Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Wow!!!!!! We must have been there at the same time. I left on the 27 of Dec and got back last friday. I left out of JFK and went to Dubai, left from Dubai to Chennai, and then from Chennai to Vishkhapatnam. What were you there for?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
P.S. there are sick cars in Dubai
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Heading to India tomorrow for 2 weeks. I'm brining my laptop with me...hopefully i dont use up all the power (inside joke). I'm really not looking forward to my 24 hours in the plane. A few shots of patron will set me right though .
Yeah that plan ride would kill. 2 weeks is a heck of a long time to go without using a bathroom (as George from Seinfield would say). Hope ya enjoyed the trip!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
Wow!!!!!! We must have been there at the same time. I left on the 27 of Dec and got back last friday. I left out of JFK and went to Dubai, left from Dubai to Chennai, and then from Chennai to Vishkhapatnam. What were you there for?
Are you indian? I was there visiting family. Just a usual vacation trip for a couple of weeks. Chennai is in the next state over to mine. There are a lot of sick cars in the middle east!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM

No, I'm not Indian. I was there on a missions trip at a school/orphanage between my fall semester and spring semester. We made a couple of trips into the mountains one of which got kinda sketchy. The funny thing was that I had a lot of people think I was an Aussie cricket player. I guess there was a big tournament going on or something. When we would go into restaurants or shops in the city(Gajuwaka) I would get special treatment and our friends who were interpreting told me that the people thought that I was a cricket player.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
No, I'm not Indian. I was there on a missions trip at a school/orphanage between my fall semester and spring semester. We made a couple of trips into the mountains one of which got kinda sketchy. The funny thing was that I had a lot of people think I was an Aussie cricket player. I guess there was a big tournament going on or something. When we would go into restaurants or shops in the city(Gajuwaka) I would get special treatment and our friends who were interpreting told me that the people thought that I was a cricket player.
You should have admitted as an aussie player... you would have definitely got a lot of people around you and autographs and wht not.... thats the level how people in India worship cricket. -Pavan
Old 01-25-2007, 08:04 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
LOL thats awesome. So how did you like it over there? How did things get sketchy in the mountains?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 PM

We went to a state called ( I will spell it the way it sounds phonetically) new-wana-ku-deli. We went up to this market place that our guide had only been to once and apparently didn't think that white people had been there before. While we were there we were secretly videoing and taking pictures and one of our guides got caught by the husband of of one of the women we were trading with. He started pushing our guide around and things sorta escalated from there. The thing is that state (we were told) has no official policing force. So, we were basically on our own. There was no police our government facility we could go to for safety. The two things that saved us was Sudheer (my friend that lives over there) bribed the husband with 400 rupies (oooo!!!!!! 8$ ) and I was made out to be a cricket player who was getting a tour of the mountains. So, being a minority sometimes has its perks I guess.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
We went to a state called ( I will spell it the way it sounds phonetically) new-wana-ku-deli. We went up to this market place that our guide had only been to once and apparently didn't think that white people had been there before. While we were there we were secretly videoing and taking pictures and one of our guides got caught by the husband of of one of the women we were trading with. He started pushing our guide around and things sorta escalated from there. The thing is that state (we were told) has no official policing force. So, we were basically on our own. There was no police our government facility we could go to for safety. The two things that saved us was Sudheer (my friend that lives over there) bribed the husband with 400 rupies (oooo!!!!!! 8$ ) and I was made out to be a cricket player who was getting a tour of the mountains. So, being a minority sometimes has its perks I guess.
As far as I know there is no state pronounced as "new-wana-ku-deli" (except New Delhi which kinda sounds the same at the end) in India, is this a plcae name in Andhra Pradesh?? Usually place names ending with Ku-deli will be in Andhra Pradesh (as it is a telugu term). Whts the name of the place actually?? You were lucky for getting out easily, sometimes (in the places where there is no police control even there is a police station and there are many places in India like this), it will be very dangerous. There are many places in India where factionism rules over any other.

-Pavan.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:06 PM

hmmmmm.... I am thinking that maybe the name i tried to write was the name of the village where the market was. I know for a fact that we were in Andra Pradesh but I thought that we crossed into another state before we arrived at the market. I am waiting to get an email from my friend with the spellings of everywhere we went. I will need all that info because I am going to speak at some churches and some other places trying to raise money for the school.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
hmmmmm.... I am thinking that maybe the name i tried to write was the name of the village where the market was. I know for a fact that we were in Andra Pradesh but I thought that we crossed into another state before we arrived at the market. I am waiting to get an email from my friend with the spellings of everywhere we went. I will need all that info because I am going to speak at some churches and some other places trying to raise money for the school.
The border states for Andhra Pradesh are TamilNadu, Karnataka, Maharastra, MadhyaPradesh and Orissa, since you are in Vishakapatnam district(Vizag in short), you must have been driven into Orissa for a while and Orissa is considerably a backward state compared to all other neighboring states.

-Pavan.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
The border states for Andhra Pradesh are TamilNadu, Karnataka, Maharastra, MadhyaPradesh and Orissa, since you are in Vishakapatnam district(Vizag in short), you must have been driven into Orissa for a while and Orissa is considerably a backward state compared to all other neighboring states.

-Pavan.
I recognize TamilNadu, MadhyaPradesh, and Orissa but, the other two I don't. Regardless it is nice to be back (although in school again ) and being able to drink water from the tap is nice too.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2007, 02:26 PM

i'm trying to load pics onto my facebook now so I can then link them to this thread
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Came back last night. It was a really nice trip for the most part. Ran into some trouble when I got to india...problem with my connecting flight to go down south...gotta love air india . Our internet connection in the house kept messing up so that kinda sucked. I got to drive too....and yeah that wasn't very fun at all . I dont think there were many times I even got to shift up from 3rd gear. The airport is 4 hours away from my house so that trip is not fun at all..especially at 4 in the morning when it is completley dark and people are still walking in the middle of the road. I'm probably going back in the summer time with my brother. The weather was beautiful....of course when i step back into NY its 22 degrees. All in all I had a great time....kinda sucked that I had to come back so soon. I was just getting used to the time difference .

Did u make out with any dudes?? T00lonThEmAn???
Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM

2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: