How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-27-2007, 12:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
My first Subaru list goes:

1986 XT, powder blue, I bought it in 1995, met with tragic end from the idiot I sold it to. Don't use ATF in the crank case

1990 Legacy AWD bought in 1996, It was in a flood 9 months after I bought it, Water was over front of the hood, got in it, turned the key, and drove it to higher ground. It was never right after that, many electrical issues. Literally had it towed into the Subaru dealership and traded on a new Impeza

1999 Impreza bought in 1999, left with ex-wife, that was a sexy ride that was fun to ride hard, the car not the wife.

1992 SVX LSL dark teal, bought in 2006, sitting infront of my house looking so shiney I think I'll sneak a peak at it right now.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
I had a white 1998 Outback Sport that some guy in a mad hurry squished up for me with his Accord.

Knowing that the car ($11,500 in damage, but they built it back up anyway) would never be the same, I traded it quite spontaneously for the 2000 Legacy GT wagon that treated me so well, until I ultraspontaneously bought my Pearly from Tom.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Peace Sells... are you buying?

My first Subie... our 02 Platinum Silver WRX Sport Wagon. We purchased it in June of 02 with 9K on the odometer. I never actually thought we would ever own one. I had been lusting after this car (any WRX sedan or wagon) since the first Grand Turismo for the Playstation and could hardly wait until they finally hit the shores here in the U.S. This car rocks... when I want to take some high speed corners I whip the REX keys out.

Shortly my little sleeper wagon will be much quicker as an STi turbo, intercooler and exhaust will be at home under the hood. Praise God for interchange-ability!

Even as much as I enjoy the Imprezas though I feel more at home in my SVX.

God has truly blessed us with two wonderful Subies.

My favorite Subie however is my brother-in-law's built to the hilt STi. I have driven purpose built race cars (C-4 Corvettes) that didn't have as much punch as this all wheel drive bullet. For about ten or twelve thousand dollars less than a base model Corvette (about 42K for the car, parts and a tune on a calibrated dyno) you can have a daily driven "Super Car". For the money you can't go wrong.

Ira
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Heh... my first Subie was a 1992 Subaru Loyale. Didn't accelerate worth a damn, and [insert deity here] help you if you wanted to climb a hill with the air conditioning on... but I drove it for about 60,000 miles with nary a problem bar its propensity for chewing up and spitting out thermostats. Got totaled many, many, many moons ago when a white Ford F-150 decided it wanted to sit in the back seat.

My second was my 1995 Subaru SVX... traded my Grand Am for that and never looked back. Third was a 1996 Outback that we bought with the settlement money from the insurance on the Loyale.

My next subie? Maybe an STi... but I'll have to kill my SVX first which might take a while...

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
i don't see the justy listed in your signature anymore?
That's because I drive my SVX now. I do eventually want to turn it into an auto-x car though.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
I suppose I'd better post this one up...

Behold, the nefarious TRASHWAGON (this would be trashwagon 5 to be exact)

My first subaru, was a 1983 Subaru GL-10 Wagon, 5spd, but here's the silly part. It's got the EA82 motor (for those who aren't old ass subaru savy, that would be the loyale's 1.8 litre) We plopped the carbed head off the EA81 on it and we had to cut around the front shroud so we could re-fit the radiator just so the fans wouldn't clip the timing belts. (which did happen like 7 times lol)

The fans on it were both electric auxiliary fans (we couldn't put on the clutch fan cause the EA82 sat too far forward in the engine bay). The fans kept shorting out the switch so it got to the point where I'd just pop the engine bay and link the fan right to the positive terminal (stupid).

There's more lol...

The fuel pump was a generic inline pump off of a ford F-150 and was relayed directly onto the coil itself. Again, another bad idea. Nothing inside worked either. No fuel gauge, no speedo, no heater, no vents, and a busted ass tape deck. Can't forget the carpet headliner...

Overall the car was a mess, but it did teach me a lot about cars, and how stupid easy subarus are to work on. (one of the reasons I decided to take on an SVX even though it's common problems)

I remember numerous times we had to slip on some new timing belts on the side of the road, at midnight, in the rain, with noting but a flashlight, some rusty wrenches, and a pack of cigarettes.

The car was a riot, fun as hell, and I do miss it. I hope that I can apply this unique style to the SVX and possibly find my own groove within the community. (don't expect an such an outrageous paintjob... That wasn't my idea lol.)

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: