IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 AM

Re: Moving on

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaze148 View Post
Trevor
Have not gotten on line for a while.
I'm shocked about the wheel. Honestly, there was not a noise from the from right wheel before I gave it to the trucker.
So sorry your having that problem. It's unacceptable that they could have done something that extreme.
Trevor,
About the brakes. Tom put all new shoes on about 3500 miles ago. It should state that on the work order I sent you????
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 AM

Question Re: Moving on

Quote:
Trevor,
About the brakes. Tom put all new shoes on about 3500 miles ago. It should state that on the work order I sent you????
Sorry, keep thinking about addt'l comments.
It's good that the company took responsibility, because I took all around pics, as it was being loaded. No damaged wheel. How could they have done that ?????
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM

If you need a stock wheel, for the shipping company to buy for your, I have a few. A whole set, actually, but they don't match on color, and some of the paint is faded.

The mustang rims look better, anyway. With some caps, they would look fantastic. Ford, once upon a time, had caps that had 5 holes through them, to see the lug nuts, and no logos... and some others had flat disc covers with no exposure of the lugs, but usually those had a logo stamped into them.

The silver car looks awesome, Hope it is easy to get the alignment into shape.

Odd that an alignment and wheel breakage happened at the same time... gee did the front end get curbed REALLY HARD, or something, in transit? Do you have odometer readings from before and after?

Maybe they were joyriders, like the parking attendants in Ferris Bueller's day off...

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 12-07-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Quote:
Trevor
Have not gotten on line for a while.
I'm shocked about the wheel. Honestly, there was not a noise from the from right wheel before I gave it to the trucker.
So sorry your having that problem. It's unacceptable that they could have done something that extreme.
Quote:
Trevor,
I've gotten used to driving the svx again, I think I thought the brakes felt a bit faded because I've been driving around a little bmw e30 for a month now which stops when you barely touch the pedal...and it doesnt weigh over 3000 lbs
The only thing i notice is right before i come to a complete stop there is what feels like a loss of brake pressure on the pedal for a second or two and then ill stop. not something im too highly concerned about.

Quote:
Sorry, keep thinking about addt'l comments.
It's good that the company took responsibility, because I took all around pics, as it was being loaded. No damaged wheel. How could they have done that ?????
I'm at a loss too. What's more is that theres not damage to the rubber of the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
If you need a stock wheel, for the shipping company to buy for your, I have a few. A whole set, actually, but they don't match on color, and some of the paint is faded.

Odd that an alignment and wheel breakage happened at the same time... gee did the front end get curbed REALLY HARD, or something, in transit? Do you have odometer readings from before and after?
I'll get back to you on the wheel, since you're close that would be a good option.

I honestly have no idea how they could've done this, but they'll be paying for as much as we can get them to.

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Angry Re: Moving on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiv0 View Post
I've gotten used to driving the svx again, I think I thought the brakes felt a bit faded because I've been driving around a little bmw e30 for a month now which stops when you barely touch the pedal...and it doesnt weigh over 3000 lbs
The only thing i notice is right before i come to a complete stop there is what feels like a loss of brake pressure on the pedal for a second or two and then ill stop. not something im too highly concerned about.

I'm at a loss too. What's more is that theres not damage to the rubber of the wheel

I'll get back to you on the wheel, since you're close that would be a good option.

I honestly have no idea how they could've done this, but they'll be paying for as much as we can get them to.
About the alignment, that vehicle drove straight as an arrow before they got it.Could they have cinched it down so tight, the metal failed, and the alignment went out? Probably not on the metal failure huh.
Did you check the mileage from the title compared to the miles when it was delivered? I didn't drive it even 300 yards in the storage facility.
I seem angrier than you.That was my perfectly running SVX.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Quote:
About the alignment, that vehicle drove straight as an arrow before they got it.Could they have cinched it down so tight, the metal failed, and the alignment went out? Probably not on the metal failure huh.
Did you check the mileage from the title compared to the miles when it was delivered? I didn't drive it even 300 yards in the storage facility.
I seem angrier than you.That was my perfectly running SVX.
You can believe I'm not happy about the situation. I just bought a car that had no problems, and it arrived with a few; obviously not what anyone wanted.

I just dropped the car off at the dealership to fix the alignment, and the rotational noise coming from the front right wheel. I can guarantee you the shipping company will be held responsible for all repair costs, and another oem rim.

Much to my regret now, I did not check the exact mileage when I got in for the first time. When I get the vehicle back tomorrow I will do some math and get an estimate of what the mileage may have been, hopefully this can provide us with some information.

I'll tell you this, I'm no less angry than you about having to deal with this. The trouble here will be getting the shippers to possibly fess up to what happened.

1987 BMW 325is

Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 PM

On the side note of wheel center caps... the originals seem pretty hard to nail down. I know nothing about the following vendor, other than coming across a search.

http://www.centercaps.net/caps/detai...ockNumber=2431

they are $25 a piece.

Be carefull, there are two different ones of the same design. these are for the machined aluminum version (which you have on your SVX...), there is another version of the same wheel casting that is full chrome, with a corresponding full chrome center cap (28$ a piece from the same vendor.)

But from what I have seen, the center logos in the middle of the bolt pattern, might be removeable, and can possibly be either replaced, or overlayed... a little vinyl Subaru blue oval on a black background would look great. Heck, you might get lucky, and have some late model subaru cap fit the middle of that lug cover.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I have all 4 of those rim centercaps, I just need to order the "SVX logo centercaps" for those centercaps, which Dayle said he has available on his site.

1987 BMW 325is

Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Update:

Picked up the car from the dealership yesterday, car needs new front pass. side wheel bearing, rear drivers side wheel bearing, new cam seals, and the alignment can't be done until I have the front wheel bearing replaced. Unless I want to spend $100 now, and then again later.

1987 BMW 325is

Old 12-09-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Update:

Picked up the car from the dealership yesterday, car needs new front pass. side wheel bearing, rear drivers side wheel bearing, new cam seals, and the alignment can't be done until I have the front wheel bearing replaced. Unless I want to spend $100 now, and then again later.
Trevor,
I had no idea. Sorry. Anything relate to the shippers.Hopefully it won't be too much money.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

Took the car into a local shop to have the alignment done only to find the right lower control arm is bent/twisted and ball joint is loose, front right wheel bearing is bad (already knew), and my front pass. rim is bent. And because the alignment is off, my front tires tread wear is obviously very uneven. Parts cost would run me just under 1k, not including a new rim and tires. *sigh

1987 BMW 325is

Old 02-07-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Took the car into a local shop to have the alignment done only to find the right lower control arm is bent/twisted and ball joint is loose, front right wheel bearing is bad (already knew), and my front pass. rim is bent. And because the alignment is off, my front tires tread wear is obviously very uneven. Parts cost would run me just under 1k, not including a new rim and tires. *sigh
Are you getting compensation from the trucking company. They damaged it with out a doubt
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Man, they did a number on that car.

BROKE the original wheel, and mangled the suspension... that is pretty serious. I hope the damage is limited to that. At least once it is replaced, it will be fixed.

Now the mustang wheel is bent, too? Ouch....

------------

Old 02-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Sounds like someone who was hauling the car took it for a joyride. In the process, slid out into a curb from the sounds of it... I would take this to them and freak out if I were you...

Tom
Old 02-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Sounds like someone who was hauling the car took it for a joyride. In the process, slid out into a curb from the sounds of it... I would take this to them and freak out if I were you...

Tom
Agreed.

You should also have immediately had this investigated when you received the car with the broken wheel. It will be tough to get compensation from the transport company this long after the incident.
2001 Audi S8