Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
junk yard svx.

i swear i saw a thread for junk yard subies, but i didnt see it... i may be blind, idk, sorry if so.

car is located in wadsworth pick n pull, on hwy 41 and 173, just off the interstate, just crossing the wi/il border off of I94.

anyhow, 92 pearlie, dont know if its fwd or awd, but car is CLEAN for the most part. engine and trans are still there, minus the intake manifold and throttle bodies, one injector is gone. both front seats were gone, along with the rear i believe. headlights/tail lights are still intact and in great condition, whats left of the interior is still very clean, spoiler on decklid is gone, and wheels are gone. trunk trim is brand new looking and intact, along with the interior. no sunroof(which looks better on the headliner than my sunroof...

anyhow, theres alot of parts there for anyone looking, and if you need any small parts you cant find, text me at 262-705-2801 with your name, or leave a message and ill see if i can pull them on a day off. i wont be able to phone calls till tomorrow, but i can text back within an hour if its slow at work.

sorry again if this is in the wrong section.

that windshield is calling my name on that car... it sounds like a pita job though...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM

Registered SVX
Re: junk yard svx.

I believe all SVX from 1992 are AWD

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM

lol, that answers that question!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Pulling an SVX windshield is a PITA job, to be sure. The last one I tried, I got 90% out and then it cracked! Tore my hands up with the piano wire I was using to cut it out too. (gloves? what gloves...)

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 PM

i talked to pick n pull., they said 45 dollars... with that price, theres no way i CANT try.

since they crush their cars, i wouldnt feel bad cutting the pillars, and along the roof, to slowly work the seal out... but i dont know.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Yeah, that's a good price. Just remember that patience is a virtue- allow yourself plenty of time and don't hurry! Also, never touch the glass with a rigid steel tool (knife blade, screwdriver, etc.) if you can at all avoid it., and never push on the glass unless you're absolutely sure it's free of the frame.

I never thought of cutting the roof or the A-pillars. Might be worth a try if pick-n-pull will let you bring in a body saw.

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 AM

i have a sawzall with all special steel cutting blade, the blade alone was like 29 dollars. im really afraid to damage it. my biggest worry is pulling mine out, the crack starts about 10 inches from the top of the glass, and goes across to abuot 6 inches shy of the other side. this should be fun.

so no one needs anything to be puilled? headlights, tail lights, pearlie fender or something?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
i have a sawzall with all special steel cutting blade, the blade alone was like 29 dollars. im really afraid to damage it. my biggest worry is pulling mine out, the crack starts about 10 inches from the top of the glass, and goes across to abuot 6 inches shy of the other side. this should be fun.

so no one needs anything to be puilled? headlights, tail lights, pearlie fender or something?
Raul, all you have to do is just simply smash your glass out and vacuum up the glass. This will preserve your gasket for proper re-use.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Raul, all you have to do is just simply smash your glass out and vacuum up the glass. This will preserve your gasket for proper re-use.
Or buy a new one (which I recommend). Part number is 65021PA000

They are running at $30 on subaruparts... Dunno why that expensive though, I got it priced in Dubai for $12 and the rear (65046GA240) for $7

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
since they crush their cars, i wouldnt feel bad cutting the pillars, and along the roof, to slowly work the seal out... but i dont know.
That sounds like a good way to break the windshield.

Quote:
That is a horrible idea, you'll be finding glass for years. It is not hard to get a broken windshield out in one piece, they hold together surprisingly well. We did a 4" chop on the roof of an S10 Blazer and are using the stock windshield by laying back the pillars. The windshield was cracked when we got it and we cracked it about a dozen more times cutting it out. It still holds its shape and we have it duct taped back in until we finish a few things and are able to get a new one put in.

Last edited by Elliott; 04-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Or buy a new one (which I recommend). Part number is 65021PA000

They are running at $30 on subaruparts... Dunno why that expensive though, I got it priced in Dubai for $12 and the rear (65046GA240) for $7
Danny, that is not the part for the actual windshield moulding (sp). The part for the entire windshield can only be received directly from Subaru when ordering an entirely new OEM windshield. They cannot be ordered separately whatsoever. This topic has been discussed many, many times and confirmed just as many times.

Elliot, you are right I am sure. I just like breaking things.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Our shop truck is an S10 pickup my boss got free years ago because it was wrecked, the door glass and back glass were broken. His daughter owned the truck for a while after it was fixed and pulled the seat out and the carpet to get all of the glass shards out of it. A couple months ago I had to do a heater core on it and ended up with glass in my arm.

Smashing glass is no fun when you have to clean it up.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Danny, that is not the part for the actual windshield moulding (sp). The part for the entire windshield can only be received directly from Subaru when ordering an entirely new OEM windshield. They cannot be ordered separately whatsoever. This topic has been discussed many, many times and confirmed just as many times.

Wow, didn't know. What is this part then Nate? Checking it from the website, it seems it is the rubber frame.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Wow, didn't know. What is this part then Nate? Checking it from the website, it seems it is the rubber frame.
That part is the "air dam rubber" and it only goes on the inside of the windshield around the bottom from what I understand. Even the chinese made windshields do not come with the full moulding so the existing one must be carefully saved and re-used for either a used windshield or the chinese aftermarket windshields. It is very deceiving especially looking at any of the online parts catalogs with diagrams. I have heard of some places using some type of sealer in the event that the existing rubber is not usable but it would have to be carefully done to prevent any leaks as well as any moisture being trapped and causing corrosion.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 AM

Registered SVX

If you masked everything off and taped off your vents and were really careful you probably could get all the glass out pretty easily. You could always pay a professional though. Better than accidentally breaking it and having glass go everywhere.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted