Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
1. Sov13t- Got your pedal box... Got your shift linkage.. I just need to do some work on them. Your X-member is ready and waiting for the rest of the kit to be finished
2. Intellibomb- You are taking SVXYgirl's place as she has informed me she will not be able to do this quite yet... I am hoping to be able to finish your parts in my new garage once I get it set up or when I get back to Jersey to do some work

Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Ok... FWD 5mt is def a possibility... DO you have a tranny already?? I can get you the whole kit tranny and all for $1500 plus freight shipping... Let me know soon so I can have the tranny picked up...

Tom

The clutches are cable type on the FWD trannies arn't they? This means the petal assemply will be different. The awd legacy tranny I did a while back had the cable clutch. The easiest why we found was to cut the clutch assembly off the Legacy assembly and weld it to the SVX assembly and swop the svx break petal for the legacy one. I beleive it may also be possible to may an adapter for the entire Legacy assembly and just use it.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Mike, I have already gotten a few cable pedal assemblies and built one so far... It is relatively simple but still a pain in the arse. I will be using a cable 4.11 in my teally when I find a trans for it

Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Maniac modifier

1. Sov13t- Got your pedal box... Got your shift linkage.. I just need to do some work on them. Your X-member is ready and waiting for the rest of the kit to be finished

2. SVXBart- You will be #2 in line, sorry for the confusion... I am hoping to get some work done this weekend

3. Intellibomb- You are taking SVXYgirl's place as she has informed me she will not be able to do this quite yet... I am hoping to be able to finish your parts in my new garage once I get it set up or when I get back to Jersey to do some work

Tom
Old 11-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Hey Tom, I'm done paying my school bill so it's time to scrape up for SVX parts. You think a WRX tranny will hold up to an NA set up for a while? I don't plan on super/turbocharging the car for a while, so would it be good with a good clutch kit? Also, I'm assuming a cable clutch is an easier install, but is the difference worth the labor save? Only manual cars I've ever driven were 240s, 300zxs, and vr4s. Not sure which had what. Tryin to get these before they disappear as some have been telling me.

Last edited by SVXtacy; 11-19-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Maniac modifier

ok... sorry I have been vacant from this thread for a while but I have been a busy boy setting up my new garage... I got my new welder the other day and figured today was a good day to test it out... I also figured, with all my newly aquired pedal boxes I would try what I have been meaning to do for a long time... it is still in it's test phase but I have found a way to adapt the Hydro guts onto the SVX frame... Doing this will raise the pedals up and away from the firewall and allow the stock gas pedal to be used and thus not decrease throw... Also throw of the clutch pedal will also be increased. You will be able to use the stock brake booster without modifications. Only problem is, this process takes much longer than the traditional "make it fit" method but I believe the findings will be well worth it. More on this when I get the pedal box in my car and make sure all is well

Tom
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Maniac modifier

pictures of the new style hydro pedals... These got more work done to them before I quit for the day. I extended the clutch master mount 1 5/8" and I also extended the pushrod for the clutch master 1 5/8". I will try and find time to tear out my brake booster and replace it with an unaltered one. I will also replace the clutch master pushrod and see if it all works well.

Tom
Old 11-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Somebody is making good use of their Thanksgiving school break
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Maniac modifier

not for long I have an engineless civic showing up on Sunday which I need to work on... There goes any progress on the kits Gotta love the engine source sending me an OBDI 1.6l when I needed an OBDII. Hopefully we can get the right motor or I am swapping heads which I am not looking foward to

TOm
Old 11-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
not for long I have an engineless civic showing up on Sunday which I need to work on... There goes any progress on the kits Gotta love the engine source sending me an OBDI 1.6l when I needed an OBDII. Hopefully we can get the right motor or I am swapping heads which I am not looking foward to

TOm

Yeah, but you've got plenty of time, right?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-24-2006, 06:11 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Sent some business your way Tom. Looks like there will be 2 6mts in SD...
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Maniac modifier

2. SVXBart- You will be #2 in line, sorry for the confusion... I am hoping to get some work done this weekend

3. Intellibomb- You are taking SVXYgirl's place as she has informed me she will not be able to do this quite yet... I am hoping to be able to finish your parts in my new garage once I get it set up or when I get back to Jersey to do some work

I know I have been keeping you waiting for so long but it is the end of the semester for me and I have a ton of school work. After this week I should be able to wrap things up so if you are on the list for a kit, they will be ready in the next 2-3weeks. Just a notice to those who are waiting or thinking about buying one, now is the time to order

Tom
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Sorry if someone already asked this but I couldn't find the answers in the forum...

1) What is the difference between the Hydro clutch and the Cable clutch?

2) If I wanted to do a six speed swap, would it be better to get:
a) a newer transmission/axles/differential
b) an older transmission...

and do you think some aftermarket modifications should be done to the stock clutch/transmission for better performance?
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)
Old 12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Maniac modifier

This pic is of the newest pedal box mounted in a parts car I am stripping out for someone... Figured that I would try it while everything else is out of the way... Fits very well but I need to work on clutch master mounting a little because this pedal box mounts it about 10mm higher than my others so with a little shift it will be right where I want it. BTW this uses the stocke brake booster which saves me the time and frustration of removing the booster and modifying it.

Tom
Old 12-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfreq
Sorry if someone already asked this but I couldn't find the answers in the forum...

1) What is the difference between the Hydro clutch and the Cable clutch?- Hydroulic activation creates a softer pedal and is used on most suby transmissions past 1999 i believe

2) If I wanted to do a six speed swap, would it be better to get:
a) a newer transmission/axles/differential
b) an older transmission...
This is all up to you... Of course it is a good idea to get low mileage parts but they come at a higher cost.

and do you think some aftermarket modifications should be done to the stock clutch/transmission for better performance?- That depends on what transmission you are using... A 6mt with a stock clutch is more than enough for the SVX. A wrx 5mt with a stock clutch is usually pretty good for the svx as well... I do recomend a better clutch for all other transmissions
I responded in the quote

Tom