Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-12-2006, 09:08 AM

Sr240sx, I value your feedback and consider you a valuble resourse.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan
I hate to go racial sr240sx but you are well aware that "rice" refered to asian kids modding their Japanese cars in manner that was not what "american guy" liked. It is a derogatory and racial term. American cars have been modded for decades however "rice" is a new 10 year old term.
Nothin' racial about comments on taste. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, swims like a duck; it must be a duck.

To get back to the original reason for your post:

If you have a community collage or what ever they call them in the USA that teaches auto body repairs, many of these schools are always looking for projects for the students. The cost is usually just parts and supplies.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengue
blah blah blah

wow!

That was the most incredible example of condescending, arrogant crap I've ever heard... I'm really impressed that you have established firmly in your mind what you find to be aesthetically pleasing. I have found that in our pursuit of individuality we have established the ability to find things attractive that other people do not, as an example, I personally am not attracted to obese tranny prostitutes, but, I would never tell you that you are wrong for it, only that I don't care for them. I really think that you have made your point now, and that there is little doubt amongst the SVX community as to how you feel about exterior modifications. Perhaps now you could give some advice as to where to get some good fiberglass work done. Or, maybe you could offer up some other bit of "helpful" advice, as that is why this forum was made.

Skip
He said you couldn't rice an "italian" japanese car. I said you could.

I'm sorry, but this is an internet board. We are allowed to speak our minds on subject matters which we feel compelled to do so on. This is also an internet board where people who have a shared interest in the subaru SVX may post opinions and ask for help. The technical section is for real help, this is for babble and gab. So stop being so arrogant YOURSELF about a simple post and standing up defending everyone, and offer help yourself, and stop attacking people for speaking their mind.

I will respect his individuality, and his right to it, but never respect the abomination he creates on simple matters of taste.

And anthony, that was the origional meaning of "rice", but get with the colloquialism of the times! NOWADAYS, europeans call poor taste "rice" as much as americans do, and even the Japanese have taken to calling poor taste modding as such. It's a simple term referencing bad taste nowadays.

The word "" was added to the dictionary as a verb. Languages evolve and reinvent themselves, you cannot simply use the old meaning of the word in defense when you understand the definition we're using.

And about the community college bit. most auto body repair places don't teach fiberglass work as commonly as before. My best advice is to just buy some materials and start learning yourself. It's not terribly difficult.

Last edited by Sr240sx; 11-12-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 AM

Dengue and sr240sx,

I need both of you to be my friends and friends to each other.

I am glad a started this thread because I might still get someone interested in sharing development cost and design however if I receive one more negative feedback or argument then I'll start wishing I had just done the wing no one hear would have known and everyone would have still just liked each other.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 AM

You will get me insulting your tastes to no end, but you won't get me insulting you

I'm done posting here, because my point has been made, unless Dengue decides to start attacking me again for simply posting my opinion on TEH INTERWEBS.

I would be interested in getting something LOWER than the stock wing designed if you'd be up for that instead, because I think the stock wing is too clunky as it stands.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr240sx
us alaskans
Eh?
lettersnumbers

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM

sr240sx, I can relate you not liking the stock spoiler.

I love one minute and dislike it the next minute.

You want to a little lower and I want to go a lot higher. Its all good.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to starsh0t Send a message via Yahoo to starsh0t
Please don't ruin a beautiful car

There is a bright yellow SVX that runs around Ft. Collins area here and has a ridiculous spoiler on it, and we DO define that car as "rice." I've left my car completely stock looking because I appreciate the car as I saw it first. I never understood the point of modifying the overall exterior of a car. Specially a car such as the SVX which in my opinion, NO ONE will buy unless they love the design of it.

Once again this is MY opinion so take it as such.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan
sr240sx, I can relate you not liking the stock spoiler.

I love one minute and dislike it the next minute.

You want to a little lower and I want to go a lot higher. Its all good.
We all have our own opinions. Some more strongly than others. Do what you will. But don't get pissed when the insults start flowing (shopping kart, park bench)

Looking at how well you take the criticism, I can imagine you won't. But still I must implore that you at least have someone hold the spoiler there before you give the go-ahead and ask yourself if you REALLY want to do this. because it WILL be bad for the car's aerodynamics.

Another factor to take into consideration is exterior modificaiton hurting resale. I got my M coupe because the exterior had been modified, and therefore the overall "Stock appeal" to the sales market was ruined. I ended up paing more than 5k less than what it would have been worth in it's stock condition.

Think about that.

"us alaskans" because I was born in anchorage :-P

Last edited by Sr240sx; 11-12-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:01 PM

I'm thinking about resale all the time and so far I have not an considered anything that affects resale.

I would keep the existing spoiler and add the new custom wing using the existing holes.

I already know that it will be awesome since the red one with the large wing is the most awesome SVX that I have ever seen.

Thanks for your input guys.

Looks mlike no one wants to join in so this thread can end now. Thanks guys. I keep everyone updated with the progress.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
shopping cart

Tom
Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I have a taller than stock spoiler on my car too...I must have a riced out SVX as well =(.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM

I named my girlfriend's cat duckie.

And yes.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I wanted to name our cat "Dog".

...like the Bounty Hunter
Old 11-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Lets make it official. SVX is an Italian car.

If the SVX is designed by an Italian company than why can't we, those in this forum that choose to, consider the SVX Italian: but built in Japan with Japanese money.

Most Camrys on US roadways are built in the US but still consdiered Jap cars since they were designed in Japan.

I know it can be said that the Italian design company was not involved enough in the post design production process however we cannot say that for sure. I mean I don't know how involved they were in the process.