallel parked it anywhere I pleased. I'd load it up with groceries, hit surrounding shpping carts that I deemed as in the way. I've even trapped opposums and groundhogs and then proceeded to put the trap in the trunk,drive 5 miles and let them go. How many of you would do that with your svx, bmw or jag?

I put a rental concrete bull float and 3 poles in my XJR just today. Will put them back in tomorrow for the return trip.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
So you have the chose the gear but don't want a std gearbox?? So just letting the extra power go bye bye to the heat built up by that slushy slushy is just how you want to spend the lack of power that supercharged engine makes? **** I had a blown 3.3 6 cyl in an SVX making more power than that thing does.

Tom
Then you should have no problems proving that in Sept. will you there every excuse in the BILL?

No I do not have to choose the gear Again, you're simply showing your lack of knowledge on the XJR. I have the option to choose any gear I want when I want. You know, just a little invention that those technologically challenged Brits came up with when those Germans were still driving around with their rusty Isettas. Now if it had the same size supercharger you were running it would be making in the ballpark of 550hp. Oh wait, it just so happens the 11 XJR does just that. I'm more than content with having a do it all sport sedan that I can actually take to the mountains with camper and family in to rather then take up space in the driveway with a crappy Tahoe tow vehicle with lovely platic wood.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Then you should have no problems proving that in Sept. will you there every excuse in the BILL?

No I do not have to choose the gear Again, you're simply showing your lack of knowledge on the XJR. I have the option to choose any gear I want when I want. You know, just a little invention that those technologically challenged Brits came up with when those Germans were still driving around with their rusty Isettas. Now if it had the same size supercharger you were running it would be making in the ballpark of 550hp. Oh wait, it just so happens the 11 XJR does just that. I'm more than content with having a do it all sport sedan that I can actually take to the mountains with camper and family in to rather then take up space in the driveway with a crappy Tahoe tow vehicle with lovely platic wood.
You have a Caravan??? (thinking of topgear references here)

The blower on the SVX was undersized to say the least. Running 9psi boost is what most stock charged cars run.

As for the gear box, I know full well what manumatic is. I have always hated them... No clutch, no love.

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Hater

i'm picturing this:

"Shag-uar, baby, yeah!"

"Shhhhhh .... frickin' BMW!"

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 08-04-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
he has 2 of them
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:

The blower on the SVX was undersized to say the least. Running 9psi boost is what most stock charged cars run.

As for the gear box, I know full well what manumatic is. I have always hated them... No clutch, no love.

Tom
At least I don't have a breeder buggie, oh wait you sold yours. I have a vehicle that suits all of my needs and is faster than yours which is so poorly designed it wouldn't meet 1/3rd of my needs.

Again, you're showing your Car and Driver lack of knowledge. Try a measly 6psi for the Jag although 12psi is only a pulley and a belt away but I've yet to see the need.

When you don't need a clutch why put it on? Maybe one of these days BMW might actually design a auto tranny worth a darn. 90 percent of the XJ8s with their lovely box loose their tranny in the first 100k. That's enough reason for me not to buy a BMW automatic. They're too dumb to build one that works.

Once BMW gain some actual TRACK experience, then we can talk, until then go bench race with your Honda buddies. Isetta racing on Sunday!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
At least I don't have a breeder buggie, oh wait you sold yours. I have a vehicle that suits all of my needs and is faster than yours which is so poorly designed it wouldn't meet 1/3rd of my needs.

Again, you're showing your Car and Driver lack of knowledge. Try a measly 6psi for the Jag although 12psi is only a pulley and a belt away but I've yet to see the need.

When you don't need a clutch why put it on? Maybe one of these days BMW might actually design a auto tranny worth a darn. 90 percent of the XJ8s with their lovely box loose their tranny in the first 100k. That's enough reason for me not to buy a BMW automatic. They're too dumb to build one that works.

Once BMW gain some actual TRACK experience, then we can talk, until then go bench race with your Honda buddies. Isetta racing on Sunday!
So wait... You are saying your Jag has more than any beemer?? I mean, there is no Jag that will outrun the newer M cars... I mean the new models are getting a twin turbo charged v8 in place of the 10cyl. They have been running, very successfully might I add, flappy paddle boxes since the E39 in all their M cars. I was merely jutting at your car in particular.

As for the std trans... Thats all my preference. I like to put my car into the gear I want it to go to when I want with as much clutch slip as I want... Not what they car thinks I want.

And just so you know...

///Tom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: