SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Ya but it isnt posted.

What so it never happened since it isn't posted?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Then why'd you remove the seat? That would be weight reduction. Dumb weight reduction but weight reduction just the same. We do have windows fyi. I'd put it back together but I didn't want to part the car and it was already missing most of the interior.

When you start out a sentence with my car's stock EXCEPT: you're already looisng the battle of the stocks (unless you're a NASCRAP fan)

I'm not saying you didn't have a great time, I'm just saying you're far from stock.
The seat was removed because the car is going to subi-crossers in the next week or 2 to be repaired and he asked me to remove it so he didn't catch it on fire. I never said the car is stock and everybody and their mothers knows it's not. I may have said or meant stock weight, Which in my opinion it is because number 1: the seat weighs jack. number 2: Everybody removes the spare when they race. Let's not forget that you had to remove your belts, unplug your O2 sensors, unhook your crankcase vents, remove your trunk and so on to get your times. Until you did that you were running 14.6-14.7 all day long which is only .2-.3 seconds over me and my car weighs how much more than yours? If I took off my belt I would have been that fast or faster which in my opinion speaks volumes for my car and the things I've done over the past 2 years.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Post here so we all can compare. I'm currently the fastest listed with a 14.088. I'm hoping to break it in the spring.

http://www.dragtimes.com/

I'm taking the winter off from the track and spending it fixing issues on the cars that have been annoying me all summer.
It's already on there my friend.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-SVX-Timeslip-6934.html
Old 11-06-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
The seat was removed because the car is going to subi-crossers in the next week or 2 to be repaired and he asked me to remove it so he didn't catch it on fire. I never said the car is stock and everybody and their mothers knows it's not. I may have said or meant stock weight, Which in my opinion it is because number 1: the seat weighs jack. number 2: Everybody removes the spare when they race. Let's not forget that you had to remove your belts, unplug your O2 sensors, unhook your crankcase vents, remove your trunk and so on to get your times. Until you did that you were running 14.6-14.7 all day long which is only .2-.3 seconds over me and my car weighs how much more than yours? If I took off my belt I would have been that fast or faster which in my opinion speaks volumes for my car and the things I've done over the past 2 years.
Exactly why it isn't stock. It was also a 35 degree temperature difference. I've never taken my spare out the 1 time that I dinosaur raced. You just need to understand that you don't have a stock car, if you think you do then I do to, its that simple. As for street legal as I already said that's a joke. If it was registered at Dave's house it would just need a seat belt in it to be street legal. Oh and maybe a few bulbs too.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Exactly why it isn't stock. It was also a 35 degree temperature difference. I've never taken my spare out the 1 time that I dinosaur raced. You just need to understand that you don't have a stock car, if you think you do then I do to, its that simple. As for street legal as I already said that's a joke. If it was registered at Dave's house it would just need a seat belt in it to be street legal. Oh and maybe a few bulbs too.
I never said it was stock as in engine or drivetrain, I said it was stock as in WEIGHT. A backseat and spare count for crap and I probally would have hit 14's with them in the car. You get that car registered in Pa. and have it pass inspection and then I'll believe it can be street legal. But until that happens you just have a purpose built race car to me and it's times count for nothing IMHO.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I never said it was stock as in engine or drivetrain, I said it was stock as in WEIGHT. A backseat and spare count for crap and I probally would have hit 14's with them in the car. You get that car registered in Pa. and have it pass inspection and then I'll believe it can be street legal. But until that happens you just have a purpose built race car to me and it's times count for nothing IMHO.

It is actually easier to get through then say Mike CJs would be as its stock engine/emissions wise. Why would I get it inspected so I can pay insurance crap on it. It is registered still I think if I remember correctly. Stock weight includes the back seat. If you think it weighs the same with or without it then you're a couple tacos short of a burritto.

MMMM.. Burrittos!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
It is actually easier to get through then say Mike CJs would be as its stock engine/emissions wise. Why would I get it inspected so I can pay insurance crap on it. It is registered still I think if I remember correctly. Stock weight includes the back seat. If you think it weighs the same with or without it then you're a couple tacos short of a burritto.

MMMM.. Burrittos!!!!
Well I know the seat counts for something, But I highly doubt it would have cut .06 seconds off the car and it weighs so little that I just don't count it. I could have made up it's weight with 2 or 3 gallons of gas. Anybody can get a car registered and THEN tear it apart.

MMMMMMMM.........Burrittooooos
Old 11-06-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Anybody can get a car registered and THEN tear it apart.

MMMMMMMM.........Burrittooooos
Ummm.. The car is much more together then it was when we got it. At least it didn't go the way of you're parts cars! It meets everything safety wise that it needs to aside from the seatbelt. 6 point harnesses aren't legal for street cars. Only other issue might be the lack of an airbag but a cover can go back on it if need be. I'm just not gonna spend $50 for a sticker.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Ummm.. The car is much more together then it was when we got it. At least it didn't go the way of you're parts cars! It meets everything safety wise that it needs to aside from the seatbelt. 6 point harnesses aren't legal for street cars. Only other issue might be the lack of an airbag but a cover can go back on it if need be. I'm just not gonna spend $50 for a sticker.
Then the question isn't getting it registered, It's how long can you drive around before you get pulled over by an observant officer. My parts cars went the way they did for one simple reason: Nobody was smart enough to take them off my hands leaving me no choice. My current parts car should have been considered a steal at 1,500 dollars, But nobody came through, So it's parts now. The other parts car isn't my car and it was the owner of it who decided to part it, I'm just the one doing it for him. It was a complete basketcase and needed EVERYTHING.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Then the question isn't getting it registered, It's how long can you drive around before you get pulled over by an observant officer. My parts cars went the way they did for one simple reason: Nobody was smart enough to take them off my hands leaving me no choice. My current parts car should have been considered a steal at 1,500 dollars, But nobody came through, So it's parts now. The other parts car isn't my car and it was the owner of it who decided to part it, I'm just the one doing it for him. It was a complete basketcase and needed EVERYTHING.
Observant officer? It IS PERFECTLY LEGAL thanks to the OLD FOLKS SOCIETY AND THEIR HARLEY'S it isn't even too loud for the road. You had plenty of choices, you chose to part 'em. We chose to keep this one on the road.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Observant officer? It IS PERFECTLY LEGAL thanks to the OLD FOLKS SOCIETY AND THEIR HARLEY'S it isn't even too loud for the road. You had plenty of choices, you chose to part 'em. We chose to keep this one on the road.
After I lost my job I had no choices. I have to support my wife and myself and she has to have her life sustaining meds and doctors visits. When nobody would buy the car, it had to be parted. Like I said, The first one was not my car and I had no say in it and it needed WAY to much to be fixed up. Dude, your car has stickers all over it and no interior and it's super loud. In my city you wouldn't make it one day before the A.P.D. had you in the back of cruiser watching your car be towed away on a flatbed.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
After I lost my job I had no choices. I have to support my wife and myself and she has to have her life sustaining meds and doctors visits. When nobody would buy the car, it had to be parted. Like I said, The first one was not my car and I had no say in it and it needed WAY to much to be fixed up. Dude, your car has stickers all over it and no interior and it's super loud. In my city you wouldn't make it one day before the A.P.D. had you in the back of cruiser watching your car be towed away on a flatbed.
Remember, I work within spitting distance of our local police department.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Remember, I work within spitting distance of our local police department.
Yeah, That's your police department, Not mine. They're a little more hostile towards stuff like that around here.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, That's your police department, Not mine. They're a little more hostile towards stuff like that around here.
Helps when you have you're own badge.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Helps when you have you're own badge.
LOL! Hell yeah it does, But thats cheating.