Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Re: 0.0 Mileage SVX Engine - SOLD

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting back. Life has been crazy and I have been working with the winning buyer of the engine.

I am not going to release the winners name at this time, it will be up to him to decided whether or not his name is disclosed.

But the engine HAS BEEN SOLD!

I will still get picks up for you "non-believers". Lol.

Im sure you guys might notice the crushed oil filter, I added one on there to protect the filter bracket's threads when I transported the engine.

The red oil on the passenger cylinder head is just packing oil that was in the engine. I removed the valve covers and oil pan at the winning buyers's request to get a look at the internals.

NOTE that the cam lobes are not even worn, and how there is absolutely NO varnishing of the internals, bc there has not been any oil ran through it!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: 0.0 Mileage SVX Engine - Part out or as a whole $500

From the content of your first post, I had no idea that this was an "auction". I thought that you wanted to sell it for $500.00 outright plus shipping.

What constitutes a "winning buyer"? Is it the first one to get back to you with an offer to buy? Or was it the person who offered the most money (in which case $500.00 or best offer should have been stated instead of $500.00 OUTRIGHT)

Svxfiles posted within 15 minutes of your post with a phone number, along with numerous follow-up posts and PM's. He never received any response.

I can't believe that the "winner" contacted you within that 15 minutes...

You also posted on the SVX World Forums a week earlier and about 10 minutes before your first post here said "I ll knock the price down to $500 plus shipping...I'm kinda shocked at the lack of overall interest." So no one on Jason's site expressed interest after a week and just 15 minutes after you post here, you do not reply to svxfiles messages?

This whole thing sounds rather strange to me

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM

Actually someone did contact me BEFORE SVXfiles did. He emailed me directly. I went on the basis of time stamps between this forum and my AOL.com email account.

I use the term "winning buyer" loosely. There were many who were either interested or wanted the motor. I gave the person who contacted me first the oppotunity to purchase the motor first. It just so happens that the first person who contacted me, was also the person was able to buy it.

I hate have something sold from out underneath me whenever I am working with someone. Therefor, I refuse to do it to others. If the gentleman who purchased my motor backed out, the next person in line would have had the oppotunity.

No offense is ment to you guys, but I wanted to remain as fair as I could possibly be.

I cannot vouch for the other SVX site. I tried to sell the motor on that forum first, and yes it was on there for a week at the price of $750. No one really showed any interest, outside of curiosity. That is why I came to this site in attempts of reaching more potential buyers. I honestly do not understand what sounds "strange". I knocked the price down in efforts to simply SELL the motor. It was a gift to me, I had absolutely NOTHING tied up in the motor. I set a value for it and a base limit I was willing to let it go. I do not, did not, have the room in my garage to store the engine for an extended period. I simply wanted to sell it.

Last edited by Whtfairladyz; 10-07-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtfairladyz View Post
Actually someone did contact me BEFORE SVXfiles did. He emailed me directly. I went on the basis of time stamps between this forum and my AOL.com email account.

I use the term "winning buyer" loosely. There were many who were either interested or wanted the motor. I gave the person who contacted me first the oppotunity to purchase the motor first. It just so happens that the first person who contacted me, was also the person was able to buy it.

I hate have something sold from out underneath me whenever I am working with someone. Therefor, I refuse to do it to others. If the gentleman who purchased my motor backed out, the next person in line would have had the oppotunity.

No offense is ment to you guys, but I wanted to remain as fair as I could possibly be.

I cannot vouch for the other SVX site. I tried to sell the motor on that forum first, and yes it was on there for a week at the price of $750. No one really showed any interest, outside of curiosity. That is why I came to this site in attempts of reaching more potential buyers. I honestly do not understand what sounds "strange". I knocked the price down in efforts to simply SELL the motor. It was a gift to me, I had absolutely NOTHING tied up in the motor. I set a value for it and a base limit I was willing to let it go. I do not, did not, have the room in my garage to store the engine for an extended period. I simply wanted to sell it.

Hello

As long as you were fair about it I am sure we are all happy. I am one of the ones that PM'd you but I am sure that I was one of the last in line. Too bad for me, I would have bought it without a doubt and paid whatever to have it shipped to Canada. As long as its one of us then I am sure we are all good with it. I would love to know who got it in the long run just for the sake of knowing.

Regards

Max

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: