How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t
Baby steps...

Hey guys,

I am proud to anounce that I have spent the past 4 hours swapping out my front speakers... Which is indeed my first major thing I've done for my baby... (I just got it 3 days ago so a lot of things to come ) Anyways... I have installed Pioneer Premier TS-A631P 220W max. 6-1/2" Three-Way Speakers in the front doors. All I can say is I love the challenge that Subaru provides.... drilling out the "plate" that held the stock 15W speakers was quite challenging because at first i used a small drill tip didnt so then I had to use a bigger one and so on.. Im sure if you have installed these before and kept the stock "plate" know what I am talking about!

How powerful are the stock tweeters? Anyone know? (I got a pair of 400W tweeters when I bought the Pioneers)

Next thing on the list is a Stage 3 Air Intake from planetsvx.com (I hope they are still have them anyone familiar with planetsvx.com at all?)

Sound quality is great... and here are the pictures... (all will be in my locker if I figure out how to create one on this site )

1. Uncovering the old and blown out drivers side speaker
2. Another view from the side.
3. New vs the old.
4. Specs. (back side)
5. My work area.
6. Finally detached the bloody thing!
7. New speaker feels right at home
8. Mounted!
9. Second speaker ready to go (when detaching the stock one from the plate i hurt my thumb!) Notice its already dark outside... I really wanted to finish tonight..
10. Passenger door ready to go...
11. Can you see it ?
12. Hop in for a ride!

Please post your replies and comments!!! and my rear speakers are coming on 21st 300W Pioneer Premier 6x9s
Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 PM

clean svx you have there! how hard is it getting the door panels off, do you just pop them off the bottem and then lift them up? my front and rear speakers are all worn.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Locker Link Solution

planet svx is owned and operated by a member here on the board. I think his user name is "motorsport_SVX" on here, and Dayle out there! His shop name is Motorsport Warehouse out in AZ. Can't say I ever remember any complaints that were not solved quick from him. He checks up on the board every few days. Some products on his site don't actually exist, but are on there to check for interest.

I'm not sure which intake you are refering to, but if it is the one that sticks into the fender.... then I have seen it on one car in person. Looked pretty good. It was something I could piece together myself... but that has nothing to do with whether or not it is a good product or worth the money. It looked nice and if you don't have the mind to make something like that, you could just pay him instead of potentially wasting much more money to get something to work for you that you are still not happy with the appearance of.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 09-18-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarusee
clean svx you have there! how hard is it getting the door panels off, do you just pop them off the bottem and then lift them up? my front and rear speakers are all worn.
there are a few screws first.

-one or two in the arm rest.
-one under the door handle, which may be covered by a plate that just snaps in and out.
-and there may be one toward the front of the door near the duct for the vents, most subarus have something there... i can't remember if the svx has a clip or a screw, but you'll see.

once those are out, you can lift and rotate the panel off.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Domo Arigato

I just replaced the front door speakers too. I got Infinity Kappa 3 way. Glad this one comes with plastic adaptor set that fits to the SVX's door. No modification needed! Good sound, good price.

When I got speakers on my old SVX, I think also got Infinity speakers, different model, but this one didn't come with any adaptors so I had to make custom adaptors for speakers.

My new head unit should be arriving soon, I can't wait. This time I will also install dynamat sheets on the door to see how that improve the sound.....

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t
Yeah the whole process is fairly easy... as far as taking off the door panels.. Id say the toughest part was cleanly taking off the little panel that covers up the bolt under the handle that opens the door. The plastic is a bit stiff so I used two screw drivers at the same time to pry it out of there...

Nobody knows about the stock tweeters? how powerful are they?

Can someone help me with setting up "personal locker" somehow? I have tried to look around for it but have had no success thus far..

Last edited by Sov13t; 09-19-2006 at 06:30 AM.