Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Angry Legacy Destroyed!!!

Christmas is a week away... I'm driving down the freeway home from work in my 1996 Subaru Legacy LSi. While the exterior might have minor imperfections, the interior was immaculate. Then, some ***** crosses two solid white lines, an empty lane, to directly in front of me, who is doing 55mph, doing a mere 20mph. I slam on my brakes to avoid a collision, in the process upsetting everything in the back, where I stored my Christmas presents I had bought, including a 6 volt farm/truck battery I bought for my father for his 1949 Chevy Pick-up. The battery spilled acid all over, ate clear through my carpet and virtually everything else in the trunk.

At the time, I did not flag her down to check the damage, which I should have done. Instead, I was furious, that I got in the other lane, which was clear of cars, and sped ahead. I knew the battery was back there, and that it probably flipped, but hoped that it was sealed to the point that it wouldn't leak from being flipped around. I arrived home 10 minutes later, checked, and sure enough, everywhere. Now I'm 10 times more furious than I was when it happened. I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, having some shred of faith in humanity left, but now I realized that I should not have done so. I'm done with people being inconsiderate, I'm done giving people "one more chance". From now on, someone does something like this, or any other form of ill will towards me, I will take appropriate measures. By that, I don't mean taking a tire iron to her window, but flagging her down and calling the police.

On a related note, if anyone has a grey carpet out of a 1996-1999 Subaru Legacy wagon in very good condition they want to sell, please let me know. Subaru can get the carpet, but it's $359, and that's just not happening.

/rant

I cannot exclaim how infuriated I am right now, that people would be so inconsiderate. It baffles my mind. This ***** had no thought in her head other than of herself. There are many things I'd like to say I'd do, but better judgment kicks in and prevents me from doing so.

If anyone sees a 50ish woman driving a gold acura sedan, that looks very well off type, the type that if you were to see, you'd be like "man, she seems like a *****", driving around, be sure to give her the finger for me.

/rant pt. 2

Since I have a very poor ability to portray emotions of any sort, and i know that this post doesn't accurate portray how angry I am, I'm just going on the record stating the fact that I haven't been this angry in ages. I'm a man of principal. Weather it's $5 or $5000, it's the principal of the fact that this woman was so much of an inconsiderate person with no regards for other humans. I pride myself in my consideration I portray towards others. To see others with none, it burns me up.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!

Last edited by JaySVX; 12-18-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 PM

To further illistrate my point, I have drawn a graphical representation of the event. Please see below:

As you can clearly see, she crossed directly into my path, there was no swerving that could be done. Why I let her go is completely beyond me. It will, however, never happen again. Even if a battery does not spill all over the back of my legacy.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
On my way home from VA beach this past weekend we almost creamed some retard in a honda because he did the same thing. He did the same exact thing except that we couldn't jump into another lane and we were in a box truck filled with stuff and towing a heavy RV trailer. After laying on the horn for a good while he looked in the mirrior like "what? what did I do?"

I could not even tell you how many times this has happened to me. One of those times almost involving a nasty (and a possibly fatal) accident. People DO NOT think when they drive. I hope you get your legacy looking beautiful again.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 12-18-2007, 04:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
That sucks.
This happens to me a lot. The drivers are horrible around here. And really dont care.
I actually had less near accidents in NY, than I have in Ohio.
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I should be getting to Harry's sometime soon, I'll see what I can find.

If I can't find a "Perfect one", do you want a "good one".
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Sorry to hear that man, really SUX

And Glad you got her name right on the map you draw!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Locker Link Solution

I had a woman in a blue audi 4 with MUNICH as her custom tag run me clear off the highway in my SVX. I was just talking about this today! I caught up to her are blared the horn, she wouldn't acknowledge me AT ALL!!!

I really should have called the staties on her, but let it slide... really regretted it when I discovered the cracked rim a few days later.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Well, I am glad you didn't get into a wreck at least.

If it were me I would have pulled her over and given her a lecture. I've never seen this particular maneuver, though.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 PM

Across 2 solid white lines! through a clear lane! Into my lane! It infuriates me!

Like I said, i'm no longer paying for other people's mistakes that did an injustice to me. It's absurd. People aren't going to learn until it hits them in the only place they seem to have any feeling, their wallet.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
God I had this happen to me but I realized what the retard in the Civic was doing I laid on the horn, and he turned and saw and veered back in his lane, of course he was talking on a cell phone, looking at me like I was stupid . I passed him very fast with a finger for him. I gave him that gesture because of the way he turned and looked at me with that Look "WHAT??!?!?! You are the one messing up! F-U".

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
That blows dude, ur wagon is in INCREDIBLE condition, and now it's fubared(well the carpet at least) because of some dumba$s.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:36 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX View Post
That blows dude, ur wagon is in INCREDIBLE condition, and now it's fubared(well the carpet at least) because of some dumba$s.
Fubared, BiNDY
But Not Dead Yet!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-18-2007, 09:21 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
Fubared, BiNDY
But Not Dead Yet!

o0o a new one
Old 12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Sometimes I debate whether I would prefer to have hit the idiot. I've been in a couple spots where someone has pulled out in front of me and I know that if I'd been driving the Taurus I'd have plowed into the side of them, or gone nose first into a ditch/tree/rail. I've thought back and said "Well, if I'd slammed into them, and not been greiviously injured, and written off both cars, maybe they would learn something and feel some effect, other than hearing the strange honking noise from behind them."

God I hate morons on the roads.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Sometimes I debate whether I would prefer to have hit the idiot. I've been in a couple spots where someone has pulled out in front of me and I know that if I'd been driving the Taurus I'd have plowed into the side of them, or gone nose first into a ditch/tree/rail. I've thought back and said "Well, if I'd slammed into them, and not been greiviously injured, and written off both cars, maybe they would learn something and feel some effect, other than hearing the strange honking noise from behind them."

God I hate morons on the roads.
You are not the only one. A while back I had a idiot pull out in front of me going to make a left hand turn, stopped in my lane, I was going 60-65 , I had to slam on my brakes so hard. And they gave me the look like , "You are in the wrong wth are you looking at me for".

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: